Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Hertz President's Circle Member Experiences (2017-Onward)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hertz President's Circle Member Experiences (2017-Onward)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2018, 6:40 am

Programs: AA ExPlat, Marriott Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by AutoSlash
They only update status monthly. It depends on where you are in the monthly cycle when you complete your 20th rental. It could be as little as 1 day to update or as many as 31. Don't waste time calling customer service as they have no way of forcing the status through (I speak from experience here). You just have to wait it out.
Originally Posted by aacar
I'm not sure that's true - see here: "Tier upgrades will be executed daily."
I completed my 20th rental on 8/6 and became PC on 8/7, so it doesn't make sense that some who completed 20 rentals on 8/2 would still be 5*.
Well, perhaps nothing but a data point. I'm now showing 21 rentals completed in the app. Still 5*
Old Aug 14, 2018, 9:03 pm

Programs: Delta PM
Originally Posted by acjflyer
Hertz LIS

Had booked one of the smallest car categories available (A - Opel Adam or similar, 2-3-door, manual transmission) for a 10-day one-way from Lisbon airport to Faro airport, and was upgraded to a W Category (Special, Economy Elite). Ended up with a three-month-old Mini Clubman One with automatic transmission and about 4000 km on it. Very happy with the upgrade especially given that Hertz Portugal is a licensee. For any Gold members renting from Lisbon airport, you can go directly to the garage and there is a dedicated counter.
Hertz is the only company to rent from in LIS if you can use Gold serivce. otherwise, you will have an hour or more wait in line with all the other companies.
Old Aug 15, 2018, 5:20 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton ♦ , Hyatt Carbonado, Wyndham ♦, Marriott PE, "Stinking Bum" elsewhere.
Originally Posted by AutoSlash
They only update status monthly. It depends on where you are in the monthly cycle when you complete your 20th rental. It could be as little as 1 day to update or as many as 31. Don't waste time calling customer service as they have no way of forcing the status through (I speak from experience here). You just have to wait it out.
I have been booking a lot of AutoSlash cars lately and took the "Pay Now" rate with you for my next Hertz rental.
As a PC, will I still get an upgrade with this kind of rental?

Thanks for your help!
Old Aug 17, 2018, 6:13 pm

Programs: Hertz PC
Whether you Pay Now or Pay Later doesn't make a difference. My last rental was a pay now and got a PC upgrade.
Old Aug 18, 2018, 11:21 am

Booked a compact in St. Louis (pick up at a HLE in St. Louis County and drop off at STL). I was given a Nissan Versa with 26k miles. I asked about the confirmed upgrade and was upgraded to a Q50 with 46k miles, schmutz on the touch screen, dirty carpets and really loud tires. Notwithstanding the issues the car had I was still very happy with the upgrade. At $49 total for two days it was about the same cost as taking Uber back to the airport.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 11:05 am

I'm a PC and just this morning picked up a Dodge Challenger R/T from LAX with 25k miles which was available with lots of other decent cars in the Ultimate Choice area.
I've picked up dozens of cars in LAX Ultimate Choice, most of which have had Satellite Radio and I've never been charged extra for it, until this morning. This morning I was offered my rental agreement by email instead of printed at the exit gate (this is the first time that has been offered), as I've always previously had a printed agreement, I typically check those briefly before driving away but they've never contained any 'add-ons' so I figured with the choice I'd save a tree and take the email version. After arriving at my destination I checked my email and see that they've added a $8 a day charge for the Satellite Radio.

