Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

President's Circle via World Elite Mastercard?

President's Circle via World Elite Mastercard?

Old Nov 15, 2017, 12:53 am

Originally Posted by tmiw
Hmm, kinda makes me want to get a World Elite MC now. Is there a recent list of such cards somewhere? (For getting President's Circle I'm not sure I'd want to pay much of an AF, if any.) The most recent stuff I've found online is from a couple of years ago.
I don't think there are any World Elite cards with no annual fee.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 6:50 am

Programs: Emerald Club Executive Elite, Hertz President ś Circle , AF- KLM Flying Blue, BA Executive Club
The Presidents Circle benefits?

So your MC Elite Card gave cdp CDP 1795034 and the upgrade to the President's Circle.
The benefits ?
Suppose your a 5 Star Gold Member.
Youŕe using the AMEX FB Gold CC CDP
PC 192021 gives you some extra discount
Who gets the better deal ?
Old Nov 15, 2017, 10:56 am

Programs: It's Complicated...
Originally Posted by bedeve
So your MC Elite Card gave cdp CDP 1795034 and the upgrade to the President's Circle.
The benefits ?
I dont know that you cant use another CDP when booking. I just put it in my profile along with my elite master card in my profile and the status changed a week later....
Old Nov 15, 2017, 10:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GE, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by m907
I don't think there are any World Elite cards with no annual fee.
On further searching it looks like the Capital One Savor card is a no-AF World Elite card. However, I'm not sure I can justify it when I already have the CSR, especially when I'll have to unfreeze all three bureaus (thanks, Equifax). I'll search some more, I suppose.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 11:35 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by bedeve
The benefits ?
Originally Posted by mcgahat
I dont know that you cant use another CDP when booking. I just put it in my profile along with my elite master card in my profile and the status changed a week later....
You can use different CDP when booking. You don't even need MC Elite card to add CDP to your profile. Who know how long this promo will last given lots of folks are going to make this CDP Preferred once it hit the blogs.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 11:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by seawolf
You don't even need MC Elite card to add CDP to your profile.
Huh. I just added that CDP to mine without adding a World Elite MC so we'll see how that goes. If it works, I saved myself a bunch of HPs and unfreeze/freeze costs. ^ (Though maybe I'll eventually get one anyway if a good enough offer comes.)
Old Nov 15, 2017, 12:11 pm

Programs: It's Complicated...
Originally Posted by seawolf
You can use different CDP when booking. You don't even need MC Elite card to add CDP to your profile. Who know how long this promo will last given lots of folks are going to make this CDP Preferred once it hit the blogs.
Yep, but not sure it is a big deal. From my understanding, it is often not much of a benefit to be Presidents Circle. Will find out I guess.
Old Nov 22, 2017, 9:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It's now been a week since I added the World Elite CDP as primary and I haven't noticed anything different with my Hertz account. Maybe they fixed the glitch for US accounts, or actually requires a World Elite MC in one's profile after all?
Old Nov 22, 2017, 10:00 am

Programs: UA, BA Avios, AMEX Plat
Originally Posted by tmiw
It's now been a week since I added the World Elite CDP as primary and I haven't noticed anything different with my Hertz account. Maybe they fixed the glitch for US accounts, or actually requires a World Elite MC in one's profile after all?
Same.. still showing as five star here. I actually have a WE MC in my profile that's been in there for years. Might be fixed.
Old Nov 22, 2017, 1:16 pm

Programs: AA EXP, LT Gold
My account hasn't been updated, either. And my WE MC has been in my profile for years.
Old Dec 8, 2017, 5:32 am

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
Originally Posted by mcgahat
Yep, but not sure it is a big deal. From my understanding, it is often not much of a benefit to be Presidents Circle. Will find out I guess.
PC has a slightly better selection of cars to choose from and a few extra bonus points. And, $25/day for the premium UPG'd vehicles vs $35/day regularly.
Maybe CS will be a little easier to deal with when the promo bonuses don't post and they try to wiggle out of posting the points. Sept promo 1100 pts for 2 rentals required 3 emails this time to finally get the points to post.
Old Dec 8, 2017, 8:48 am

Originally Posted by rbAA
PC has a slightly better selection of cars to choose from and a few extra bonus points. And, $25/day for the premium UPG'd vehicles vs $35/day regularly.
Maybe CS will be a little easier to deal with when the promo bonuses don't post and they try to wiggle out of posting the points. Sept promo 1100 pts for 2 rentals required 3 emails this time to finally get the points to post.
That benefit only applies if you frequently use Ultimate Choice locations, which are only at some major airports.
Old Dec 8, 2017, 11:27 am
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

Originally Posted by m907
That benefit only applies if you frequently use Ultimate Choice locations, which are only at some major airports.
Increasingly, those airports are less and less "major": https://www.hertz.com/rentacar/produ...ate_choice.jsp
Old Dec 9, 2017, 12:06 am

Originally Posted by AutoSlash
Increasingly, those airports are less and less "major": https://www.hertz.com/rentacar/produ...ate_choice.jsp
Yes, that is certainly true.
Old Dec 16, 2017, 8:48 am

I took advantage of this my self as some one earlier in the thread mentioned i just emailed hertz with my info included pics of my World Elite Mastercard on Dec 10 on the 11 had email saying i was upgraded to PC and i checked and i was. Also forgot to add this was not a new hertz account.

Last edited by bigpoppa09; Dec 16, 2017 at 8:51 am Reason: Need to add more info

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.