FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hertz-gold-plus-rewards-423/)
-   -   Autoslash booking questions (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hertz-gold-plus-rewards/1893730-autoslash-booking-questions.html)

adamak Feb 13, 2018 10:43 am

Autoslash booking questions

Few questions :
1. Booked Hertz OGG through Autoslash. But now we'll arrive in Maui 2 hours earlier than pick up time. Will this be a problem?

2. When I look up my Autoslash Hertz reservation # on Hertz.com, the quote is 3x more expensive. I still pay the autoslash price, correct?

3. I need to add liability insurance (but decline CDW). Autoslash website doesn't have that option. If I add it through Hertz.com, will I lose the cheaper quote? I sort of want to avoid checking in at the counter in OGG.

TIA.

AutoSlash Feb 13, 2018 10:53 am

No, picking up early won't be a problem. As far as the price goes, I'm not sure why Hertz would be showing a higher rate. Can you please email [email protected] with your details and one of our escalation reps will look into this for you?

With regard to the liability insurance, if you have your Hertz Gold Rewards member number on the reservation, then you can skip the counter as usual and add the liability insurance at the exit booth or when you pick up your keys at the Gold kiosk. I forget off-hand how OGG is configured. Bottom line, no need to wait on the "regular" line to add it. Any Hertz employee you interact with should be able to add it on for you.

adamak Feb 13, 2018 2:32 pm

Thank you. I'll email.

docbert Feb 14, 2018 9:39 pm

Originally Posted by adamak (Post 29411794)
1. Booked Hertz OGG through Autoslash. But now we'll arrive in Maui 2 hours earlier than pick up time. Will this be a problem?

Generally not a problem, but keep in mind that if it pushes you over an extra 24 hour period then the rate will go up.

eg, if your rental is for 4pm today until 4pm tomorrow, and you pick it up at 2pm, then it's now a 1 day, 2 hour rental which will likely add an extra day to the price.

AutoSlash Feb 15, 2018 11:06 am

Originally Posted by docbert (Post 29418449)
Generally not a problem, but keep in mind that if it pushes you over an extra 24 hour period then the rate will go up.

eg, if your rental is for 4pm today until 4pm tomorrow, and you pick it up at 2pm, then it's now a 1 day, 2 hour rental which will likely add an extra day to the price.

Good point to make. If that is indeed the case, the solution to that is to sit at baggage claim and enjoy the tropical breeze for two hours before going to get your car, returning your car two hours early and enjoying the tropical breeze for two hours at your gate, or splitting the difference and enjoying said breeze for one hour before you pick your car up and one hour after you drop it off. :)

The point is, even if picking up early does push you beyond 24 hours, you're only ultimately charged for the actual time you possess the vehicle, so just make sure that whatever time you drop it off is less than a multiple of 24 hours from whatever time you actually pick it up (as shown on your rental agreement when you leave the lot).