Community
Wiki Posts
Search

App less than website

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2018, 12:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: National Exec, Hertz PC, Avis PC, Sixt Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Wyndham Diamond, TR Diamond
App less than website

I have noticed the Hertz App is showing a rate 40.00 less than on the website. Everything appears identical, is this normal or maybe fluke?

Never used Hertz but have PC so I figured I’ll try it out since they are less expensive.
Old Sep 15, 2018, 12:51 pm
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

If you have one or more default discount codes loaded on your Hertz profile the default one will generally get applied when booking via the app. This may be the reason for the discrepancy.
Old Sep 15, 2018, 12:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: National Exec, Hertz PC, Avis PC, Sixt Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Wyndham Diamond, TR Diamond
Using the Platinum CDP on both web and app.
Old Sep 15, 2018, 3:50 pm

We've never seen a difference. It would be an interesting exercise to book both and take a screenshot of the final breakdown for each to see why there was a discrepancy.
Old Sep 15, 2018, 6:56 pm
Original Poster

The first one booked on app the second on the website. Both are Pickup Time
Sat, Oct 13, 2018 at 10:00 PMReturn Time
Sat, Oct 20, 2018 at 10:00 PMDiscounts
CDP: PLATINUM CARD FROM AMEX

Last edited by xfire22; Sep 15, 2018 at 7:04 pm
Old Sep 16, 2018, 1:28 am

I see different rate codes in each screenshot. Not really sure what it means though.
Old Sep 16, 2018, 11:50 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by m907
I see different rate codes in each screenshot. Not really sure what it means though.
You're right, the rate code is different. However, I don't put in a RQ# when booking as it is left blank maybe this is a special RQ# for mobile booking?
Old Dec 8, 2018, 7:57 am

Just encountered this myself.
App rates are lower by about $10/day, and very interestingly, just won't apply PC 204479 which is the latest sale code (1 day free with 3 day rental).
@AutoSlash any insight on this?
I'm signed in on both devices, and my app shows the right country (US).
Pretty annoyed since website quotes E6 as $849/day, while the app had it as $43/day but with a $50 drop off fee (it's a one-way rental).
Old Dec 8, 2018, 10:26 am

Originally Posted by klanfa
Just encountered this myself.
App rates are lower by about $10/day, and very interestingly, just won't apply PC 204479 which is the latest sale code (1 day free with 3 day rental).
@AutoSlash any insight on this?
I'm signed in on both devices, and my app shows the right country (US).
Pretty annoyed since website quotes E6 as $849/day, while the app had it as $43/day but with a $50 drop off fee (it's a one-way rental).
Hard to comment without knowing dates/times/location(s). Note that 204479 is a coupon specifically for AAA members so you'd need to be using a AAA CDP in order to use that (or at least that's how it's supposed to work).
Old Dec 8, 2018, 12:01 pm

Programs: National EE, Hertz PC
I had this phenomenon occur to me this past month on a monthly rental. Website was showing 1 month at $X whereas the app was showing 4 weeks at $Y and 3 days at $Z, which were less than $X by about $200 total. The rate code was funny too, had never seen it before.
Old Dec 8, 2018, 12:46 pm

Originally Posted by AutoSlash
Hard to comment without knowing dates/times/location(s). Note that 204479 is a coupon specifically for AAA members so you'd need to be using a AAA CDP in order to use that (or at least that's how it's supposed to work).
That's what I did - exact same search, logged in both times, AAA CDP. Seams like it's "fixed" now with both the website and the app showing the higher rate.
Old Dec 8, 2018, 1:48 pm

I have noticed that a certain small % of the time I'll get prices that do not include the CDP I selected (it's easy to spot with my corporate CDP as we have fixed rates). Sometimes I have to resubmit a few times to get the correct rates. I've only seen this in the website, not the app. Maybe that's what was happening here?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.