Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

AMEX Platinum CDP - do I have to pay with Amex Platinum?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AMEX Platinum CDP - do I have to pay with Amex Platinum?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2014, 7:33 pm
Original Poster

Amex Platinum 4 hour grace period

I have some forthcoming trip and I would like to take advantage of Amex Platinum 4 hour grace period with Hertz. But what I need to do to get the grace period? I've tried booking with amex platinum cdp 211762 (is it right?) online but it does not acknowledge the additional 3 hours at all (treated as another day). Must I join the gold plus reward club first? (any fee?)

thanks
Old Jul 7, 2014, 7:40 pm

Programs: Hertz PC, QF Plat, Velocity Gold, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
https://www.hertz.com/rentacar/hertz...latinum_GB.jsp

To receive these benefits simply quote your #1 Club Gold membership number at the time of reservation. Once enrolled, the special Hertz discount programme number, 633306, should be automatically entered into your profile.

I also don't think the 4 hour grace period would be shown on your booking confirmation

Hopefully shows on your rental contract when you get the car
Old Jul 7, 2014, 8:27 pm

Programs: BA GGL, Marriott, IHG, Sirius, Dusit, Thai, Virgin, Hyatt, BAA, AS, AA(both)
Originally Posted by AndDee

To receive these benefits simply quote your #1 Club Gold membership number at the time of reservation. Once enrolled, the special Hertz discount programme number, 633306, should be automatically entered into your profile.

I also don't think the 4 hour grace period would be shown on your booking confirmation

Hopefully shows on your rental contract when you get the car

It shows on the booking confirmation, some locations might not be eligible though
Old Jul 7, 2014, 11:15 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Assuming you are eligible to use the CDP 211762 (Amex Platinum EMEA) and it is a location where the 4 hour grace applies, all you need to do is to put the return time as 4 hours after the pickup time when making the booking

e.g. pickup 10 July 13:00 , return 11 July 17:00 , the website will automatically calculate it as a 1 day rental rather than treat it as 2 days
Old Jul 7, 2014, 11:48 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Dave Noble
Assuming you are eligible to use the CDP 211762 (Amex Platinum EMEA) and it is a location where the 4 hour grace applies, all you need to do is to put the return time as 4 hours after the pickup time when making the booking

e.g. pickup 10 July 13:00 , return 11 July 17:00 , the website will automatically calculate it as a 1 day rental rather than treat it as 2 days

Omm, what location qualifies? I just joined the Hertz Gold Plus Rewards using Amex Platinum CDP, and did a few searches around some of places I am familiar with (tried sfo / sea / hnl / ..) for a 28 hr booking, but all are treated as 2 days pricing instead of 1 day?
Old Jul 7, 2014, 11:58 pm

Originally Posted by susieling
Omm, what location qualifies? I just joined the Hertz Gold Plus Rewards using Amex Platinum CDP, and did a few searches around some of places I am familiar with (tried sfo / sea / hnl / ..) for a 28 hr booking, but all are treated as 2 days pricing instead of 1 day?
It works for me at SFO ( for example ) 21 July 10:00 -> 22 July 14:00 is quoted as 1 days rental

You are selecting that CDP when making the reservation?
Old Jul 8, 2014, 12:11 am
Original Poster

It works for me at SFO ( for example ) 21 July 10:00 -> 22 July 14:00 is quoted as 1 days rental

You are selecting that CDP when making the reservation?
alright, you are right, it worked, I had confused all kinds of add-on fees with roughly another day' cost
Old Jul 8, 2014, 5:29 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold since '02, Hertz President's Circle since '07
Originally Posted by susieling
alright, you are right, it worked, I had confused all kinds of add-on fees with roughly another day' cost
Yes, that has caught me, too. Just because Hertz doesn't charge another day it doesn't mean they can waive the airport's facility fee and other similar jurisdictional fees/taxes.
Old Jul 13, 2014, 12:42 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
A good trick of this is using on a points rental too ^

Saved some bacon of mine in PHL (yes taxes will be more )
Old Aug 26, 2014, 3:15 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Bonvoy LT Ti; National EE; WDW Passholder
Experience outside the US?

Hello.

Do any FTers have recent experience with the US American Express Platinum CDP grace period benefit outside the US? I'm looking at taking advantage of the benefit on an upcoming rental in Norway, but wasn't sure whether I should expect the benefit to work there.

Cheers,
LBBZman
Old Aug 26, 2014, 4:05 pm

Programs: BA GGL, Marriott, IHG, Sirius, Dusit, Thai, Virgin, Hyatt, BAA, AS, AA(both)
Originally Posted by lbbzman
Hello.

Do any FTers have recent experience with the US American Express Platinum CDP grace period benefit outside the US? I'm looking at taking advantage of the benefit on an upcoming rental in Norway, but wasn't sure whether I should expect the benefit to work there.

Cheers,
LBBZman
It will work - the Hertz locations in Norway will ask to see the card though during the rental process - this is my experience will all franchise operations across Europe and the Middle East
Old Aug 26, 2014, 7:32 pm

Hello.

Cheers,
LBBZman
The safest way to know for certain for a location is simply to make a dummy booking for 28 hours. If it calculates it as 1 day then you are fine
Old Aug 30, 2014, 1:49 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Bonvoy LT Ti; National EE; WDW Passholder
Originally Posted by E14 26C
It will work - the Hertz locations in Norway will ask to see the card though during the rental process - this is my experience will all franchise operations across Europe and the Middle East
The safest way to know for certain for a location is simply to make a dummy booking for 28 hours. If it calculates it as 1 day then you are fine
Thanks, E14 26C and Dave Noble. When I put in the dummy booking for 27 hours, an extra day is quoted. So I assume I'll be charged the extra day. Will I have any recourse with Hertz in Norway? I know they're a franchise country, so I don't necessarily have the same expectations as in the US.

I can't find any current documentation about this benefit on either the US Hertz or US American Express websites. Is this still an official benefit?

Cheers,
LBBZman
Old Aug 31, 2014, 6:56 am

Programs: HHonors Gold since '02, Hertz President's Circle since '07
When I put in the dummy booking for 27 hours, an extra day is quoted. So I assume I'll be charged the extra day. Will I have any recourse with Hertz in Norway? I know they're a franchise country, so I don't necessarily have the same expectations as in the US.

I can't find any current documentation about this benefit on either the US Hertz or US American Express websites. Is this still an official benefit?
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=hertz+american+...atinum+4+hours

Participating locations (.PDF)

Four hour grace period in following Hertz franchise countries
Balearics, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Israel, Macedonia, Nigeria, Norway, Portugal, Romania, and Turkey.

Last edited by Rut Dog; Sep 17, 2014 at 2:10 pm
Old Oct 4, 2014, 4:03 pm
stc

Programs: DL 2MM Gold, AA Plat Pro; Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium (via SPG), IHG Plat
Thanks, E14 26C and Dave Noble. When I put in the dummy booking for 27 hours, an extra day is quoted. So I assume I'll be charged the extra day. Will I have any recourse with Hertz in Norway? I know they're a franchise country, so I don't necessarily have the same expectations as in the US.

Cheers,
LBBZman
My understanding is that it is grace. You need to make a reservation for 24 hours (or less) and then just return it up to 4 hours late.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.