Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Is it Possible to Enjoy Status Benefits When Booking via Priceline/Hotwire/Etc.?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is it Possible to Enjoy Status Benefits When Booking via Priceline/Hotwire/Etc.?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2002, 6:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA1K,MM

Has any one ever been able to attach their Hertz #1 number to a priceline reservation/ Not for the miles but for easy pick up?

------------------
Old Aug 26, 2002, 8:27 am

I tried once and was unable to.
Old Aug 26, 2002, 10:15 am
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
You can't do it ... but I have had them add my Gold Number to all my reservations at pick-up (I think it's automatic actually when they use my credit card that's attached to my profile) and the rentals count towards 5* and PC qualification.
Old Aug 26, 2002, 10:16 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Same here. A Gold agent told me they are not allowed to add anything to a Priceline reservation nor can they open them to do so even if they wanted to.
Old May 12, 2003, 3:49 pm

Assume this has not changed but does anyone have any update on getting the Gold Number attached at pickup? Am I in for the long pickup lines if I book via Priceline?

thanks
Old May 12, 2003, 9:11 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by 200 ngts/ 200 legs/year:
Assume this has not changed but does anyone have any update on getting the Gold Number attached at pickup? Am I in for the long pickup lines if I book via Priceline?

thanks
</font>
I guess that depends on time and airport etc - I refuse to deal with this especially since Priceline for car rentals doesn't usually save you much (a couple $ a day).

Old May 17, 2003, 11:21 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
It's true you can not add your Hertz Card number before a rental but I will disagree that Priceline only saves a couple of dollars.

I rented an SUV in MIA for an accepted $25 bid and got Hertz for a Sat-Wed rental in October. Hertz wanted $55 per day w/ the best discount I could find. I ended up with a brand-new, 28 miles, Mitsubishi Montero.

Check http://www.biddingfortravel.com if you want to see accepted Priceline bids from others.
Old Jul 6, 2003, 2:35 am

Priceline got me a Sports car in OAK for $20. No other website got close. Granted my #1 number wasn't in the reservation and they said they didn't have any sports cars available even though there were 3 sitting in the lot. After waiting about an hour I told the station mgr to put me in a convertible sports car or give me one thats been sitting in the lot. She gave me one in the lot. She put my #1 in the rez but said since I booked it on Priceline I don't get the service I would have if I had booked it directly with Hertz.
Old Jun 6, 2011, 3:48 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
With apologies for bumping an old thread, but it's exactly my question: While I generally RUN from Priceline, a DFW booking at $10/day was $70 (!) less per day than doing it directly.

Hertz #1 Gold rep tells me they can't add my number, but that Priceline can. Priceline says that they WON'T add my number since "this is a deeply discounted rate" (she must have said that 10 times -- must be in bold on their script ) and despite the fact that I try to explain that my Gold # has nothing to do with any discounts.

Priceline customer "service" was actually pretty nasty about it.
Old Jun 6, 2011, 7:06 pm

Several have said it is possible to have your name on the Gold board, but regardless, you will not earn points.

It's the same with National, FYI. Several have posted there that they were upset their Priceline/Hotwire reservations couldn't earn credits and let them choose a car.
Old Jun 6, 2011, 7:35 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Don't care about the points. Just would like to not wait in line. But Hertz says Priceline has to do it, and Priceline says they can't/won't.
Old Jun 18, 2011, 5:10 am
Carlson Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz & Avis PC; National EE; SPG & Hilton Gold; AC 35K (yawn)
Originally Posted by cblaisd
Don't care about the points. Just would like to not wait in line. But Hertz says Priceline has to do it, and Priceline says they can't/won't.
Just get off the bus at the Gold booth (vs the main booth), and have your #1G card with you.

I have not done this with Hertz, but I have done it with Avis more than a few times.

Of course, I have no expectation that this will work, and one generally gets what one pays for.

Brian
Old Jun 21, 2011, 10:56 am

Programs: *G, ow Saph
Originally Posted by briantoronto
Just get off the bus at the Gold booth (vs the main booth), and have your #1G card with you.

I have not done this with Hertz, but I have done it with Avis more than a few times.

Of course, I have no expectation that this will work, and one generally gets what one pays for.

Brian
I've done this with Hertz and it worked. Actually, it worked so well (bad flight day at DCA, regular line was 50 people deep, and I had somewhere I had to be URGENTLY) that it cemented my loyalty to Hertz from then on. That was almost 6 years ago.
Old Sep 6, 2011, 10:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Fairmont Prem, SPG Gold, Priority Club Plat/IC Amb, AmEx Plat
I believe this is a big failure on Hertz's part. I just completed a Priceline reservation with Avis. I was able to e-mail Avis, have them put my Preferred number into the reservation. The shuttle driver dropped me off at my SUV and I was off.

So I don't buy Hertz's excuse.
Old Sep 9, 2011, 9:32 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Priceline rentals are the one single reason I've carried the little plastic cards with me. I've had Hertz Priceline rentals...a handful over the years...and always gone straight to the Gold booth with card and rental printout in hand. Never a problem...

But I agree, it'd be nice if they could insert the number into the reservation. I know they can do it on other third-party-booked rentals because my corporate travel agent always jacks up my Hertz reservations and phone agents have no problem adding the right number before the rental.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.