Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Adding Gold number at desk

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2018, 6:29 am
Original Poster

Adding Gold number at desk

First let me say that I booked a car through @AutoSlash and the prepaid rates were significantly lower then anywhere else. The only issue is that my gold # cant be added to the reservation. Has anybody had a similar situation and had success adding it at the rental counter?
Old Oct 7, 2018, 11:41 am

if the rate includes LDW it’s most likely booked on one of the european sites or similar (i.e. Hertz India webpage) and you would need to call the Hertz International line and not the one for North American locations.

Originally Posted by vandals04
First let me say that I booked a car through @AutoSlash and the prepaid rates were significantly lower then anywhere else. The only issue is that my gold # cant be added to the reservation. Has anybody had a similar situation and had success adding it at the rental counter?
Old Oct 8, 2018, 5:51 am
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

It's not an international-included LDW type reservation. It's a special leisure rate that doesn't support the addition of a Gold# at the time of booking. We've had some reports of people being able to add their Gold# at the counter upon arrival, but YMMV. Sorry we can't give you a more definitive answer here.

It's worth noting that when booking our prepaid rates and choosing National, you can skip the counter and have them associate your Emerald Club member number at the exit booth. National works better than Hertz in this regard since they associate your Emerald Club member number with your driver's license and the agent at the exit can handle the transaction seamlessly which means being able to choose your own vehicle and avoid stopping at the counter. National is unique in this regard (Avis is like Hertz in terms of having to stop at the counter).
vandals04 and hi55us like this.
Old Oct 8, 2018, 9:37 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by AutoSlash
It's not an international-included LDW type reservation. It's a special leisure rate that doesn't support the addition of a Gold# at the time of booking. We've had some reports of people being able to add their Gold# at the counter upon arrival, but YMMV. Sorry we can't give you a more definitive answer here.

It's worth noting that when booking our prepaid rates and choosing National, you can skip the counter and have them associate your Emerald Club member number at the exit booth. National works better than Hertz in this regard since they associate your Emerald Club member number with your driver's license and the agent at the exit can handle the transaction seamlessly which means being able to choose your own vehicle and avoid stopping at the counter. National is unique in this regard (Avis is like Hertz in terms of having to stop at the counter).
Mainly I was curious if anyone had first hand experience. Didn't know if it was something I should push for or don't bother. I'll be sure to let you know how it goes for me.
Old Dec 26, 2018, 9:07 pm
Original Poster

Just an update I was able to add my gold # at the desk. Based on my experience I would say this was YMMV.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.