Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Renting at HNL; What Kind of Cars to Expect?" Thread

Consolidated "Renting at HNL; What Kind of Cars to Expect?" Thread

Old Apr 9, 2024, 11:26 pm

I rented back on March 20th around 3:00pm. There was no cars in Presidents or 5 circle, and the only car left in Gold was a 2020 Kia Optima LX. I talked to the front desk, and the guy gave me a 2021 Nissan Maxima SV with no charge. It had around 30k miles on it and it drove really well. Franklin's a G, he hooked me up well.

At the time that was the only sedan they had, all the Chargers were gone, definitely preferred the Maxima > Charger since I had leather and a navigation system.
Old Apr 19, 2024, 4:17 pm

This past weekend did managers special as a PC and just showed up to a sign that said to pick from gold. Didn't really care since wasn't going to be driving too much and didnt want to spend time checking cars and mileage, but it was like the usual and just one took of the many Chargers which had 10k miles.
Old May 22, 2024, 7:23 am

Looking to reserve a Jeep Wrangler from either Hertz or Thrifty. Both list it as either a 2dr or 4dr Wrangler. Any idea of the odds of getting a 4dr? There are 4 of us, plus luggage. Definitely not going to fit in a 2 dr. I own a 4dr Wrangler, so I know we fit in that.
Old May 27, 2024, 8:54 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Arrived yesterday, the Sunday of the Memorial Day holiday weekend, around 1530 and the entire non-reserved lot was basically empty. There were two Mini convertibles; one in 5* (going out with renters) and one in PC*. There was also a Kia Carnival minivan that drove out with renters as I arrived. I waited for about 5-10 minutes and took the first new car they drove into PC, which was a Q5 2024 Nissan Rogue SV with 1,600 miles on the odometer. While I was loading the car, I saw a pair of base Dodge Chargers driven into Gold and 5* along with an Altima.

I put over 400 miles on the car while I had it and it was a pretty solid ride and good for two or three passengers. I appreciated the 30 mpg I averaged as gas was over $4.50 at the non-Sam’s Club and Costco gas stations.

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Jun 6, 2024 at 4:14 pm

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.