Qualifying Rental definition

Old Sep 11, 2018, 8:07 am
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
Qualifying Rental definition

At the beginning of this year, I started to credit my points to Delta since I was getting a great amount of miles per rental and found it more advantageous to use them for domestic award travel than free car rentals. I just passed the 15 rentals / year mark and was expecting to receive the President's circle bonus points for 15 qualifying rentals. However, a Hertz agent said that since I credited all the rentals to Delta, I do not get the bonus points because these were not "Qualifying Rentals". Was the agent right?
Old Sep 11, 2018, 10:18 am

Programs: National EE, Hertz PC
Just a thought - did you get the equivalent of 675 Hertz GPR points in SkyMiles for the 15th rental?
Old Sep 11, 2018, 11:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by jim32190
Just a thought - did you get the equivalent of 675 Hertz GPR points in SkyMiles for the 15th rental?
No, I did not.
Old Sep 12, 2018, 5:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SDQBound
...........I just passed the 15 rentals / year mark and was expecting to receive the President's circle bonus points for 15 qualifying rentals. However, a Hertz agent said that since I credited all the rentals to Delta, I do not get the bonus points because these were not "Qualifying Rentals". Was the agent right?
No personal experience but it sounds reasonable to me. If I fly DL but credit my miles to partner airlines, I cannot expect to receive DL promo bonus miles.
Old Sep 13, 2018, 6:01 am
Original Poster

C
Originally Posted by TerryK
No personal experience but it sounds reasonable to me. If I fly DL but credit my miles to partner airlines, I cannot expect to receive DL promo bonus miles.
But in that case, you will not earn qualifying segments either.

Hertz doesnt say credit 20,000 points and get a bonus. They still keep track of how many rentals per year I have (17 already as shown on my profile) and one of the benefits is the bonus points after 15 qualifying rentals. The term qualifying rental is not defined on their site.

Im moving on with this, but still wanted to know if someone knew the actual policy since my personal experience with Hertz agents is rather negative when it comes to interpreting rules.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.