Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Renting at SJC (San Jose, CA); What Kind of Cars to Expect?" Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Renting at SJC (San Jose, CA); What Kind of Cars to Expect?" Thread

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10, 2020, 10:16 am

Programs: Yes
Explorer520 Was that data on a screen at the facility? If so where?
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old Nov 10, 2020, 2:45 pm

Originally Posted by damnyourefine
Explorer520 Was that data on a screen at the facility? If so where?
damnyourefine It's on the screen behind the Gold Counter located on the 2nd floor. They have it there sometimes, but sometimes they hide it since they don't want customers to see it. It's there intended for the movers and cleaners to know what type of work to prioritize.

​​Another example from another day.
They call this the "Always Be Stalling" system. Frankly pretty cool, but this also means employees or greeters tend to be less inclined to move vehicles for us because the manager and system already have everything in place.

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Nov 10, 2020 at 4:37 pm Reason: consecutive posts merged
Old Nov 11, 2020, 12:41 pm

Programs: National EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Explorer520
damnyourefine It's on the screen behind the Gold Counter located on the 2nd floor. They have it there sometimes, but sometimes they hide it since they don't want customers to see it. It's there intended for the movers and cleaners to know what type of work to prioritize.

​​Another example from another day.
They call this the "Always Be Stalling" system. Frankly pretty cool, but this also means employees or greeters tend to be less inclined to move vehicles for us because the manager and system already have everything in place.
Hmm... always be stalling, maybe that’s why it takes so long for them to bring decent cars to the PC zone - they intentionally stall 😂

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Nov 11, 2020 at 6:31 pm Reason: removed image from quote
Old Nov 11, 2020, 7:42 pm

Originally Posted by jim32190
Hmm... always be stalling, maybe that’s why it takes so long for them to bring decent cars to the PC zone - they intentionally stall 😂
They did remove a lot of their mid spec vehicles from the fleet, so unless someone drops off a one way it’ll be slim pickings for a while.
Old Nov 11, 2020, 7:55 pm

Lone X1 @ PU

PC 1

PC 2

5 Star 1

5 Star 2

5 Star 3
Auto Enthusiast and anteater like this.
Old Nov 16, 2020, 2:29 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, AS MVP Gold, National EE, Hertz PC
Excellent selections for PC at around 8:30am today.

BMW 230i convert.
BMW X1
Range Rover Velar
Audi A3
Benz A220 x2
Infiniti QX60
Cadillac XTS and another SUV
Toyota Highlander
Mustang
Charger R/T
few other Vans

picked up the Velar.
Compare to National Executive aisle they had only 6-7 generic cars.

kxc262, jizen, Ordpc and 1 others like this.

Last edited by zoneflyer; Nov 16, 2020 at 2:38 pm
Old Nov 16, 2020, 4:26 pm

Can confirm all of these were reserved or gone by 10AM, except the 230i.
Ordpc and Explorer520 like this.
Old Nov 24, 2020, 4:51 pm

Monday Late Evening

#A few staff there so didn't take pics this time

Only 1 A-Class worth mentioning. Others were all Altimas, Camry, Jetta and many Chevys (Malibu / Impala). Pretty much the same thing at 5Star , but they had a bit more Corollas.

I walked over to Nationals and they have pretty good cars. I have always used Hertz since their Premium Upgrades for $25-30 before negotiation is pretty fair to me and overall they dealt with my problems pretty fairly. I popped a tire once and got multiple gas charges but they were resolved pretty quickly. However on days when I dont need a nice car, I am really contemplating to switch to Nationals since my Corp account ends up giving me the exact same price with tax at Nationals, and Nationals even has damage waiver included. Why do y'all choose Hertz over Nationals (at least at SJC), or do y'all actually switch around? Just curious.

Hertz PC

Below: Nationals EE

kxc262 likes this.

Last edited by Explorer520; Nov 24, 2020 at 4:58 pm
Old Dec 2, 2020, 7:17 pm

Tonight in PC at SJC:
- White A220, I think in that same parking spot
- BMW X1
- Mustang Ecoboost hardtop
- Camaro SS hardtop

Some things that Hertz at SJC does better than National - they're low on cars less frequently, and their cars are generally a little cleaner. And during covid National's Aisle selection at SJC has gone from being "inconsistent but often very good" to consistently very bad, substantially worse than Hertz's these last few months in particular.
kxc262 and Explorer520 like this.
Old Dec 7, 2020, 11:58 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, AS MVP Gold, National EE, Hertz PC
Today around 8:30am. Much less PC selection compare to three weeks ago the same time. Half of PC lot was used as storage.

Cars worth mentioning:
RR Evoque
230i
Mustang

jizen, anteater and Explorer520 like this.
Old Jan 14, 2021, 12:19 am

Pretty dead this afternoon, probably because of the stay at home order and whatnot. <10 cars in PC and Five Star combined.

PC
Mustang GT Convertible
Mustang Ecoboost Hardtop
Mercedes SLC300
GMC Terrain
Couple 7-seater SUVs, Toyota and GMC
Five Star
Camaro SS Convertible
Couple Chevy/Nissan generic sedans
anteater, Ordpc and Explorer520 like this.
Old Jan 23, 2021, 1:44 am

Mostly empty lot again today (Friday) ~3pm but still keeping nice options for PC, if not a lot of variety in vehicle types

PC:
Camaro Convertible V6
2x Mercedes A220
BMW 430i
Cadillac XTS
Infiniti Q50
(and that's it, 6 cars)

5 Star:
Impala
1-2 other cars, Sentra or similar
anteater, Ordpc and Explorer520 like this.
Old Feb 13, 2021, 1:35 am

Friday Afternoon Inventory (Not a lot of cars but pretty good inventory)

Friday Afternoon Inventory (Not a lot of cars on the lot honestly but pretty good inventory for PC/5 Star).
I would say it's a very very good inventory this time round given a Friday and so many holidays around this time, like President's Day, Valentine's Day, Lunar New Year..

Ultimate Series (They have quite a few C63s near the return area and a Hendrick Camaro at the reserved area)

PC (RR Evoque, R/T Charger, Base Camaro)

PC (BMW 2 series, BMW X1, Chevy Colorado, Jeep Wrangler)

PC

Five Star (Mustang GT Convertible) Staff was nearby so I couldn't get a better photo

Gold (Mustang Base)

Gold (Mustang Base Convertible)

Reserved Area

Last edited by Explorer520; Feb 13, 2021 at 2:17 pm
Old Feb 13, 2021, 10:19 am

Explorer520 Is that a Macan?
Old Feb 13, 2021, 12:38 pm

Is that a Jeep Wrangler with rainbow Hawaii plates? It must be an interesting story how it got there.
FlyinHawaiian and Explorer520 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.