Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

#HertzSuperStart - NEW Hertz Wi-Fi device - MCO

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2018, 5:45 am
Original Poster

I recently made a reservation at Hertz MCO and there was a banner on the website showing #HertzSuperStart presents Free Mobile Wi-Fi but I am getting conflicting information as to whether it is available at MCO or not. I have an email for Hertz MCO but my emails are being returned.

This link says it is - https://www.hertz.com/rentacar/renta...rtz-connect-uk

Does anyone here know if this is available at MCO?
Old Jul 24, 2018, 7:35 am

Nope.
From the offer description:
To get this amazing offer, simply begin your booking now. If you’re not a member, join Gold Plus Rewards for free. Spend over $250 / €250 / Ł250 and you’ll get your FREE device at the time of your European car rental pick up. Be sure to click on Hertz Connect in the Optional Extras page of the reservation process.

Enjoy a #HertzSuperStart today – book direct.
Old Jul 24, 2018, 9:39 am
Original Poster

I have to admit that that is pretty clear cut - which is more than I can say for the Hertz website, luckily I took 2 screenshots of that web page and I (hopefully) have attached them- it is it the one I am seeing now

(Sorry, struggling to attach screenshots!)

Not sure why the screenshots aren't working but I have found the page again and here is the text of it -

#HertzSuperStart presents

Unlimited Free Mobile Wi-Fi with the NEW Hertz device.

Strange roads. Spotty cell service. Roaming fees. When navigating new territory, you can’t rely on smartphones alone. That’s why we offer our Hertz Wi-Fi device and hotspot that helps you stay connected—on and off the road – for FREE.

Hertz Wi-Fi provides:

Complimentary Portable Secure Wi-Fi
Unlimited Data and 4G hotspot
Voice-activated, multi-lingual GPS navigation
International and domestic calls and texts
Robust language translator with over 70 languages
Special discount offers
No roaming fees

So now, thanks to the NEW Hertz Wi-Fi device, you can enjoy complimentary Wi-Fi when you meet the minimum prepaid booking total of Ł350, or $500 if you pay at location. To get yours, begin your booking here and you’ll get your FREE Hertz Wi-Fi device when you pick up your car at select United States airports, for locations details see below.

Enjoy a #HertzSuperStart today – book direct

Terms & Conditions:

Free Wi-Fi Promotion is only available through online booking from UK and cannot be combined with any existing PC offers when traveling to United States. This offer can be combined with other CDP discounts applicable in the United States, at participating locations
Free Wi-Fi service via the Hertz Travel Tab portable device is available for the duration of the rental at participating locations.
Pick-up their qualifying Hertz car rental from any of the 25 participating United States locations: Orlando (MCO), Los Angeles (LAX), San Francisco (SFO), Miami (MIA), Boston (BOS), Tampa (TPA), Las Vegas (LAS), Houston (IAH), Chicago (ORD), Washington DC Pool (DCA, IAD), Denver (DEN), Atlanta (ATL), Phoenix (PHX), Ft Lauderdale (FLL), Ft Myers (RSW), New York JFK – LaGuardia (LGA), Dallas (DFW), Seattle (SEA), Newark (EWR), San Diego (SAN), Detroit (DTW), Charlotte (CLT), Philadelphia (PHL), Austin (AUS), San Jose (SJC)
You will be charged by Hertz if the device is lost or damaged. Click here to learn more about the device. The following charges will apply in the event of:
Total loss of the device and its accessories: $230
Total loss of GPS unit: $200
Car Charger: $5
Wall Charger/Cable: $7
Carrying Case: $10
Dashboard Mount (Bean Bag) & Arm: $8
Spend more than $US 500 when paying later, or Ł350 if prepaying on the car rental and extras to automatically have Free Wi-Fi added.
There are no restrictions on length of rental.
Promotion is available to both non-members and members Hertz Gold Plus Rewards® members (Hertz Gold, Hertz Gold Five Star and Hertz President’s Circle). Those customers who are not enrolled into Hertz Gold Plus Rewards loyalty programme can become eligible by enrolling for free today.
All rentals will be subject to Hertz’s standard Gold terms and conditions applicable in the country of rental. In addition, customers will need to return the device at the end of the rental.

