Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Renting at YYZ; What Kind of Cars to Expect?" Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Renting at YYZ; What Kind of Cars to Expect?" Thread

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2018, 9:26 am

Originally Posted by turbov6
Dec 6 T1 PC (Thursday 8pm)

Perhaps there is hope. The first sighting of a brand new vehicle in the isle in a long time. Maybe the new fleet is finally starting to arrive.
I hope you are right about new fleet cars starting to arrive. The last few weeks at T1 Hertz have been pretty bleak. Bunch of PriusV and Kia Soul's.
Old Dec 9, 2018, 6:30 pm

Programs: National EE, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond, AC 50K
Dec 9 T1 PC 8pm

Nissan Sentra
Nissan Rogue
Dodge Ram 1500
Kia Soul x 2
Chevy Traxx NO KEY
Hyundai Sonata x 2
Kia Optima

Upgrade selection

Red Volvo S60 T6 Polestar badge

T3

Kia Sorrento
Fiat 500X
Toyota Rav 4
Nissan Rogue x 2
Nissan Sentra
Jeep Wrangler x 2

Upgrade selection
Volvo S90

Everything was over 20,000 km. Some over 40,000 km. If you get a higher mileage car be sure to check the tires for tread wear to make sure they aren't almost bald. Hertz isn't known for properly maintaining their vehicles at this location.
SoroSuub1 likes this.
Old Dec 14, 2018, 5:52 pm

Programs: National EE, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond, AC 50K
Dec 14 T1 6pm PC

Chevy Impala 251km new
Toyota Corolla
Kia Soul
Toyota Prius V x 2
Chevy Traxx x 2 one had engine hood up
Nissan Rogue

Upgrade selection
Dodge Ram 1500
Audi A5

T3 PC

Nissan Sentra
GMC Terrain
Kia Soul x 3
Fiat 500X 48,000 km
Toyota Corolla 50,000 km

Gold had a Volvo XC90

Upgrade selection
Cadillac ATS
Alfa SUV
SoroSuub1 likes this.
Old Dec 28, 2018, 2:40 pm

Programs: National EE, Enterprise Platinum, Hertz President's Circle, NEXUS
Hertz at YYZ is one huge joke. I spent about $15,000 in rentals this past summer ($4000 a month) and you wouldn't begin to believe the terrible customer service I got despite how much I was spending. Second month in, I had to wait over an hour in order to not be stuck in a sub-$35,000 Charger or Challenger (base trims) on a luxury class rental.

Every single time I have dealt with Hertz, they are bitter and give altitude like you're inconveniencing them. How much you spend or your status absolutely means nothing to Hertz at YYZ.All I wanted was a something like a Volvo that is actually luxury, not their faux-luxury.

They even had the audacity to try to upsell me on a $4,000 a month rental at $60/day EXTRA for some crummy Alfa Romeo SUV. They even tried to claim Volvos cannot be rented for a month and are paid upgrades on a luxury class rental. Uhhhhhhhhhh maybe in your dreams.

I don't know the name of the black manager but the guy is the rudest person I have ever had the displeasure of dealing with. He basically told me to go elsewhere if I didn't like what car they wanted to give me.

Originally Posted by Bjam99
Jeez, I would be switching my loyalty and extensive business if that's the kind of attitude I got so often from a particular location. You should complain to corporate about that! (not that they'd do much probably)
Originally Posted by Commie
Oh I had a great interaction with Cynthia today.

What a gong show Terminal 1 Hertz was this morning. In the President's Circle aisle there was 3 vehicle, there was a Ram 1500, a Dodge Journey, and a Corolla without keys.
The rest of the hertz lot was so barren. Never seen it without cars like that. There was around 7-8 non-status renters waiting for a car.

I talked to Cynthia a bit to see when I will be able to get a 4 door full size car that I reserved. And her customer service skills were at its finest.
Basically treated the customers like we were so fortunate to be allowed to rent one of her cars, and if we didn't like the wait, then we can go somewhere else.

I'll have to seriously consider moving my business to National. This constant battle at YYZ Hertz is not fun anymore.
Originally Posted by rtch92
The jig is up everyone, i officially got yelled at today by the Hertz General Manager Jason for taking photos of the PC selection.

He said that renting is a privilege, and that he wouldn't consider a Presidents Circle customer like me high valued.

Got a Guila though for the week.
Old Dec 28, 2018, 3:39 pm

His name is Tony, and yes he will give as much push back as possible to make renting with Hertz a privilege and not a right with a reservation. He gets that from the ring leader over there, Jason.

They either need to buy a proper fleet or shut down.

Other airports can do it, why not YYZ?!

Originally Posted by manohman
Hertz at YYZ is one huge joke. I spent about $15,000 in rentals this past summer ($4000 a month) and you wouldn't begin to believe the terrible customer service I got despite how much I was spending. Second month in, I had to wait over an hour in order to not be stuck in a sub-$35,000 Charger or Challenger (base trims) on a luxury class rental.

Every single time I have dealt with Hertz, they are bitter and give altitude like you're inconveniencing them. How much you spend or your status absolutely means nothing to Hertz at YYZ.All I wanted was a something like a Volvo that is actually luxury, not their faux-luxury.

They even had the audacity to try to upsell me on a $4,000 a month rental at $60/day EXTRA for some crummy Alfa Romeo SUV. They even tried to claim Volvos cannot be rented for a month and are paid upgrades on a luxury class rental. Uhhhhhhhhhh maybe in your dreams.

