Hertz Adrenaline Collection Problems

Old Nov 22, 18, 2:06 am
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Bedford, United Kingdom
Posts: 27
Hertz Adrenaline Collection Problems

Recently rented a Challenger RT from the Adrenaline Collection, and actually got a nice new but dirty vehicle. I had qualified for a FREE WiFi Hotspot kit, but they tried to add $400 to my rental agreement which included hiking the price on my email confirmation. After much discussion and grief, was told that $100 deposit was required, so I asked why are you adding $400?
In the end I had to tell them to remove the unit and just charge my original price as had already wasted some time at the desk.

Only reason for using Hertz is I'm a car guy, and have to have a V8, so recently booked a Camaro SS convertible for September 2019, model guaranteed.
Just checked my booking online, and now says 'Or Similar'
Seems the Adrenaline collection are all now 'Or Similar', so as I have a email with 'Model guaranteed' I'm expecting more hassle at the desk yet again next year, and wonder if I will get my FREE WiFi kit too?
Mustang GT is gone too?

FYI does everyone monitor prices and rebook if cheaper? This year Challenger started at $1500 for 16 days, rebooked FIVE times as it got cheaper in the preceeding months and actually paid $908.

Next years booking started at $1550 for 16 days, already rebooked at $1195
John D Myers is offline  
Old Nov 22, 18, 10:24 am
  #2  
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: YYZ
Programs: National EE
Posts: 337
Definitely keep an eye on your Adrenaline booking and the fleet as the date approaches. I had booked a regular Corvette convertible earlier in the year out of LAX and it appears this vehicle has disappeared from their fleet. When viewing the reservation online it now just shows a blank page without even the price. Also it appears the Camaro SS convertibles may have disappeared as they aren't bookable for any dates going forward either. Hopefully Hertz gets some new ones in their fleet to replace all the ones sent back.
turbov6 is offline  
Old Nov 26, 18, 8:48 am
  #3  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Bedford, United Kingdom
Posts: 27
Used the Adrenaline collection 6 times now, only got the 'model guaranteed' 4 times out of the 6, but always been a V8 muscle car. Corvette no good for us on a roadtrip with luggage
John D Myers is offline  
Old Nov 26, 18, 10:45 pm
  #4  
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: London
Programs: HertzPresCircle, Virgin Atlantic Gold,Hil-Diam, Europcar Elite Vip, Emirates Gold, MarriottTitanium.
Posts: 250
Originally Posted by turbov6 View Post
Definitely keep an eye on your Adrenaline booking and the fleet as the date approaches. I had booked a regular Corvette convertible earlier in the year out of LAX and it appears this vehicle has disappeared from their fleet. When viewing the reservation online it now just shows a blank page without even the price. Also it appears the Camaro SS convertibles may have disappeared as they aren't bookable for any dates going forward either. Hopefully Hertz gets some new ones in their fleet to replace all the ones sent back.
Same.. Had a mustang booked (DFW) and also dissapeared with a blank page. Was able to cancel tho and get all money refunded even tho it didn't state the price anymore in the booking.
itisme is offline  
Old Jan 31, 19, 10:02 pm
  #5  
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 149
Have also had a booking's details disappear for a May 2018 reservation for the Camaro SS convertible.
From my knowledge Hertz doesn't have 2018 Camaro SS's (hardtop or convertible) in their fleet anymore, must not have had favorable terms with GM or they couldn't agree on a contract for whatever reason.

I was also ticked off that my "exact model guaranteed" did not turn out back then in May 2018, but they substituted with a Mustang GT vert.

What's weird is Hertz keeps the "Camaro SS convertible (or similar)" as the namesake of that class, they could easily change it to "Mustang GT convertible" which would be more honest.

