Search

Purchase PC status with points

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2019, 9:30 am
Original Poster

Location: STL, MO-US and A , SWA A-List, Marriott LTTE, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by TXJeepGuy
Doesn't seem worth it to me.

I was 5* due to my United status, then found that National will give you EE based on a hotel status match. I then matched the EE back to Hertz and got PC. Total cost, about 30 minutes of my time, and I got to keep all my points.
So National will give me EE based on my Marriott Titanium Elite?
Old Jun 12, 2019, 12:57 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus, Marriott Rewards, Southwest Rapid Rewards
Originally Posted by ALARISstl

So National will give me EE based on my Marriott Titanium Elite?
Absolutely. I got it with gold.
Old Jun 13, 2019, 10:40 am

Programs: Delta Skymiles - Platinum; Hertz - President's Circle; Expedia - Gold
If you like to drive, and enjoy fun cars - absolutely.
PC status is not relevant for people who are reluctant commuters.
If you think that Toyota Camry or Chevy Malibu are good driving choices, don’t waste points on PC status.

At ultimate Choice locations you always reserve a midsize and get a minimum of a boring full size selection (but new to very low mileage, with full options installed) and a hit-and-miss choice of more fun cars such as Cadillac XTS, Dodge Charger RT, sometimes Infinity Q50, SUV’s

Premium upgrades for $25 are a great benefit, and often you are treated with more understanding of your requests as a PC, especially in Europe
Old Jun 14, 2019, 3:26 pm

If you like to drive and enjoy fun cars you can always pay for them. 4500 points for six months of status is a terrible deal. It would only be worth it, on the aggregate, if one rented very frequently, but then one would get PC anyway.

Everybody can pay for premium upgrades, the discount for being PC is not worth many points. And, of course, for 4500 you could also rent a premium car to begin with.
Old Jun 18, 2019, 9:33 am

Programs: Delta Skymiles - Platinum; Hertz - President's Circle; Expedia - Gold
Premium upgrades are discounted for PC’s ($25 per day vs. $35 per day), but even without them the selection of cars in the PC lot is by far worth it: low mileage, full features, occasional premium cars in the rotation
Old Jun 18, 2019, 10:14 am

Not worth it for 4500 points. Jump on some status match and end up with Hertz PC.
Auto Enthusiast and TXJeepGuy like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.