Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Hertz President's Circle Member Experiences (2017-Onward)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hertz President's Circle Member Experiences (2017-Onward)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 26, 2018, 6:57 pm

Programs: Hertz PC, National Executive Elite, Marriott Platinum, Chase Sapphire Reserve, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by FlyinHawaiian
Were you ok with not getting an upgrade to a Premium? I rented from the Harborside HLE on Monday with a Fullsize reserved and I would have been happy with a Malibu as well. I was even happier with the G 2018 Chevy Impala V-6 LT with 6,400 miles and working Sirius/XM they gave me.
isnt the one class free upgrade capped at fullsize?
cestmoi123 likes this.
Old Dec 26, 2018, 7:27 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Ah, that's right. They changed the policy a few years ago and capped it at full-size. I believe before that, full-size to premium was the highest complimentary upgrade.
cestmoi123 and Joonydell like this.
Old Dec 27, 2018, 9:08 am

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National Exec
Originally Posted by FlyinHawaiian
Were you ok with not getting an upgrade to a Premium? I rented from the Harborside HLE on Monday with a Fullsize reserved and I would have been happy with a Malibu as well. I was even happier with the G 2018 Chevy Impala V-6 LT with 6,400 miles and working Sirius/XM they gave me.
Since upgrades past F aren't part of the PC benefits, I was entirely ok with not getting an upgrade. Certainly would have been happy to take an Impala (which I also like), but would also have been happy if they had given me a Dream Car and not charged me.
Old Dec 27, 2018, 10:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K - 2MM, Lifetime Hilton Diamond, Lifetime Marriott Platinum Elite, Hertz President's Circle
At Hertz locations that do not have the President's Circle selection area and occasionally I find that I have received an upgrade, maybe 25%-35% of the time. I always rent a Full size sedan but there are times I get upgraded to the smallest SUV on the lot. If I wanted an SUV I would have rented it. My profile states Full-Size, 4-Door. It seems to me there are times when the Hertz location is simply trying to unload a small SUV on me believing that I will think this is an upgrade. Almost every time this happens they find me a car in the class I rented. While I appreciate the upgrade (don't expect one) why outside of the class of car that was rented or what's on my profile?
Old Dec 27, 2018, 1:59 pm

Originally Posted by RobotDoctor
At Hertz locations that do not have the President's Circle selection area and occasionally I find that I have received an upgrade, maybe 25%-35% of the time. I always rent a Full size sedan but there are times I get upgraded to the smallest SUV on the lot. If I wanted an SUV I would have rented it. My profile states Full-Size, 4-Door. It seems to me there are times when the Hertz location is simply trying to unload a small SUV on me believing that I will think this is an upgrade. Almost every time this happens they find me a car in the class I rented. While I appreciate the upgrade (don't expect one) why outside of the class of car that was rented or what's on my profile?
For a lot of people, a midsize SUV is preferred over a fullsize sedan. I'm not one of them, but they're certainly out there. You can have the PC desk add a comment to your profile to the effect of "no B4/Q4, prefers sedans," just call in and ask. I had one in my profile many moons ago when they kept upgrading me to Crown Vics from fullsize. It was clearly an upgrade, and I think the locations were genuinely trying to do something nice, but I hated those boats with a passion.
Old Dec 27, 2018, 3:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K - 2MM, Lifetime Hilton Diamond, Lifetime Marriott Platinum Elite, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by cestmoi123
For a lot of people, a midsize SUV is preferred over a fullsize sedan. I'm not one of them, but they're certainly out there. You can have the PC desk add a comment to your profile to the effect of "no B4/Q4, prefers sedans," just call in and ask. I had one in my profile many moons ago when they kept upgrading me to Crown Vics from fullsize. It was clearly an upgrade, and I think the locations were genuinely trying to do something nice, but I hated those boats with a passion.
I really disliked the previous generation of Impala and requested that model not be rented to me. For some reason the comment is still in my profile even though I have asked to have it removed since I like this generation Impala. I can always request a sedan when the complimentary upgrade happens. Every once in a Blue Moon I will take the SUV.
Old Dec 28, 2018, 6:31 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by RobotDoctor
I really disliked the previous generation of Impala and requested that model not be rented to me. For some reason the comment is still in my profile even though I have asked to have it removed since I like this generation Impala. I can always request a sedan when the complimentary upgrade happens. Every once in a Blue Moon I will take the SUV.
I don't like the dashboard design in the Impala nor its fit-and-finish. No wonder General Motors is ending production. There aren't any significant differences, except maybe a better engine and slightly better leather, between the Chevrolet Impala and the Cadillac sedan. Even many of the interior nobs and buttons are the same. By contrast, the fit-and-finish on the Chrysler 300 and even the Dodge Charger is much, much better.
m907 likes this.
Old Dec 28, 2018, 8:55 am

Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
I don't like the dashboard design in the Impala nor its fit-and-finish. No wonder General Motors is ending production. There aren't any significant differences, except maybe a better engine and slightly better leather, between the Chevrolet Impala and the Cadillac sedan. Even many of the interior nobs and buttons are the same. By contrast, the fit-and-finish on the Chrysler 300 and even the Dodge Charger is much, much better.
Different strokes, I guess. I much prefer the Impala's interior, both in terms of design and materials, to the 300's. The Impala is also wildly better looking.
Old Dec 28, 2018, 2:25 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Different strokes, I guess. I much prefer the Impala's interior, both in terms of design and materials, to the 300's. The Impala is also wildly better looking.
I agree that the Impala's exterior has a better design, but the interior, particularly the cockpit, of the Chrysler 300 feels more spacious. The armrests, both in the center and the driver's door, are wider and more comfortable for longer drives. The dashboard monitor is bigger, too.
Old Dec 29, 2018, 3:15 am

I've just never found GM interior design particularly attractive. GM infotainment is ugly (though the newest version looks a lot better), the fonts they use on the infotainment and buttons is dated, the Impala's steering wheel is even ugly. I think the 300 beats it in almost every way, inside and out.

And of course the Impala's fatal flaw, like the Maxima's, is that it's FWD only. I don't think you can credibly call a car premium or luxury or sporty if you can't even get RWD or AWD.
Old Jan 5, 2019, 3:39 pm

When does the PC status reset? I received PC through a CDP back in late 2017. Wondering if my status will be downgraded since I didn't rent as many to maintain the PC status.
Old Jan 5, 2019, 4:38 pm

Programs: Hertz PC, National Executive Elite, Marriott Platinum, Chase Sapphire Reserve, HH Diamond
it is usually valid until December 31 of the following year.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 11:25 am

Programs: IHG Plat, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
Same here. I am still PC status as of today.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 1:47 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, HH DIA, Hertz PC, GE + Pre✓, Amazon Super Special Prime
Originally Posted by biocean
Same here. I am still PC status as of today.
Originally Posted by iamalexchung
When does the PC status reset? I received PC through a CDP back in late 2017. Wondering if my status will be downgraded since I didn't rent as many to maintain the PC status.
Wondering if they will roll the roster and weed out those like yourselves. Or you may have stumbled into a rip in the time-space-status continuum and are good to go for a long time!

Please update if you're downgraded. You might be able to status match back to PC with another Elite status you hold in another program. Cursory google search will give you the details
Old Jan 9, 2019, 8:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
New president circle member

Just joined a new firm and status matched to hertz’s top tier. I was a national exec. I’m renting my first car from hertz tomorrow at IAH. Do I just grab a car from the specified aisle like National?

Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.