Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hertz Adrenaline Collection Problems

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2018, 2:06 am
Original Poster

Hertz Adrenaline Collection Problems

Recently rented a Challenger RT from the Adrenaline Collection, and actually got a nice new but dirty vehicle. I had qualified for a FREE WiFi Hotspot kit, but they tried to add $400 to my rental agreement which included hiking the price on my email confirmation. After much discussion and grief, was told that $100 deposit was required, so I asked why are you adding $400?
In the end I had to tell them to remove the unit and just charge my original price as had already wasted some time at the desk.

Only reason for using Hertz is I'm a car guy, and have to have a V8, so recently booked a Camaro SS convertible for September 2019, model guaranteed.
Just checked my booking online, and now says 'Or Similar'
Seems the Adrenaline collection are all now 'Or Similar', so as I have a email with 'Model guaranteed' I'm expecting more hassle at the desk yet again next year, and wonder if I will get my FREE WiFi kit too?
Mustang GT is gone too?

FYI does everyone monitor prices and rebook if cheaper? This year Challenger started at $1500 for 16 days, rebooked FIVE times as it got cheaper in the preceeding months and actually paid $908.

Next years booking started at $1550 for 16 days, already rebooked at $1195
Old Nov 22, 2018, 10:24 am

Programs: National EE, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond, AC 50K
Definitely keep an eye on your Adrenaline booking and the fleet as the date approaches. I had booked a regular Corvette convertible earlier in the year out of LAX and it appears this vehicle has disappeared from their fleet. When viewing the reservation online it now just shows a blank page without even the price. Also it appears the Camaro SS convertibles may have disappeared as they aren't bookable for any dates going forward either. Hopefully Hertz gets some new ones in their fleet to replace all the ones sent back.
Old Nov 26, 2018, 8:48 am
Original Poster

Used the Adrenaline collection 6 times now, only got the 'model guaranteed' 4 times out of the 6, but always been a V8 muscle car. Corvette no good for us on a roadtrip with luggage
Old Nov 26, 2018, 10:45 pm

Programs: HertzPresCircle, Virgin Atlantic Gold,Hil-Diam, Europcar Elite Vip, Emirates Gold, MarriottTitanium.
Originally Posted by turbov6
Definitely keep an eye on your Adrenaline booking and the fleet as the date approaches. I had booked a regular Corvette convertible earlier in the year out of LAX and it appears this vehicle has disappeared from their fleet. When viewing the reservation online it now just shows a blank page without even the price. Also it appears the Camaro SS convertibles may have disappeared as they aren't bookable for any dates going forward either. Hopefully Hertz gets some new ones in their fleet to replace all the ones sent back.
Same.. Had a mustang booked (DFW) and also dissapeared with a blank page. Was able to cancel tho and get all money refunded even tho it didn't state the price anymore in the booking.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 10:02 pm

Have also had a booking's details disappear for a May 2018 reservation for the Camaro SS convertible.
From my knowledge Hertz doesn't have 2018 Camaro SS's (hardtop or convertible) in their fleet anymore, must not have had favorable terms with GM or they couldn't agree on a contract for whatever reason.

I was also ticked off that my "exact model guaranteed" did not turn out back then in May 2018, but they substituted with a Mustang GT vert.

What's weird is Hertz keeps the "Camaro SS convertible (or similar)" as the namesake of that class, they could easily change it to "Mustang GT convertible" which would be more honest.

Anyone been able to negotiate a switch to a Corvette Stingray from a "Camaro SS convertible"? Figure it's the same engine, and a convertible reservation has a high value.
Old Oct 31, 2019, 2:08 pm

Programs: Aer Lingus
Hi there - can i ask, do all the adrenaline collection vehicles have a V8? I'm looking at renting the RSAR group category and wondering if it's worth it over the standard Mustang / Mustang Covertible groups. Also, do they generally have higher spec than the standard Mustang / Convertible groups? TIA
Old Oct 31, 2019, 11:21 pm

Programs: Hertz PC
Originally Posted by ferg01
Hi there - can i ask, do all the adrenaline collection vehicles have a V8? I'm looking at renting the RSAR group category and wondering if it's worth it over the standard Mustang / Mustang Covertible groups. Also, do they generally have higher spec than the standard Mustang / Convertible groups? TIA
All of the adrenaline cars have a V8. Personally I think it's worth the price difference over the regular "standard sport". The adrenaline class is always very well equipped, whereas the base Camaro is pretty bare bones. In terms of what you're likely to get when you book, there are other threads that discuss this more in depth. You're definitely not guaranteed a mustang in either category. In my experience here in the Midwest the SS Camaro is the most popular adrenaline collection vehicle with the base Camaro being the common standard sport option.
Old Nov 1, 2019, 1:45 pm

Originally Posted by tb17
All of the adrenaline cars have a V8. Personally I think it's worth the price difference over the regular "standard sport". The adrenaline class is always very well equipped, whereas the base Camaro is pretty bare bones. In terms of what you're likely to get when you book, there are other threads that discuss this more in depth. You're definitely not guaranteed a mustang in either category. In my experience here in the Midwest the SS Camaro is the most popular adrenaline collection vehicle with the base Camaro being the common standard sport option.
Thanks - adrenaline it is.
Old Nov 2, 2019, 5:32 am
Original Poster

Only sure way to get a V8 is the adrenaline collection or some of the big Tahoe's or similar.
Used the AC for 7 years, never always got what you specified, but now you cannot specify a specific model, but you will get either a Mustang GT Camaro SS or Challenger RT
Had a new GT a few weeks back, had a few toys, line lock was great fun Was a 2019 model with 450 bhp and the new 10 speed auto box
Old Jan 7, 2020, 10:11 pm

Programs: Hertz Gold Plus
Oh ya

Oh ya, it's definitely worth it : )
Old Feb 11, 2020, 2:54 am

Originally Posted by Deltaair3
Oh ya, it's definitely worth it : )
thanks!
Old Feb 11, 2020, 1:08 pm

Programs: Hertz Gold Plus
V8

thanks!
If you get the standard class you'll get either a 4 banger or a 6 cylinder car which defeats the purpose of getting a camaro/challenger/mustang The car I just dropped off was a 455 HP, 455 lb ft of torque V8 bad ... endlessly fun to drive camaro. Just make sure you put premium gasoline in it. In most cars it doesn't matter but let the first tank almost empty all the way out then fill with the highest octane you can get and hang on to your a** or you'll leave it behind
Firstboss and strickerj like this.
Old Sep 22, 2020, 8:21 pm

I hope I'm wrong but it looks like Hertz no longer has any hard top V8 adrenaline collection cars. I have tried getting one in several large airport locations but theres nothing. Looks like there may still be some convertibles but they are a different category and always over priced.
Old Sep 23, 2020, 12:31 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by FlyingHighlander
I hope I'm wrong but it looks like Hertz no longer has any hard top V8 adrenaline collection cars. I have tried getting one in several large airport locations but theres nothing. Looks like there may still be some convertibles but they are a different category and always over priced.
Still available at LAX under Elite Sports Car (Group V4)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.