Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Hertz President's Circle Member Experiences (2017-Onward)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hertz President's Circle Member Experiences (2017-Onward)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1, 2018, 1:22 am

Originally Posted by miadeals
I have a question in general....how do they know what they've put in PC and what they've put in a space to be assigned (at large airports at least)? What prevents you from just going and grabbing literally any car on the lot anywhere and saying you found it in PC? I mean, if we have a PCAR reservation, can I take anything in PCAR, FCAR, the Gold lot or the PC lot? How do they know that SUV or LCAR I grabbed from a spot wasn't actually in PC and just drive it to the exit? Anyone try this?
once I went to the gate and the receipt said the car I took was in a PC spot. They probably scan the barcode before they bring it to the lot with the tier they're placing it in. But I doubt they do it consistently on busy days and there are probably mixups. YMMV, I wouldn't recommend it though.
Old Jun 1, 2018, 6:15 am

Programs: United 1K, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite, Hertz President's Circle
I have a question in general....how do they know what they've put in PC and what they've put in a space to be assigned (at large airports at least)? What prevents you from just going and grabbing literally any car on the lot anywhere and saying you found it in PC? I mean, if we have a PCAR reservation, can I take anything in PCAR, FCAR, the Gold lot or the PC lot? How do they know that SUV or LCAR I grabbed from a spot wasn't actually in PC and just drive it to the exit? Anyone try this?
when the car is returned, it goes through the cleaning/refueling process. The porter checks the car in there with a barcode and the system tells them where the car should be once completed. The porter scans the car again once placed in the specific location.

FYI, the above is how I’ve seen it work at LGA. One time I was there and there wasn’t anything eventful in PC and something had just moved up to the refueling station and I asked the porter if it would be going into PC. He grabbed the printed receipt, scanned it and said that no, it was to go to a reserved spot.

It is tracked in their system.
m907 likes this.
Old Jun 1, 2018, 6:43 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Sounds like border line grand theft.
Old Jun 1, 2018, 6:45 am

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Formerly Starbucks Gold
in DTW they park it, then go to a machine at the end of the aisles between cars and enter the information into it.
Old Jun 4, 2018, 5:49 pm

LAS

I've rented ~21 vehicles in as many days from KLAS and have had a pretty decent experience. The 'lowest' car I received was today, and it was a Maxima with about 1000 miles. The PC and 5* lots were completely empty except for the lone Maxima -- which is very strange out here.

So far, I've received multiples of the Jag XE, C-class Merc, and Caddys, as well as a smattering of Chargers, and a few large SUVs (Fords or Inifinitis) for when I needed them. All-in-all, I'm pleased with the service. For an average of $22/day all-in, I'm rather happy that I chose to see if this was tenable.

Unnecessary longer story: Two of my beautiful baby bimmers were destroyed in separate no-fault accidents in the span of two weeks. X6M got taken out by a drunk driver, and 335i convertible was destroyed by a wheel & tire that flew off a truck and crushed the front end. Instead of running out and getting another vehicle, I ran the numbers on renting vs. owning, and came to the realization that if I chose to do this every morning instead, I could rack up some serious savings and enjoy a little variety. Living less than ten minutes from McCarran and owning my own business creates some obvious flexibility, but all in all I'd say PC has been good to me. The 4 hour Amex Plat grace period is a nice bonus, as well, and after I read an article about an attorney out here who did the same thing and racked up a few million miles... well, why not? Oh, and the 'local edition' Hertz that's a mile away (within biking distance) is phenomenal - they'll occasionally take a car off my hands or swap it out if I want, without having to go to the airport center. Their manager even offered to drive me home on days that I want to return the car there, which I suppose shows how vastly different experiences can be with the local centers.
Gammur likes this.
Old Jun 4, 2018, 8:34 pm
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

Originally Posted by GeoBau
I've rented ~21 vehicles in as many days from KLAS and have had a pretty decent experience. The 'lowest' car I received was today, and it was a Maxima with about 1000 miles. The PC and 5* lots were completely empty except for the lone Maxima -- which is very strange out here.

So far, I've received multiples of the Jag XE, C-class Merc, and Caddys, as well as a smattering of Chargers, and a few large SUVs (Fords or Inifinitis) for when I needed them. All-in-all, I'm pleased with the service. For an average of $22/day all-in, I'm rather happy that I chose to see if this was tenable.

Unnecessary longer story: Two of my beautiful baby bimmers were destroyed in separate no-fault accidents in the span of two weeks. X6M got taken out by a drunk driver, and 335i convertible was destroyed by a wheel & tire that flew off a truck and crushed the front end. Instead of running out and getting another vehicle, I ran the numbers on renting vs. owning, and came to the realization that if I chose to do this every morning instead, I could rack up some serious savings and enjoy a little variety. Living less than ten minutes from McCarran and owning my own business creates some obvious flexibility, but all in all I'd say PC has been good to me. The 4 hour Amex Plat grace period is a nice bonus, as well, and after I read an article about an attorney out here who did the same thing and racked up a few million miles... well, why not? Oh, and the 'local edition' Hertz that's a mile away (within biking distance) is phenomenal - they'll occasionally take a car off my hands or swap it out if I want, without having to go to the airport center. Their manager even offered to drive me home on days that I want to return the car there, which I suppose shows how vastly different experiences can be with the local centers.
Sorry to hear about your babies. I have a 335i Convertible as well so I feel for you.

