Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Accident in Dollar/Hertz rental in FL, could use some help!

Old Jun 18, 18, 3:21 pm
Original Poster

I rented a car in South Florida, purchased both LDW & LIS, and unfortunately had an accident where I was found to be at fault. I didnít receive a ticket, and no injuries were reported at the scene, but the 3rd party claims injury the following day. Iím really just looking for some reassurance since Iíve never been in this situation before.

Provided Hertz determines I was not in violation of the contract while driving & that the damages do not exceed the limits of LDW/LIS, I have no responsibility for the car I was renting, nor the 3rd party car I hit, right?

Any insight or tips would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited by Clandestinex; Jun 18, 18 at 3:24 pm Reason: Grammar
Old Jun 18, 18, 3:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I wouldn't worry. From https://www.hertz.com.au/rentacar/pr...ctedAreYou.jsp

Originally Posted by Hertz
Liability Insurance Supplement (LIS) provides you with up to $1 million of increased protection should bodily injury and property damage claims be made against you by people injured in an accident. LIS safeguards your insurance policy and/or your personal assets for the first $1 million should such claims be made against you. LIS also provides uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage up to $1,000,000 per occurrence for combined bodily injury and/or property damage claims.
By having LDW and LIS , you are nicely covered
Old Jun 24, 18, 2:55 am

Yeah it sounds like you hit the jackpot, although I'm sure they'll try to find a way to get you to pay anyways. Good luck, let us know how it goes.

Oh, and down here, that "day after" stuff is because of the hoards of lawyers and fake doctors that can drain 10k immediately from any insurance company, its literally every other commercial on the radio.
strickerj likes this.
Old Jun 24, 18, 3:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by miadeals View Post
Yeah it sounds like you hit the jackpot, although I'm sure they'll try to find a way to get you to pay anyways. Good luck, let us know how it goes.
I dunno why - that is the purpose of it - have an accident and are covered - at the rates Hertz charges for LDW/LIS , I am sure it wont be crying too much at the odd payout

Originally Posted by miadeals View Post
Oh, and down here, that "day after" stuff is because of the hoards of lawyers and fake doctors that can drain 10k immediately from any insurance company, its literally every other commercial on the radio.
I have great trouble believing that it is literally every other commercial

( I figuratively want to kill people who misuse literally)