Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hertz increases my price without warnings!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2018, 11:22 am
Original Poster

Angry Hertz increases my price without warnings!

Hello, I made a reservation in December 2017 for September 2018. I checked the booking on my gold account on August 16 and everything was good. Today I went to the account to print my reservation and found that it has increased by almost $ 300. I did not have an email! I have to take the car in 10 days and I do not know what to do. While looking well it is not the price of the hiring which has increased but it is the reduction code which the customer service gave me which does not give the same discount. Is this normal? Thank you for helping me.
Old Aug 30, 2018, 1:06 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
Is this a leisure or corporate rental?
Corporate rates (CDPs) do change.
Who gave you the "reduction rate" which I suspect is a CDP?
Old Aug 30, 2018, 1:17 pm
Original Poster

Hi, it's a leisure. It's a GENERIC CDP -20% that a Hertz vendor give me for a good price (because Avis rates was better).
Old Aug 30, 2018, 5:27 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by arnaudb
Hi, it's a leisure. It's a GENERIC CDP -20% that a Hertz vendor give me for a good price (because Avis rates was better).
If it is a CDP that you are entitled to use *and* the confirmation for the booking states that the rate is guaranteed, then contact Hertz customeer relations and get it adjusted back
Old Aug 30, 2018, 6:26 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
What does this mean? Did you buy the coupon? What is a vendor in this context?
Old Aug 30, 2018, 7:10 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Dave Noble
If it is a CDP that you are entitled to use *and* the confirmation for the booking states that the rate is guaranteed, then contact Hertz customeer relations and get it adjusted back
Where can i find the "rate guaranteed" mention ?

Originally Posted by Often1
What does this mean? Did you buy the coupon? What is a vendor in this context?
Vendor is Hertz booking operator at phone.

I've found. On the booking confirmation from december 2017, it's writing Rate guaranteed ! But now, when i print the booking confirmation, it's not saying guaranteed anymore.

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Aug 30, 2018 at 8:05 pm Reason: consecutive posts merged
Old Aug 30, 2018, 11:11 pm

Since you have a confirmation email that says that the rate is guaranteed - with a valid use of CDP, I would be contacting customer relations to try and get the rate reverted back
Old Aug 31, 2018, 5:56 am
Original Poster

Since you have a confirmation email that says that the rate is guaranteed - with a valid use of CDP, I would be contacting customer relations to try and get the rate reverted back
I've talk with customer relations and say that de CDP is invalid. They've stop this discount CDP.

Now, i've found this one , is it a legal CDP that every one can use ? Travel Partners Club CDP706900 CDP
Old Aug 31, 2018, 6:41 am

Rather than just trying to search for CDP numbers on the internet , try sticking to ones that are made available generally such as ones offered to members of frequent flyer programmes

If you have to ask whether you can use a CDP code, the answer can probably be deduced
Old Aug 31, 2018, 9:38 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Now, i've found this one , is it a legal CDP that every one can use ? Travel Partners Club CDP706900 CDP
This CDP has been discussed multiple times here (hint: search!). Unless you work in the travel industry then no, you are not eligible to use it.
arnaudb and Auto Enthusiast like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.