Anyone else had this experience? It seems like Ultimate Choice selections shouldn't have hidden charges when you get to the exit gate, and this is the first time they've hit me with it, am I just being taken advantage of because I opted for an emailed rental agreement that I wouldn't be able to check until I'd left or should I really have been paying for this option on all of the other cars I've picked up? What's the best contact method/number to use to challenge this?
Old Aug 20, 2018, 11:41 am

Originally Posted by PostmanPat47
I'm a PC and just this morning picked up a Dodge Challenger R/T from LAX with 25k miles which was available with lots of other decent cars in the Ultimate Choice area.
I've picked up dozens of cars in LAX Ultimate Choice, most of which have had Satellite Radio and I've never been charged extra for it, until this morning. This morning I was offered my rental agreement by email instead of printed at the exit gate (this is the first time that has been offered), as I've always previously had a printed agreement, I typically check those briefly before driving away but they've never contained any 'add-ons' so I figured with the choice I'd save a tree and take the email version. After arriving at my destination I checked my email and see that they've added a $8 a day charge for the Satellite Radio.

Anyone else had this experience? It seems like Ultimate Choice selections shouldn't have hidden charges when you get to the exit gate, and this is the first time they've hit me with it, am I just being taken advantage of because I opted for an emailed rental agreement that I wouldn't be able to check until I'd left or should I really have been paying for this option on all of the other cars I've picked up? What's the best contact method/number to use to challenge this?
Just completed a rental from SAN PC section this weekend. Picked a Maxima with satelite radio but no extra charges upon leaving and returning.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 2:44 am

Originally Posted by PostmanPat47

I'd start with the regular contact form on their website. They usually respond within a couple days.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 4:50 am

Regarding the one-class upgrade for PC, up to full size: How are mid-size vs standard-size SUV folded into that? Are those categories already both considered above full-size, and therefore no upgrade would apply; or should I as PC expect to get a standard SUV when I book a mid-size?
Old Aug 21, 2018, 5:26 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Originally Posted by matt85
Are those categories already both considered above full-size, and therefore no upgrade would apply?
Yes.
matt85 likes this.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 2:29 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Hertz TVC Airport
August 2018
I booked a full-size and received a text message a full 24 hours ahead of a Saturday arrival, indicating I had been pre-assigned to a Lincoln Continental. It was fully loaded and quite nice, except no sunroof.
m907 likes this.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 2:45 pm

Today - booked a midsize at SNA. This is only my 2nd Hertz rental this year as I have moved basically everything over to National (corp contract gives me the same price for both, and I get to choose). Received my Carfirmation email when my plane landed - upgraded to a 2018 Mercedes CLA45 AMG. Satellite is enabled.

Not a bad little car, despite the fact that I am not a huge Merc fan. Especially not bad for our $38/day corporate rate. It's a shame that I am only in town for 6 hours today...
Old Aug 21, 2018, 2:54 pm
Suspended

Programs: DeltaPrivateJet, Ritz PP, Delta 4 million miler - Flying Colonel; AA Exec Plat (3 million + USAir)
What is the difference between platinum and president's circle? I know with platinum they pick you up at airport
Old Aug 21, 2018, 3:37 pm

Originally Posted by BeatCal
What is the difference between platinum and president's circle? I know with platinum they pick you up at airport
To the best of my knowledge, Platinum is invitation-only, though it used to be available for purchase. Seems like it was something ridiculous like $1200/year?

These were the benefits from 5 years ago, when it was still for sale:

Guaranteed vehicle availability worldwide

– Guaranteed vehicle upgrades

– Personalized concierge service on every rental

– Private car service back to your departure terminal

– A four-hour grace period on your returns

– Complimentary Hertz Platinum benefits for a spouse or domestic partner

– Exclusive savings on Hertz Prestige and Adrenaline Collection vehicles

– Complimentary extras such as ski racks and child car seats

– 25% Bonus on Hertz Gold Plus RewardsTM Points

– 675 Points after every 15 qualifying Hertz rentals
Old Aug 21, 2018, 8:53 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA Plat, Marriott Ambassador/Lifetime Plat, Hilton Diamond
How long does it normally take for PC to "change" on your account? I'm on rental #23 for the year and still listed as Five Star...

Hertz IT is pretty terrible compared to airlines and hotels I'm finding

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.