FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hertz-gold-plus-rewards-423/)
-   -   Adding spouse and getting to garage at ORD (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hertz-gold-plus-rewards/1917297-adding-spouse-getting-garage-ord.html)

miadeals Jun 30, 2018 10:14 am

Adding spouse and getting to garage at ORD

I can add a free spouse but I never do because Im always alone and hate waiting, what is the process at ORD as a PC? Can I just do it at gate or LINES...

And at ORD, from Term 1 (AA) how do you get to hertz garage? Shuttle? Walk? Any tips? Got a wife/toddler in tow.

AutoSlash Jun 30, 2018 1:38 pm

No need to add a spouse as an additional driver if you're Gold. Spouses are always allowed to drive for free without being named on the rental contract. Same with employees if you're renting on a corporate CDP.

Will let someone more familiar with ORD to reply to your other question.

jim32190 Jun 30, 2018 2:26 pm

At ORD each car rental agency has its own lot, so each company drives their own shuttle buses. When you get out of T1, go to the outermost traffic lane and you'll see shuttle buses coming and going from different rental agencies.

Since you don't need your wife to be named on the contract, consider to let her wait with your child and baggage while you get the rental car, then drive back into T1 arrivals area and you can load up curbside.

miadeals Jun 30, 2018 4:58 pm

Originally Posted by jim32190 (Post 29924088)
At ORD each car rental agency has its own lot, so each company drives their own shuttle buses. When you get out of T1, go to the outermost traffic lane and you'll see shuttle buses coming and going from different rental agencies.

Since you don't need your wife to be named on the contract, consider to let her wait with your child and baggage while you get the rental car, then drive back into T1 arrivals area and you can load up curbside.

We are an insane carryon only family, but the kid does slow things down...how long does the shuttle take to Hertz? How long is the drive back? And when I get off the bus, where is the PC lot? Any other tips?

Dave Noble Jun 30, 2018 7:39 pm

Originally Posted by AutoSlash (Post 29923982)
No need to add a spouse as an additional driver if you're Gold. Spouses are always allowed to drive for free without being named on the rental contract.

That may be true in America, but it isn't always true - there are countries where each person has to be explicitly on the contract

jim32190 Jun 30, 2018 11:17 pm

Originally Posted by miadeals (Post 29924401)

We are an insane carryon only family, but the kid does slow things down...how long does the shuttle take to Hertz? How long is the drive back? And when I get off the bus, where is the PC lot? Any other tips?

If you are just taking carry ons then you should be fine taking the bus. Takes 10 mins. One stop for all customers at the Hertz lot. If your name is on the board and it says Pres Cir., go up the escalator to level 2 and choose the car you want.

Rare Jul 8, 2018 9:48 am

Originally Posted by miadeals (Post 29923494)
And at ORD, from Term 1 (AA) how do you get to hertz garage?

Minor correction, but could be significant if you’re not familiar with the airport: T1 is UA. AA is in T3.