Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Renting at CLE; What Kind of Cars to Expect?" Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2017, 1:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HHonors Gold, Hertz 5*, SPG Gold, AMEX Plat, buys Spirit tickets at the airport ticket counter ;-)

Any recent experiences at CLE? I am a 5*, booked Intermediate but hoping for upgrade. Arriving 8pm Friday night. What should I expect?

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Aug 24, 2017 at 6:15 pm Reason: moved from ultimate choice thread
Old Aug 28, 2017, 12:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HHonors Gold, Hertz 5*, SPG Gold, AMEX Plat, buys Spirit tickets at the airport ticket counter ;-)
FWIW, 5* lot was packed with Sonatas and Camrys only. 4 or 5 of each, all with out of state plates. Totally fine since that was technically an upgrade for me. Sonatas seems to be pretty stripped down while the Camry had leather/backup cam, etc.
Old Sep 21, 2018, 4:10 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Picked up here yesterday, glad to see it's an Ultimate Choice location. Do note it's a fairly long 10 minute ride from the airport to the consolidated facility so allow extra time on each end.

Usual selections of why and bother in the PC aisle though a 2018 Buick Envision was new to me so I took that, ended up liking it more than I expected to.
Old Sep 25, 2018, 1:43 pm

Programs: United Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis Preferred Plus
For PC, there's almost always a choice between 6+ Chevy Malibus. Rarely you'll see the occasional Chrysler 300 or a Mustang.
Old Oct 2, 2018, 11:13 am

Got an Escalade that was in PC. Attendant said it was a mistake but they gave it to me. Michigan plates. Pretty happy with it!
CMK10 likes this.
Old Jun 14, 2020, 1:36 pm

Programs: National EE, Avis PP

Swang by while picking up from National.
Relatively meh selection comparatively.
Upgrades were an MB A220, Cadillac XT5, and Volvo XC90, but they weren't budging for PC members.
m907 likes this.
Old Jun 20, 2020, 11:10 am

Programs: National EE, Avis PP
Seang by around 10:30 today since I was nearby. Completely empty except upgrades and a lone CTS 2.0T in PC
Old Mar 21, 2021, 3:59 pm

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Picked up yesterday (Saturday) at 12:15 PM

A whopping three cars in PC. I took the rust colored 300S which at least had only 700 miles and XM.

Two cars in Gold and I think those ones at the far right are in Five Star. Premium Upgrades consisted of three Infiniti mid sized sedans. What a joke.
Ordpc, m907 and SoroSuub1 like this.
Old Nov 24, 2021, 4:34 pm

Picked up 11/23 at 11 AM

Unlike my last visit a wide selection in PC, Five Star and Gold. I took a 2021 Buick Regal with 14,000 miles. Good to see a real improvement since I was here in March.
Auto Enthusiast and Ordpc like this.
Old Nov 11, 2022, 6:20 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Landed at 10pm, by the time we arrived in the PC section they only had about a dozen pickup trucks and minivans
5* and other stall empty, so we picked a Toyota minivan and felt like a soccer parent.
Old Apr 27, 2023, 3:15 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT (2 MM); Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium
Any more recent experiences / data points at this location? I’m headed there in June, have a “Manager’s Special” electric vehicle (C6) booked but not sure what to expect. I haven’t rented from Hertz at CLE in years. Thanks in advance.
Old Apr 30, 2023, 11:51 am

Programs: DL GM, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by ord_is_home
Any more recent experiences / data points at this location? I’m headed there in June, have a “Manager’s Special” electric vehicle (C6) booked but not sure what to expect. I haven’t rented from Hertz at CLE in years. Thanks in advance.
Rented the C6 rate last weekend in CLE. Tesla Model 3.

Pick up was inexcusable. Car wasn't ready, no Gold Rewards board. Went to the desk - said the car would be pulled up. 20 min later, back to the desk and in another 10min, I was finally in a dark blue 3. Between the long shuttle ride to the rental facility and lackluster service, I think I was finally on my way 90min after landing.
Old May 1, 2023, 4:38 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT (2 MM); Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by FastZiggy
Pick up was inexcusable. Car wasn't ready, no Gold Rewards board.
Thanks for posting. Ugh, sorry you had a bad pickup experience. Other than that, how was it to drive the Model 3 around Northeast Ohio? What was your experience charging it? I don’t see too many super chargers in the area…
Old May 3, 2023, 8:07 pm

Programs: DL GM, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by ord_is_home
Thanks for posting. Ugh, sorry you had a bad pickup experience. Other than that, how was it to drive the Model 3 around Northeast Ohio? What was your experience charging it? I don’t see too many super chargers in the area…
Sorry, I only had it for a long weekend and we were buzzing around CLE the entire time. Thus, I didn't need a charge during the trip and didn't look for superchargers in the area.
Old Aug 21, 2023, 1:45 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Arrived there at 6pm in early August. PC aisle was Malibus and the like as far as the eye could see. At the end of the aisle they had 4 or 5 Teslas and one Polestar. I was at the beginning of a 1700 mile 9 day road trip with the family so we hunted for suv in the gold and 5* aisles instead. Found a RAV4 hybrid with 41k miles in the gold aisle which made us all happy.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.