Unexpectedly Received President's Circle

Old Oct 5, 17, 7:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K
Unexpectedly Received President's Circle

This week I got an envelope from Hertz in the mail congratulating me on getting President's Circle status with a membership card.

However, I never rent with Hertz and can't remember the last time I did.

Does anyone know why I would have received this? Is it some promotion? Not sure how they would have gotten my information.
Old Oct 5, 17, 9:56 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by simmang View Post
This week I got an envelope from Hertz in the mail congratulating me on getting President's Circle status with a membership card.

However, I never rent with Hertz and can't remember the last time I did.

Does anyone know why I would have received this? Is it some promotion? Not sure how they would have gotten my information.
Do you have a Chase MileagePlus Club or Presidential Plus credit card? That is a benefit. Or if you are a United Premier Platinum or higher, you can get President's Circle status. But I believe you would have to sign up for that.
Old Oct 5, 17, 11:30 pm

Programs: United 1K, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite, Hertz President's Circle
Did your company recently change to Hertz as their preferred vendor? I've heard of big companies transitioning to Hertz and all their employees get PC for the first year. Frustrating, but supposedly true.
Old Oct 6, 17, 1:21 pm

Originally Posted by 91StealthES View Post
Did your company recently change to Hertz as their preferred vendor? I've heard of big companies transitioning to Hertz and all their employees get PC for the first year. Frustrating, but supposedly true.
Yes this is true. I got PC when my company switched to Hertz. Also have the ability to keep PC for another year if I rent 10 times instead of 20. After that it goes back to 20.
Old Oct 6, 17, 2:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by IntlSalesGuy View Post
Do you have a Chase MileagePlus Club or Presidential Plus credit card? That is a benefit. Or if you are a United Premier Platinum or higher, you can get President's Circle status. But I believe you would have to sign up for that.
Ah, thatís it. I have the United Club Card. I didnít know that was a benefit.

I knew this forum would know!
Old Oct 6, 17, 8:43 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
DL DM also gives Hertz President's Circle as a published benefit, although neither side knows how to make it work.
Old Oct 7, 17, 2:26 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Amb, Hertz PC, Natl EE
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist View Post
DL DM also gives Hertz President's Circle as a published benefit, although neither side knows how to make it work.
Yeah, I'm trying to get my Hertz status upgraded via DL DM but 1) it seems the IT backend can't get it to work automatically and 2) there's no one to call at either company. I'm willing to give Hertz UC a chance just waiting on them to get the status upgrade sorted.
Old Oct 7, 17, 8:59 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by CommentatusMaximus View Post
Yeah, I'm trying to get my Hertz status upgraded via DL DM but 1) it seems the IT backend can't get it to work automatically and 2) there's no one to call at either company. I'm willing to give Hertz UC a chance just waiting on them to get the status upgrade sorted.
I posted about my experiences with this at some point. Ultimately I ended up submitting an email (email address given in that thread) and then President's Circle magically appeared on my account a month or two later. There didn't seem to be a way to make the process go any faster and indeed no one knew what to do.
Old Oct 7, 17, 3:54 pm

Programs: DL DM; HZ PC; Natl Exec Elite; SPG; Amex Plat
Originally Posted by CommentatusMaximus View Post
Interesting. I went from no status all the way to PM this year and my Hertz status has always trailed by a couple of weeks as I've gotten better and better status without me needing to call or e-mail anyone.

Seems to be the opposite of everybody else's experience.
Old Oct 8, 17, 10:54 pm

Originally Posted by manacit View Post
Interesting. I went from no status all the way to PM this year and my Hertz status has always trailed by a couple of weeks as I've gotten better and better status without me needing to call or e-mail anyone.

Seems to be the opposite of everybody else's experience.
You're getting the DL status at new levels. In my case, I was DM long before Hertz President's Circle became a published benefit of DM with DL.
manacit likes this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: