Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hertz USA/UK price difference (US booking)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2018, 7:13 pm
Original Poster

Hertz USA/UK price difference (US booking)

I know there have been quite a few topics but none seem to be very conclusive about the price difference between the UK and the US website for a booking in the US. I'm looking at a one-way reservation, 1 day, and I'm quoted $100-ish on the US website, but only $50 on the UK website. Additionally, the UK website also includes LDW and LIS, making it a much sweeter deal. I'm also able to change the residency on the last booking step from UK to USA without affecting the rate. My question is whether there can/will be some problems with doing this? I am looking at the pay later option, as that rate is quoted in USD and only marginally more expensive than the pay now rate.I looked through all the terms I could find on the last step of making a booking, and didn't see any restrictions on using the UK website for a US rental as a US resident. Will Hertz still honor the LDW and LIS? Since LDW is included I wouldn't be covered under my CC, and I definitely don't want to be left out without coverage; I don't own a car so I have no other insurance that would cover me either.
Old Feb 18, 2018, 8:15 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

There is no issue booking on the UK site and getting the better rate

Once upon a time many years ago, the website dropdown did say "country of residence" but it hasn't done so for a long while

The inclusion of LDW and LIS makes in the base rate makes points bookings really appealing to me too
klanfa likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.