Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Renting at YYZ; What Kind of Cars to Expect?" Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Renting at YYZ; What Kind of Cars to Expect?" Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2018, 1:30 pm
Original Poster

Today T1

Gold
- Lots of base Kias and Toyotas

Five Star
- Some small SUVs and Sonata-type cars

PC
- Charger SXTs
- 300 Limiteds
- 2 Wrangler Sahara Unlimiteds
- ATS
- CTS 3.6 with 1,200km
- Rogue SV
- Durango GT
- Prius V brand new
- Kia Soul (??)

Nothing spectacular but getting a CTS or 300 on a midsize rate is fine by me.
Old Jul 8, 2018, 8:36 pm

Programs: National EE, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond, AC 50K
T1 July 8 at 10pm

Presidents circle:
Chrysler 300 (3)
Dodge Durango
Jeep Wrangler

Upgrade selection:
Exact same 3 challenger and chargers that were there Friday and Saturday

Now if only Hertz YYZ could get the charges correct as per the Resevation without having to followup with the corporate office to get them to fix it. It's pretty bad that no one at YYZ can fix things and they give you the brush off.
Old Jul 8, 2018, 9:39 pm

Originally Posted by rtch92
Weird, I always get estimated charges plus $200. You didn't get that?
I have since returned the vehicle and the charges were incorrect. The total billed was 20% higher than the reservation quote. I have a follow-up in with customer service. No sense waiting around in line at Hertz YYZ as they don't seem to be able to fix these things.
Old Jul 9, 2018, 1:46 pm
Original Poster

Monday T1
PC
- Ram 1500
- Pacifica
- Grand Cherokee Limited
- 300 Limited
- Charger SXT
- Jetta
- Durango R/Ts

Also saw a Grand Cherokee in the gold section
​​​​
Old Jul 10, 2018, 4:48 pm

Originally Posted by turbov6
I have since returned the vehicle and the charges were incorrect. The total billed was 20% higher than the reservation quote. I have a follow-up in with customer service. No sense waiting around in line at Hertz YYZ as they don't seem to be able to fix these things.
Heard back from customer service. YYZ is now charging a concession pass through fee of about $10 which is not showing up on reservations.

"Regrettably, it appear that there was an extra charge that wasn't included on your initial reservation, which is only an approximate total. A concession pass through fee of about $10 is added to every rental in Canada by the location, directly."
Old Jul 10, 2018, 5:20 pm

Did they explain what the concession pass through fee is? I thought the 16.96% Airport fee would be enough to cover that.

edited: I found it:

'Concession Fee Recovery (CFR) or Concession Pass Thru Fee:
This fee is to reimburse Hertz for concession fee recovery required to operate at airports and other locations. This fee varies by location and is charged for each rental.'

Originally Posted by turbov6
Heard back from customer service. YYZ is now charging a concession pass through fee of about $10 which is not showing up on reservations.

"Regrettably, it appear that there was an extra charge that wasn't included on your initial reservation, which is only an approximate total. A concession pass through fee of about $10 is added to every rental in Canada by the location, directly."

Last edited by rtch92; Jul 10, 2018 at 8:16 pm
Old Jul 12, 2018, 1:10 pm

This is my fourth time here at YYZ Hertz. Spotted a A5 in the PC aisle along with a Challenger and Durango R/T. Other usual vehicles in the mix too.

I can't wait to enjoy it this weekend.

Old Jul 13, 2018, 8:31 am

This is my fourth time here at YYZ Hertz. Spotted a A5 in the PC aisle along with a Challenger and Durango R/T. Other usual vehicles in the mix too.

I can't wait to enjoy it this weekend.

Too funny, I am driving that grey Challenger now. You must've just beat me to the Audi.

When I got there last night around 8pm, the Audi was gone. But there has been definitely some improvements to the Ultimate Choice for PC's here in YYZ. Besides the Challenger, there was also a Charger, Volvo S90, and a few 300's. Also in the midst of the nicer cars, there is a Kia Soul? Not sure what the thinking of that is.
Old Jul 13, 2018, 8:44 am

Actually, someone took the keys to that one.

Made a big stink, they brought me a blue one. Had you been there too, I'm sure you could have gotten one too.

Originally Posted by Commie
Too funny, I am driving that grey Challenger now. You must've just beat me to the Audi.

When I got there last night around 8pm, the Audi was gone. But there has been definitely some improvements to the Ultimate Choice for PC's here in YYZ. Besides the Challenger, there was also a Charger, Volvo S90, and a few 300's. Also in the midst of the nicer cars, there is a Kia Soul? Not sure what the thinking of that is.
Old Jul 13, 2018, 1:02 pm

Actually, someone took the keys to that one.

Made a big stink, they brought me a blue one. Had you been there too, I'm sure you could have gotten one too.

i probably would still pick the Challenger. I quite like the Challenger. Now if there was a Guila there, then all bets are off.

I rent at that location every Thursday, so let’s see if the gradual improvements continues.
Old Jul 13, 2018, 2:23 pm

Ill be be there next Thursday around 5-5:30, so i'll report then again unless you beat me. Maybe we will bump into each other, and hope for a Guila!

i probably would still pick the Challenger. I quite like the Challenger. Now if there was a Guila there, then all bets are off.

I rent at that location every Thursday, so let’s see if the gradual improvements continues.
Old Jul 15, 2018, 6:34 pm

Programs: National EE, Hertz PC
Was there on 7/13 at about 4:30 PM - mix bag of the same cars posted above. Notable sedans were a Cadillac ATS/CTS don't remember which it was, and a Dodge Charger SXT Plus, which I took. Called the car jockey over and asked if there was anything coming in the next 30 mins or so and he said no, but he might be able to get me a Alfa Romeo that someone took when they weren't supposed to. Unfortunately it was taken by someone else and if I was only there 15 mins ago I could have had it. Oh well. The Charger was nice.
Old Jul 20, 2018, 7:54 am

Ill be be there next Thursday around 5-5:30, so i'll report then again unless you beat me. Maybe we will bump into each other, and hope for a Guila!

Nothing exciting there last night. I was there around 7:30-745. Couple of ATS, 300's, bunch of Wrangler's and a Ram 1500 truck. I took one of the ATS with 12000km.

Hope it was better earlier for you.
Old Jul 20, 2018, 10:01 am

Nope, took a loaded out Ram 1500. Were the wranglers the JL model? I haven't taken a close look at them.

Nothing exciting there last night. I was there around 7:30-745. Couple of ATS, 300's, bunch of Wrangler's and a Ram 1500 truck. I took one of the ATS with 12000km.

Hope it was better earlier for you.

Last edited by rtch92; Jul 20, 2018 at 11:23 am
Old Jul 20, 2018, 10:26 am

Nope, took a loaded out Ram 1500. Where the wranglers the JL model, I haven't taken a close look at them.

2 out of the 3 Wranglers were JK Unlimited Sahara. The other was an unlimited Sport.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.