I too rely heavily on my Hertz PC status and UC. I recently got a brand new (29 miles on the odo) Jeep Wrangler Unlimited from LGA and am enjoying it. I was curious about your comment regarding Amex Plat 4-hour grace period and an attorney racking up a few million miles. I wasn't sure what one had to do with the other?
Old Jun 5, 2018, 5:26 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver

$22 a day? Wow. How much are you saving? Are you crediting to Hertz for points or to an airline for miles?
Old Jun 6, 2018, 12:13 am

Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
Sounds like border line grand theft.
LOL
Old Jun 6, 2018, 7:48 am

When making a reservation as a Hertz Platinum (or PC which I assume is similar), is there any anecdotal evidence that one is more likely to get an upgrade to Luxury with a reservation for a Premium vs. Full Size car?

For our last three reservations, I reserved Premium and requested a Cadillac XTS, which was given each time. The price difference this time is enough to consider just reserving a Full Size, but with the same upgrade request.

Are our chances better with a Premium reservation or does it not really matter since it is based on availability anyway? This is MCO if it matters.
Old Jun 6, 2018, 9:38 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by SusanDK
When making a reservation as a Hertz Platinum (or PC which I assume is similar), is there any anecdotal evidence that one is more likely to get an upgrade to Luxury with a reservation for a Premium vs. Full Size car?

For our last three reservations, I reserved Premium and requested a Cadillac XTS, which was given each time. The price difference this time is enough to consider just reserving a Full Size, but with the same upgrade request.

Are our chances better with a Premium reservation or does it not really matter since it is based on availability anyway? This is MCO if it matters.
It depends on the branch. At my local airport branch, I always book a full-size and receive either a Chevy Impala, Chrysler 300, Ford Expedition, or Cadillac XTS. Once, I received a Ford Mustang. I do about 20 rentals a year with them.
SusanDK likes this.
Old Jun 6, 2018, 3:54 pm

Huh? u paid $22 for Intermediate and "received multiples of the Jag XE, C-class Merc, and Caddys, as well as a smattering of Chargers, and a few large SUVs (Fords or Inifinitis) for when I needed them." All from Intermediate rental? WOW.
Old Jun 7, 2018, 1:07 pm

Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
It depends on the branch. At my local airport branch, I always book a full-size and receive either a Chevy Impala, Chrysler 300, Ford Expedition, or Cadillac XTS. Once, I received a Ford Mustang. I do about 20 rentals a year with them.
Wow, that is lucky at an HLE. Im happy if I get an Fcar with under 20k on it and not a hyundai.

Ive gotten to bribing them by promising good reviews and making them write their name on the review receipt. Got me an XTS twice. I did 5 rentals in one month, they couldn’t care less!
Old Jun 7, 2018, 1:14 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National Exec
Originally Posted by george2
Huh? u paid $22 for Intermediate and "received multiples of the Jag XE, C-class Merc, and Caddys, as well as a smattering of Chargers, and a few large SUVs (Fords or Inifinitis) for when I needed them." All from Intermediate rental? WOW.
With Ultimate Choice and President's Club status, entirely possible, particularly at LAS, which tends to have a pretty good selection.
Old Jun 7, 2018, 1:15 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Formerly Starbucks Gold

I hope you're using the United current promo. I get 2,750 miles a rental right now (not as good as when it was 5,250). It's also per rental, so 21*2,750 for me would have been 57,750 miles. That's a pretty nice trip right there.
Old Jun 7, 2018, 8:15 pm

Yeah, I'm lucky to have the LAS location right there - Almost always an excellent selection of vehicles before ~11am.
Originally Posted by AutoSlash
Sorry to hear about your babies. I have a 335i Convertible as well so I feel for you.

I too rely heavily on my Hertz PC status and UC. I recently got a brand new (29 miles on the odo) Jeep Wrangler Unlimited from LGA and am enjoying it. I was curious about your comment regarding Amex Plat 4-hour grace period and an attorney racking up a few million miles. I wasn't sure what one had to do with the other?
My apologies - I'm a bit of a 'stream of consciousness' writer. The 4-hour grace period is great since I have some flexibility with bookings, and the guy who racked up the miles out here is kind of my spirit animal.

I'm currently using the United promo to rent, so far I believe I've accrued about 45k in the last month.

G

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Jun 8, 2018 at 5:11 am Reason: consecutive posts merged

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.