Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How to get removed from DNR

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2018, 10:57 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by Dave Noble
indeed - but there is no reason to worry about the idea of "administrative fees"
Well chances are they'd calculate some sort of compounded interest amount and ask for a ridiculously high payment to settle - bit again unlikely there'd be a legal claim and one could then choose to just leave it be or settle
Old Aug 26, 2018, 11:25 pm
Original Poster

Seems perverse that they’d launch some kind of legal claim just because I contacted them to settle it, when they haven’t launched one previously - especially given we’re talking about a parking ticket. I’d expect some administrative penalties and fees but I’d hope they’d be realistic about it if they are interested in having me as a customer again. Maybe they aren’t - and then so be it.
Old Aug 27, 2018, 7:15 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Regardless. It makes sense for OP to call in and learn the number. That will inform the future. If it's $30, why not pay it and be done with the potential nuisance. If it's $3K, forget it.
Old Aug 27, 2018, 1:29 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I suspect that the company is not going to say give us $x and you can rent again but more likely that it will say that it will not consider it whilst there is an outstanding amount

If you do think that you will have a need to rent from Hertz, best thing to do is call and see whatit has to say
Old Aug 27, 2018, 5:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by ShinyO
Seems perverse that they’d launch some kind of legal claim just because I contacted them to settle it, when they haven’t launched one previously - especially given we’re talking about a parking ticket. I’d expect some administrative penalties and fees but I’d hope they’d be realistic about it if they are interested in having me as a customer again. Maybe they aren’t - and then so be it.
It is up to you how to deal with Hertz. But since the matter is clear - Hertz can no longer hold a legal claim and your purpose is to get off the DNR list, I would not pay a cent to Hertz unless Hertz will agree this in writing that I could be off from the list.
Old Aug 27, 2018, 8:29 pm

Originally Posted by garykung
It is up to you how to deal with Hertz. But since the matter is clear - Hertz can no longer hold a legal claim and your purpose is to get off the DNR list, I would not pay a cent to Hertz unless Hertz will agree this in writing that I could be off from the list.
Trouble with this sort of demand is that it is the OP that wants to be removed from the DNR list, not that Hertz is trying to get the OP back as a customer
Often1 and m907 like this.
Old Aug 28, 2018, 12:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by Dave Noble
Trouble with this sort of demand is that it is the OP that wants to be removed from the DNR list, not that Hertz is trying to get the OP back as a customer
Then I would simply say forget it...
Old Aug 28, 2018, 3:30 am
Original Poster

Well I’m not desperate to return to Hertz it’s more that it seems good to be in good standing with all the companies I may have to deal with when I travel. I have no idea how lucrative I am as a customer. I rent cars maybe 10 times a year for work as little as two days and as long as one week at a time. And maybe 2-3 times a year for leisure travel. So not a huge spender.
Old Aug 28, 2018, 2:04 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National Exec
Why not find out if you're still on the DNR list? Next time you're renting a car for work, if you're in a situation where you have an hour or so at pickup, book a Hertz reservation and a National/Avis reservation. Pick up the Hertz reservation. If they deny it to you, then go to your backup.
Old Aug 28, 2018, 2:14 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
You can also call the DNR number and ask whether you're on the DNR list.
Often1 likes this.
Old Aug 28, 2018, 2:35 pm
Original Poster

Should be done with this crazy work project by tomorrow and can then spend some time on the phone to find out the process.

I was on the DNR list as of May 2016 when DH booked a car through Thrifty and then tried to add me as a secondary driver. (There are times when it actually works out to be on the DNR list, since hubby ended up having to do all the driving. )
Auto Enthusiast and wrp96 like this.
Old Aug 28, 2018, 4:07 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
People on FT tend to over-complicate things. Hertz is not likely to sue you, send a hitman or do something else horrible to you because you call and ask. Once you have the facts, you can decide whether to make it right or not.

Hertz could likely care less whether you do so or not.

But, from the individual perspective it's always better to get this stuff behind you. One never knows when one is stuck somewhere and the only good price is with Hertz or you wind up in a great job at a company with a deal at Hertz.
Old Aug 29, 2018, 11:45 am
Original Poster

Update:

I called the number posted by @bhunt which is still the valid contact number for Hertz DNR. They transferred me to a company called Verra Mobility to pay the outstanding fees. The total was $107, so a lot more than the $30 but not outrageous given how long it's been. I paid it, got a confirmation number and called the Hertz DNR number back.

I am now officially off the Hertz DNR list!
Old Aug 29, 2018, 11:54 am

Way to go! And good for you for owning up to how things went down and resolving it with Hertz!
ShinyO likes this.
Old Aug 29, 2018, 12:49 pm
Original Poster

They definitely had a record of the parking violation. I figured there was no point in raising the issue of the precipitating event because that would only serve to complicate things and probably take up way too much time for $107.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.