Anyone been able to negotiate a switch to a Corvette Stingray from a "Camaro SS convertible"? Figure it's the same engine, and a convertible reservation has a high value.
glostix is offline  
Old Oct 31, 19, 2:08 pm
  #6  
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Dublin
Programs: Aer Lingus
Posts: 276
Hi there - can i ask, do all the adrenaline collection vehicles have a V8? I'm looking at renting the RSAR group category and wondering if it's worth it over the standard Mustang / Mustang Covertible groups. Also, do they generally have higher spec than the standard Mustang / Convertible groups? TIA
ferg01 is offline  
Old Oct 31, 19, 11:21 pm
  #7  
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Programs: Hertz PC
Posts: 28
Originally Posted by ferg01 View Post
Hi there - can i ask, do all the adrenaline collection vehicles have a V8? I'm looking at renting the RSAR group category and wondering if it's worth it over the standard Mustang / Mustang Covertible groups. Also, do they generally have higher spec than the standard Mustang / Convertible groups? TIA
All of the adrenaline cars have a V8. Personally I think it's worth the price difference over the regular "standard sport". The adrenaline class is always very well equipped, whereas the base Camaro is pretty bare bones. In terms of what you're likely to get when you book, there are other threads that discuss this more in depth. You're definitely not guaranteed a mustang in either category. In my experience here in the Midwest the SS Camaro is the most popular adrenaline collection vehicle with the base Camaro being the common standard sport option.
tb17 is offline  
Old Nov 1, 19, 1:45 pm
  #8  
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Dublin
Programs: Aer Lingus
Posts: 276
Originally Posted by tb17 View Post
All of the adrenaline cars have a V8. Personally I think it's worth the price difference over the regular "standard sport". The adrenaline class is always very well equipped, whereas the base Camaro is pretty bare bones. In terms of what you're likely to get when you book, there are other threads that discuss this more in depth. You're definitely not guaranteed a mustang in either category. In my experience here in the Midwest the SS Camaro is the most popular adrenaline collection vehicle with the base Camaro being the common standard sport option.
Thanks - adrenaline it is.
ferg01 is offline  
Old Nov 2, 19, 5:32 am
  #9  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Bedford, United Kingdom
Posts: 27
Only sure way to get a V8 is the adrenaline collection or some of the big Tahoe's or similar.
Used the AC for 7 years, never always got what you specified, but now you cannot specify a specific model, but you will get either a Mustang GT Camaro SS or Challenger RT
Had a new GT a few weeks back, had a few toys, line lock was great fun Was a 2019 model with 450 bhp and the new 10 speed auto box
John D Myers is offline  
Old Jan 7, 20, 10:11 pm
  #10  
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Programs: Hertz Gold Plus
Posts: 2
Oh ya

Originally Posted by ferg01 View Post
Hi there - can i ask, do all the adrenaline collection vehicles have a V8? I'm looking at renting the RSAR group category and wondering if it's worth it over the standard Mustang / Mustang Covertible groups. Also, do they generally have higher spec than the standard Mustang / Convertible groups? TIA

Oh ya, it's definitely worth it : )
Deltaair3 is offline  
Old Feb 11, 20, 2:54 am
  #11  
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Dublin
Programs: Aer Lingus
Posts: 276
Originally Posted by Deltaair3 View Post
Oh ya, it's definitely worth it : )
thanks!
ferg01 is offline  
Old Feb 11, 20, 1:08 pm
  #12  
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Programs: Hertz Gold Plus
Posts: 2
V8

Originally Posted by ferg01 View Post
thanks!
If you get the standard class you'll get either a 4 banger or a 6 cylinder car which defeats the purpose of getting a camaro/challenger/mustang The car I just dropped off was a 455 HP, 455 lb ft of torque V8 bad ... endlessly fun to drive camaro. Just make sure you put premium gasoline in it. In most cars it doesn't matter but let the first tank almost empty all the way out then fill with the highest octane you can get and hang on to your a** or you'll leave it behind
Firstboss and strickerj like this.
Deltaair3 is offline  
Old Yesterday, 8:21 pm
  #13  
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Programs: UA Platinum; Hilton Diamond; Hertz PC; Global Entry; TSA Pre✓
Posts: 940
I hope I'm wrong but it looks like Hertz no longer has any hard top V8 adrenaline collection cars. I have tried getting one in several large airport locations but theres nothing. Looks like there may still be some convertibles but they are a different category and always over priced.
FlyingHighlander is online now  
Old Today, 12:31 am
  #14  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Bedford, United Kingdom
Posts: 27
Originally Posted by FlyingHighlander View Post
I hope I'm wrong but it looks like Hertz no longer has any hard top V8 adrenaline collection cars. I have tried getting one in several large airport locations but theres nothing. Looks like there may still be some convertibles but they are a different category and always over priced.
Still available at LAX under Elite Sports Car (Group V4)
John D Myers is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: