Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How to get removed from DNR

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2018, 12:54 pm

Thank you for reporting back with the outcome, that's what makes these threads useful for other people.
jackal, SDQBound, trooper and 2 others like this.
Old Aug 29, 2018, 1:00 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Originally Posted by ShinyO
They definitely had a record of the parking violation. I figured there was no point in raising the issue of the precipitating event because that would only serve to complicate things and probably take up way too much time for $107.
All handled well. They are essentially a coordinator for collections agencies and definitely not the people to speak with about whether the ticket was valid or not. I can't be certain of what the Hertz contract said back when this occurred, but suspect that it was roughly the same. If you want to fight a ticket, you must do it with the issuing agency within its timelines. Once the ticket makes its way to Hertz as the registered owner, Hertz simply pays the ticket and you owe Hertz the money.

None of this worth fighting about after this long.
Old Aug 29, 2018, 3:03 pm
Moderator, Hertz; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1MM, BA GGL, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond and others
Very good news!
Is there a way to get a printed/PDF confirmation that you are off the DNR list? Just so you have it for your records.
SoroSuub1 likes this.
Old Aug 29, 2018, 3:38 pm
Original Poster

I did ask for written confirmation with a confirmation code, but they said they don't give that out. I did get written confirmation e-mailed to me with a code that says I paid the amount owing. I guess next time I travel I'll have to try booking Hertz and a back-up with another agency to see if Hertz clears me to rent at the counter.
Old Aug 29, 2018, 4:30 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
You can just try to make a reservation and call customer service to see if there is any flag on the reservation.
Old Sep 2, 2018, 9:01 pm

Programs: Hertz PC
That collection agency they have you call is actually in house. Hertz just dont want to seem like the bad guy when they go after people with large amounts due to wrecks and damages to their cars when a customer does not have coverage.
Old Jan 5, 2019, 4:32 pm

Programs: AA EXP BA Gold, TK Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AS 100K, QR PLT, SAS Gold, IHG Spire, AMR
If you are on the DNR rent list, you can still book and rent as a guest. You obviously won't have any status
Old Jan 5, 2019, 4:36 pm

Programs: Hertz PC, National Executive Elite, Marriott Platinum, Chase Sapphire Reserve, HH Diamond
DNR list by definition means you are not allowed to rent from then, regardless of being a guest.
Old Apr 13, 2019, 11:59 pm

Programs: CO Platinum, Hyatt Platinum
On Hertz DNR List - Any way to appeal

Started renting from Hertz 6 months ago after received a Presidents Circle offer via United. Problem was, that their rates were "too damn high". So I asked around for some discount codes, foolishly without doing any research into their T&C's. I rent approximately twice a week and have started to enjoy Hertz (good car selection, good rewards program, convenient locations ). Turns out they threw me on the (permanent) DNR list. I plan to be honest with them and try to get my account restored. Question is A) if there is anyone to speak with and plead my case B) If they actually have a legal right to take my points (did a lot of research on their T&C's and couldn't find anything that says they can just delete my points)

Appreciate all advice.
Old Apr 14, 2019, 1:17 am

Why exactly were you put on the DNR? Using a CDP you weren't supposed to use?

Of course they have the legal right to revoke your points. It's a Hertz program offering imaginary Hertz points. It's not real money and they're a private company.
Old Apr 14, 2019, 1:36 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

If you were using corporate codes for which you had no authority to use, that seems something where you would be lucky to get the ability to rent restored. Even if you do, I would be very surprised if you got points back which you earned on use of unauthorised codes

If its rates are too high, why would you want to use it for rentals?
Old Apr 14, 2019, 11:41 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA PlatPro, Hilton DM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC, National EE
I don't know of a way around it. If/when you get a new DL from moving or something then re-apply.
Old Apr 15, 2019, 9:15 pm
Original Poster

Finally got around to renting with Hertz the other week. No issues. So I guess that’s confirmation I was indeed taken off the DNR list.
Old Jul 1, 2019, 3:32 pm

Hertz DNR

Call the dedicated # 405-775-3091
Have Driver License # from state your DL was in at time of infraction.
Call with that info, they will tell you how much you owe Hertz.
Pay the bill.
Now you are off DNR. That simple.
Old Jul 17, 2019, 12:25 pm

Hertz permanent do not rent

Does anybody know how to get off the permanent do not rent list for Hertz

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.