FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hertz-gold-plus-rewards-423/)
-   -   Consolidated "Renting at YVR; What Kind of Cars to Expect?" Thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hertz-gold-plus-rewards/1869745-consolidated-renting-yvr-what-kind-cars-expect-thread.html)

darkguy2 Sep 21, 2017 6:21 am

Consolidated "Renting at YVR; What Kind of Cars to Expect?" Thread

Anyone have any recent experience here? Looking at the google reviews it seems pretty bad. Am renting a mid-size and am PC.

TravellingGypsy Sep 26, 2017 11:24 pm

Originally Posted by darkguy2 (Post 28841743)
Anyone have any recent experience here? Looking at the google reviews it seems pretty bad. Am renting a mid-size and am PC.

I rent there 10-12 times per year, although they have a separate Gold booth in the parkade, there is no Gold choice offered. All the booth really does is serve as a (slightly) shorter queue wait to your keys and go. While I've never had a terrible experience at YVR, I wouldn't call any of my visits particularly memorable either. As seems to be the case everywhere, PC means absolutely nothing to them.

Funny reading the posts from 4+ yrs ago on this thread -- not much has changed selection wise. Expect a ton of Toyotas and a bunch of Hyundai's.

SKYEG Sep 28, 2017 5:50 pm

I've been here quite a bit as well...

Best they usually have kicking around is a 300C, Dodge Challenger/Charger. They have Mustangs and Camaros sometimes too. They have a CLA/C Class Mercedes once in a blue moon(bottom trim lol)

I actually saw a 7 series BMW a few weeks ago which I didn't even know existed in the Hertz fleet. Should have asked about it but the gold booth was closed and I was in a hurry.

And yes PC doesn't mean anything. It's also annoying when the gold booth in the parkade closes and you have to wait with everyone else where lines could be quite lengthy.

darkguy2 Sep 30, 2017 8:02 pm

So I took my trip. Rented C and it says I was given F, but it was just a base trim Nissan Elantra with Florida plates. I am guessing someone took this car on a one way road trip from Florida to Vancouver, it definitely smelled like it. They probably wanted to get rid of it so they had me drive it back to the states for them. Not very impressed.

mnic Feb 17, 2018 3:01 pm

In late January I reserved a Minivan (R) as a President's Circle member. Got given a Toyota Sienna with 35k miles. It wasn't a nice car, it smelt bad, and the tires were quite low on tread which caused issues in the snow.

To make things worse, after return I got the email receipt and had charged nearly $300 for a tank of gas despite returning the car full. The taxes and fees were also $54 higher than on my reservation email. The agent did a thorough check of the car when I returned it, so I'm convinced they did the gas trick on purpose. Thankfully I still had the gas receipt, but it took two emails, three phone calls and nearly 2 weeks to get a refund.

I've got nothing good to say about this location.

SoroSuub1 May 19, 2018 12:08 pm

Had an B class rental.

Was given the choice between a Chevrolet Cruze and a Chevrolet Trax. Took the Trax - it had maybe 3,500 km on the odometre.

The other Hertz staff member was annoyed at the one who served us for giving us the Trax because she had no more full-size vehicles to give out.

lukelim89 Jun 20, 2018 11:51 pm

Rent this past May 2018 - President Circle, reserved a Full Size, was a given a Toyota Highlander with less than 1600 miles.

JordanWalker Jul 20, 2018 2:57 pm

I know it's summer, but how come there is not a single car available on any dates from now until mid-September at YVR or any Vancouver locations?

System error? Or are they that fully booked?

9volt Sep 14, 2018 10:00 pm

Just completed a rental here as a President's Club member.

Just a couple quick observations:

1. There didn't appear to be an official PC aisle where I could select the vehicle of my choice. Instead I was upgraded to an SUV at the counter, which turned out to be a Nissan Rogue. I originally booked a full-size car, or F size.

2. As for the "nice" cars that were available, I saw a Alfa Romeo Giulia and a Volvo XC90. I also saw a Dodge Challenger which I guess is their sports car. We were kind of in a hurry and I didn't bother to ask about upgrading to them.

Other than that, no issues with the car or service. They weren't pushy about trying to sell me insurance or pre-paid gas or anything like that.

twinklinglights Sep 12, 2019 10:16 am

YVR

Booked a full-size car at Vancouver International Airport for one week with my government discount. They offered a Prius, but I declined. Instead I got a 2019 Chevy Impala LT (V6 engine) with leather interior and a sunroof.

GW McLintock Sep 12, 2019 1:00 pm

Originally Posted by twinklinglights (Post 31517815)
Booked a full-size car at Vancouver International Airport for one week with my government discount. They offered a Prius, but I declined. Instead I got a 2019 Chevy Impala LT (V6 engine) with leather interior and a sunroof.

It's a zippy car with the V6. Nice upgrade.

-J.

yerffej201 Jan 21, 2020 4:39 pm

any luxury cars here?

JordanWalker May 12, 2020 1:18 am

Anyone know what kind of cars YVR have lately? Are they overflow with cars, or are most of their cars returned to the manufactures like in the States?

1 week rentals is coming up as
~ $282 Group Q4, Rav4
~ $386 Group L, Ford Edge
~ $364 Group F, Sonata
~ $361 Group C, Corolla

Public save & pay rates, before using any rates.
Group F could be had fo ~$228 a week.

Toying the idea of renting a car and just enjoy some of the Interior / AB scenery for a few days. Wondering if theres any interesting cars to choose from.

ThePathfinder Jul 21, 2021 11:16 pm

Sorry for bumping a thread that has been untouched for over a year.

Anybody been through here lately? I have a manager's special next month (17-24). Just wondering what the fleet is like. Any pickup trucks?

turbov6 Sep 13, 2021 9:15 pm

A couple XC40 P8 Plug In Hybrids have shown up in the Hertz YVR fleet along with a couple BMW 2 series sedans.

I've added a quick tour of the Hertz isle in this video I've uploaded to YouTube starting at the 5:10 mark. (The BMW 330i featured in the video was rented from National).