Term and Conditions – Cancellations:

You can cancel your reservation online through the View/Modify/Cancel button or through Contact Us on our web site.
If you made a pre-paid reservation and cancel no later than midnight two days before the date of your scheduled pick-up we will refund your reservation in full. An administration charge of Ł30 (or local equivalent - see 'PRE-PAID ONLINE CANCELLATION AND NO SHOW CHARGES') will apply if the cancellation is made after this time and will be taken from the credit card you used to make your booking.

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Jul 25, 2018 at 4:04 am Reason: consecutive posts merged
Old Jul 24, 2018, 9:43 am

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National Exec
The site I see (as a US renter) is here: https://www.hertz.com/rentacar/renta...-hertz-connect

"#HertzSuperStart presents Free Mobile Wi-Fi with the NEW Hertz Connect device for Gold Plus Rewards members who rent in Belgium, France, Germany, Italy, Netherlands, Spain, and the United Kingdom. "
m907 likes this.
Old Jul 24, 2018, 10:39 am
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

Yes, this is available and is included assuming you make a prepaid reservation via the Hertz UK site that is at least Ł350 or $500 if you pay at the location and you are logged in as a Gold member. Unless you meet all of these conditions, all bets are off.
Old Jul 24, 2018, 11:51 am
Original Poster

Thank You - those conditions are all met!
Old Jul 24, 2018, 11:24 pm

ThIs scheme baffles me.
The advert says - If you're worried about "Spotty cell service", well I don't see how this device will help.
The hertz wifi device relies on exactly the same comms masts as your mobile phone, so if you're in an area with poor 4G coverage (and there are huge parts of the UK where that is true) then the hertz device won't help.
Furthermore. The target marketing is way off. It's getting strongly promoted in the UK to European customers. As all European phones can roam across the whole EU at no additional charge, there's no point getting an additional device. The only target market that seems to makes sense is for customers from a different continent, so don't get free roaming.
Old Jul 25, 2018, 3:00 am

Originally Posted by rcspeirs
The only target market that seems to makes sense is for customers from a different continent, so don't get free roaming.
My guess is that's exactly what they're going for.
Old Jul 26, 2018, 4:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by rcspeirs
ThIs scheme baffles me.
The advert says - If you're worried about "Spotty cell service", well I don't see how this device will help.
The hertz wifi device relies on exactly the same comms masts as your mobile phone, so if you're in an area with poor 4G coverage (and there are huge parts of the UK where that is true) then the hertz device won't help.
Furthermore. The target marketing is way off. It's getting strongly promoted in the UK to European customers. As all European phones can roam across the whole EU at no additional charge, there's no point getting an additional device. The only target market that seems to makes sense is for customers from a different continent, so don't get free roaming.
Maybe they're prepping for Brexit?
Auto Enthusiast and strickerj like this.
Old Jul 26, 2018, 4:55 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National Exec
Originally Posted by jackal
Maybe they're prepping for Brexit?
In that case, they'd be offering jerrycans of fuel, canned food, and antibiotics as part of the rental package.
jackal, rcspeirs and jimbobjamest like this.
Old Aug 5, 2019, 1:41 am

Programs: UA 1K3MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium , Hertz PC
Question Is this promo still available in summer 2019 ....

Originally Posted by klanfa
Nope.
From the offer description:
To get this amazing offer, simply begin your booking now. If you’re not a member, join Gold Plus Rewards for free. Spend over $250 / €250 / Ł250 and you’ll get your FREE device at the time of your European car rental pick up. Be sure to click on Hertz Connect in the Optional Extras page of the reservation process.

Enjoy a #HertzSuperStart today – book direct.
I enjoyed that on a couple of trips to France last year (2018) .. I just made a new reservation for France (gold plus rewards, over Eur250) but the Hertz Connect info is a bit confusing : "no price available" but when I click for "more details" there is a -VERY- expensive set of options (Eur 20+ per day) made available .. and if you add hertz connect to the reservation there is no change in the reservation cost displayed ...

anyone has any recent experience with Hertz Connect in France (summer 2019) ?

Thanks !

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.