Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Renting at HNL; What Kind of Cars to Expect?" Thread

Old Aug 4, 17, 11:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC

Happy at HNL yesterday.
I had booked a G Premium (Chevy Impala etc) and L Standard SUV (Hyundai Santa Fe etc) and once we landed I got my text saying an Infiniti Q70 and Ford Explorer were waiting.
Old Nov 20, 17, 1:03 pm

is there a thread for the experience at Hertz in HNL? What is the experience like for the PC?
Old Nov 20, 17, 1:16 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Not yet, but we could start one.

I’ve always had good experiences and upgrades at HNL as a PC.
Old Nov 21, 17, 10:25 am

Originally Posted by hchang2017 View Post
is there a thread for the experience at Hertz in HNL? What is the experience like for the PC?
Outstanding - last three rentals (one day, reserved F < $30 all in): Q80, C300 and QX70, all with paperwork waiting.
Old Nov 21, 17, 11:23 am

Originally Posted by BigJC View Post
Outstanding - last three rentals (one day, reserved F < $30 all in): Q80, C300 and QX70, all with paperwork waiting.
thx! I will report back in January on what I will get with I. The price difference between all is very minimal like ~$10 for 3 day rental.
Old Nov 21, 17, 11:40 pm

Programs: DL 2MM PM;VSGld;EKGld; HilDia; HrtzPC; AvisPC; PP; AmbPlt; JumeiGld; MeliaPlt; TajPlt; ShangriDia
Booked a full size car for two weeks at HNL. When I arrived, I discovered from the carfirmation text message that I was upgraded to a Cadillac ATS. Car was new with only 832 Miles at pick up. I was surprised as I generally never received any upgrade at that airport location in the past. This, I assume they were nearly sold out as the rental overlaps with Thanksgiving.
Old Jan 11, 18, 8:49 pm

made a luxury reservation for 1/4 9am pickup. Went there, they only have C300 for sedan. I asked to see if there is any SUV available, the agent told me Jeep Wrangler. Drove for a day and went in to return it since the height was too high for my parents to get in and out.
Agent told me again no SUV available until there was Ford Escape just pulled in.
Overall, the experience at this place wasn't good.
Old Jan 23, 18, 5:01 pm

Hertz Luxury (Group I) Car Options at Honolulu (HNL)

Does anyone know what the luxury car options usually are at HNL. The website lists a Chrysler 300M as the luxury choice or similar. I'm wondering if that's accurate in real life. Anyone rented something similar recently?
Old Jan 23, 18, 7:45 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by ou81two View Post
Does anyone know what the luxury car options usually are at HNL. The website lists a Chrysler 300M as the luxury choice or similar. I'm wondering if that's accurate in real life. Anyone rented something similar recently?
Did you look in here? Consolidated "Renting at HNL; What Kind of Cars to Expect?" Thread
Old Jan 24, 18, 6:30 pm
Moderator, Hertz; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1MM, BA GGL, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond and others
Originally Posted by UAPremExecflyer View Post
thanks for the link. I moved the posts to the appropriate thread.
Old Jan 28, 18, 7:39 am

Originally Posted by jason8612 View Post
thanks for the link. I moved the posts to the appropriate thread.
Currently in HNL. Booked I class with points - received Land Rover Discovery Sport. Kind of small, but works with all the small parking spaces around town.
Old Jan 29, 18, 9:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
For the past 2 or 3 years, I've always gotten a very nice upgrade.

Last year, on a 2 week award, I got an Infiniti. I almost fell over.
Old Mar 28, 18, 2:38 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
I have had four rentals here in the last year. Each time I booked a full-size or premium.

Two times, as a President's Circle customer, I was a pre-assigned a Range Rover Evoque. I turned them down both times because, in Hawaii, I prefer a four-door Jeep Wrangler. For my third and fourth rentals, I coordinated what I wanted ahead of time with the manager.

Once the Jeep had sand in it and the other three times there was some bumper damage. Apparently, Hertz HNL doesn't care much about customers who leave sand in their Jeep or get in a fender bender. Still, the manager is easy to work with and will pre-confirm upgrades. For what it's worth, I found the rates on Hertz.com better than anything he could offer me.

(removed)

Last edited by jason8612; Mar 30, 18 at 2:58 am Reason: Removed non public employee info per FT T&C
Old May 30, 18, 1:21 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Hi,

A week ago, I had a 2 day rental, and I was given an Nissan Altima (2017 mode) with about 18000+ miles on it. Did ask if they have something better at the desk, but was told none available.

Cheers!

@ LIH about 4 days earlier, also received the Altima (2017 mode) although mileage was on the lower side, about 5000+ miles. I believe it was also the 2017 mode.
Old Jun 12, 18, 5:35 pm

Programs: AA & Delta Plat, Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond
If I reserve a 7 passenger minivan as a Platinum, will that be pretty much what I get? I would love a Range Rover.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: