Keep your status (Targeted?)

Old Dec 3, 2018, 1:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, HHonors LTDia, Marriott Plat
Keep your status (Targeted?)

Received an email 11/30 that said:

Great news! You can keep your Hertz Gold Plus Rewards® President’s Circle® status in 2019 with just 7,000 Gold Plus Rewards points.

Instantly redeem 7,000 points and enjoy the speed of service that your President's Circle status provides you through December 31, 2019.

There is no easy way to see total rentals/days on the website, but my total is at least 40 rentals/160 days. Which makes this a head scratcher. Has anyone else received this?
Old Dec 3, 2018, 1:27 pm
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

Check in the mobile app. Unlike the website, it shows YTD rentals. You can always just call the Hertz Gold Rewards Desk at 1-888-999-4900 to check as well.
Old Dec 3, 2018, 2:21 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National Exec
I got the same email, although I'm definitely shy of the 20 rental cutoff. Still, 7k points is over $1k in value, rather a lot to spend to get PC.
Old Dec 3, 2018, 4:20 pm

Programs: Delta Plat, Southwest RR, HHonors Diamond, Hertz PC, National EE
How long does it take for the website or the app to show upgraded status? Has been about a month and my measly 8 YTD rentals is still just showing Gold status
Old Dec 3, 2018, 4:52 pm

My offer was 6k points to retain PC, 13 rentals YTD. Funny thing is I status matched back in October, so my status is valid next year as well anyways.
Old Dec 3, 2018, 7:43 pm

Programs: UA Gold, MR Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Same email - but 5500 points. 19 rentals YTD.

I agree that not sure it's worth it, although I was considering (tons of points that go unused anyway) - until a couple of hours ago, see thread on "flight information update"
Old Dec 3, 2018, 10:17 pm

Programs: Hertz PC, National Executive Elite, Marriott Platinum, Chase Sapphire Reserve, HH Diamond
it seems like the amount of points depends on how many ytd rentals u have.
Old Dec 4, 2018, 8:47 am

Programs: Status? What's status?
I have 43 rentals this year, more than double the requirement to requalify for PC, and recieved an offer to keep my status for 7000 points. Hertz definitely has issues with their email marketing and communications about their rewards program.
Old Dec 4, 2018, 8:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, HHonors LTDia, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by AutoSlash
Check in the mobile app. Unlike the website, it shows YTD rentals. You can always just call the Hertz Gold Rewards Desk at 1-888-999-4900 to check as well.
Ah, thanks that helps.
38 YTD with another 3 to go. I almost forgot, I have a company plan that gives PC with only 10 rentals.

With standard of 20 rentals for PC I have no idea why I would get this offer anyway.
Old Dec 4, 2018, 9:10 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
I'm feeling very left out here as I didn't get the email. I guess the cut-off is somewhere below 47 rentals
Old Dec 5, 2018, 2:57 pm

Programs: National EE
I have 24 rentals on the year and also received the offer for 7,000 points.

Just to be sure I called in to confirm that I have qualified for Presidents Circle status next year and they confirmed I am.

There is this and the latest email about my drivers license being expired in my profile when it wasn't.
Old Dec 6, 2018, 12:15 am

I've had the email, but mine included a graphic showing how many rentals I've had compared to the thresholds for five star and presidents circle.
Given that I've not received my "guaranteed" upgrade at Heathrow (largest UK location) more than half the time I've rented there, I'm not giving them 5,500 points for a questionable benefit.
Old Dec 7, 2018, 6:27 pm

Programs: National EE
Just received the following today...

Despite the fact that you’re already a President’s Circle® member, you recently received an offer to purchase this status with your points. We are very sorry for this processing error. Rest assured, your President’s Circle status is in our system and there’s no need to upgrade your membership. Please ignore the previous email.

We apologize for any inconvenience and thank you for being a President’s Circle member. We truly value your loyalty and your business.
Old Dec 7, 2018, 8:57 pm

Originally Posted by turbov6
Just received the following today...

Despite the fact that you’re already a President’s Circle® member, you recently received an offer to purchase this status with your points. We are very sorry for this processing error. Rest assured, your President’s Circle status is in our system and there’s no need to upgrade your membership. Please ignore the previous email.

We apologize for any inconvenience and thank you for being a President’s Circle member. We truly value your loyalty and your business.

I just received this 3 Hrs ago
I am just wondering Hertz may send this email to ppl who do not have PC status (Another IT Glitch haha)
Old Dec 11, 2018, 11:35 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
I got the 7,000 point offer. Only had 5 rentals YTD.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.