Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Has anyone done after-hours dropoff at PIT?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2018, 1:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott LTT, WN A, Hertz PC

Actually it's early morning hours. Looking at taking a 5:45am flight out of PIT on a Monday a few weeks from now, and it says the facility opens at 6am. The site let me build the reservation so I should be ok but wondering if there are any nuances I should know about with the after-hours dropoff. I seem to remember walking from the rental car facility to the terminal so there's no need to worry about a shuttle.

Also what's the closest gas station around there that will be open around 4:45am?
Old Jun 19, 2018, 3:33 pm

Originally Posted by Marko123
Actually it's early morning hours. Looking at taking a 5:45am flight out of PIT on a Monday a few weeks from now, and it says the facility opens at 6am. The site let me build the reservation so I should be ok but wondering if there are any nuances I should know about with the after-hours dropoff. I seem to remember walking from the rental car facility to the terminal so there's no need to worry about a shuttle.

Also what's the closest gas station around there that will be open around 4:45am?
You can certainly drop it off any time, but it won't be scanned until 6:00 am so make sure that doesn't result in you being charged a late fee. Meaning, don't set your return time as 4:45 because it won't be scanned until 6 and you'll be charged a fee. I believe you're supposed to fill out a paper form and drop it with your key into a lockbox. Although you might be able to fill out one of the paper forms with the time and get Hertz customer service to waive the fee after the fact. Maybe AutoSlash can chime in on the best way to do it.

The rental facility is in the short term garage, a 100 ft walk from the terminal so no issues there. The on-site Sunoco at the airport should be open 24 hrs and there are surely some other gas stations around.
Old Jun 20, 2018, 7:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott LTT, WN A, Hertz PC
Thanks.
Old Jun 24, 2018, 2:32 am

I've dropped off early at PIT, you just pull it in line, I'm not sure if it was Hertz though, they all seemed to work the same there. Drop the key in the slot.

If you don't want to make the double loop for airport gas there's a 24 hour Sheetz at the Campbells Run Rd / Stubenville Pike / Route 60 exit that I always fill up at instead, a mile or two short of the airport, esp if you want some food/coffee/etc. They're the same price though so no worries.
Marko123 and m907 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.