Community
Wiki Posts
Search

PC upgrades when traveling in UK?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2018, 2:25 pm
Original Poster

PC upgrades when traveling in UK?

I'll be renting in Edinburgh City Centre in late May. I need at least a Midsize (class F), Automatic car. Does anyone know if I book a Compact (class E), Automatic car.. do I still get a guaranteed one car class upgrade as a President's Circle member? This is my first international rental experience. I normally wouldn't care and just book the midsize, but the price difference here for the week I'm renting the car is $100.

Any feedback or experiences would be great here.
Old Apr 24, 2018, 3:15 pm
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

Yes, as a Hertz PC member renting in Edinburgh city (a Hertz corporate location) you should be eligible to an upgrade to a midsize with a compact reservation according to Hertz policy here:

https://www.hertz.com/rentacar/misc/...Conditions.xml
Old Apr 26, 2018, 9:17 am

Renting in central Edinburgh is a bad idea. The depot is tiny, they struggle with inventory, so I'd say your chance of an upgrade is low. Many stories of folk finding no cars when they turn up.
Renting at the airport means far more choice, you don't deal with Edinburgh traffic, and far more likely to get an upgrade. Plus, unlike north America, airport locations are often cheaper than city centre.
Old Apr 26, 2018, 9:20 am
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

Good advice from @rcspeirs. You could make a reservation for city center if that's more convenient as well as a separate airport reservation a couple of hours later as a backup. This way if the city center works out, you can just cancel the airport reservation. If not, then just fall back to the airport reservation.
Old Apr 26, 2018, 2:51 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I do not think that Edinburgh City is a participating location for PC upgrades. istr that the UK is pretty limited to some airport locations and to a some London area locations

As far as 2 bookings go, would it really be worth the time and cost to get from the city out to the airport if it didn't give an upgrade

Last edited by Dave Noble; Apr 26, 2018 at 2:57 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.