I don't know the name of the black manager but the guy is the rudest person I have ever had the displeasure of dealing with. He basically told me to go elsewhere if I didn't like what car they wanted to give me.
Old Dec 28, 2018, 5:20 pm

Programs: National EE, Hertz PC
His name is Tony, and yes he will give as much push back as possible to make renting with Hertz a privilege and not a right with a reservation. He gets that from the ring leader over there, Jason.

Tony is white. He gave me a credit once I complained and told him how bad the customer service was. If anything he’s one of the most pleasing and helpful there.
Old Dec 28, 2018, 6:04 pm

The xxxxxxxxxxx - he’s a Zone Revenue Manager.

Originally Posted by jim32190

Tony is white. He gave me a credit once I complained and told him how bad the customer service was. If anything he’s one of the most pleasing and helpful there.

Last edited by jason8612; Dec 28, 2018 at 6:44 pm Reason: Removed employee's name per FT rules
Old Dec 28, 2018, 7:15 pm

Does Paven still work there? I dealt with him once and he was the only one who didn't make me want to bang my head off a wall.

Old Dec 28, 2018, 7:17 pm

Red Volvo S60 T6 Polestar badge would have been real fun. Polestar is their high-performance / racing section.

Originally Posted by turbov6
Dec 9 T1 PC 8pm

Nissan Sentra
Nissan Rogue
Dodge Ram 1500
Kia Soul x 2
Chevy Traxx NO KEY
Hyundai Sonata x 2
Kia Optima

Upgrade selection

Red Volvo S60 T6 Polestar badge

T3

Kia Sorrento
Fiat 500X
Toyota Rav 4
Nissan Rogue x 2
Nissan Sentra
Jeep Wrangler x 2

Upgrade selection
Volvo S90

Everything was over 20,000 km. Some over 40,000 km. If you get a higher mileage car be sure to check the tires for tread wear to make sure they aren't almost bald. Hertz isn't known for properly maintaining their vehicles at this llocation.
Old Dec 28, 2018, 8:24 pm

weird that it got X’d out, never seen that before.

Pavan isn’t a manager I think, but I only seen him work nights during the week.

The xxxxxxxxxxx - he’s a Zone Revenue Manager.
Originally Posted by manohman
Does Paven still work there? I dealt with him once and he was the only one who didn't make me want to bang my head off a wall.
Old Jan 2, 2019, 2:49 pm

0102 Wednesday @ 12:30PM - Happy New Year

T1 PC
Volvo V90 x1
Volvo V60 x1
Volvo XC60 x1
Jeep Wrangler x1
Audi A5 x1
Dodge Durango x1
Kia Soul x1
Nissan Rogue x1
chrysler Pacifica x1
Cadillac XTS x1

T1 5*
Nothing Notable/Mainly Midsize

T1 Gold
Unlimited Corolla
Several Elentra and Kia Souls
1 Nissan Rogue parking near the gate

Upgrade Section:
Dodge Durango V8 x1
Audi A5 x1

Still no sign of new fleets - Coming Soon
One of the best selection I've ever seen for YYZ PC
SoroSuub1 likes this.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 3:32 am

Programs: National EE, Hertz PC
T1 Jan 20

Usual junk in PC aisle, including a Kia Soul 😂

Found a Volvo V60 that I took but at the exit gate was told that car was in a reserved stall, the agent asked “do you still want that car?”. I told her it was in the PC Zone and luckily I took a photo of it in the zone before exiting. Showed her and she let me have it. Quite a nice car, Swedish luxury design.

Upgrade zone one had two V90s and an Audi A5
Old Feb 5, 2019, 12:32 pm

0203 Sunday @ 11:00PM

Be aware of this location - Kindly warning due to shortage of cars

T1 PC
Kia Souls x2
Dodge Minivan x1
Hyundai Sonata x1
Toyota Rav4 x1
Other than cars with Quebec plates, 80% cars are over 30,000 km now. Some old corollas are even 50k to 65k now.

T1 5*
Except 1 minivan, all midsizes

T1 Gold
Unlimited Corolla/Kia Souls

Upgrade Section Empty

You will not see new fleets until spring.
However, do not expect this location to be a real ultimate choice location (due to defleeting & lack of cars).
I suggest everyone renting at YYZ have a backup rental with Avis/Budget/National if you want better cars

Worst time to pick up during the week: Sunday night to Monday morning, Thursday night to Friday afternoon, Wednesday)
Schweden and SoroSuub1 like this.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 5:24 pm
Original Poster

Monday T1
PC
High mileage 500X, Sienna, Ram 1500, Soul

Upgrade
2 x V60
Old Feb 24, 2019, 2:11 pm

0222 Friday @ 7:30PM

T1 PC
Toyota Highlander x2 - plate staring with CJ, brand new vehicle
Kia Optima x1
Dodge Durango x3 - both GT and R/T - plate staring with CJ, brand new vehicle
Nissan Rogue x2
Hyundai Sonata x1

5* and Gold are all Mid Size Corollas/Elantra/Sentra except 1 altima

Upgrade area are new Taurus, V60x2 and 1 Durango

New cars are coming slowly
It seems like Ford Taurus is Hertz's new premium vehicle - Group G
However, it's hard to book premium due to shortage of vehicle at YYZ
Premium is always sold out

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.