Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Hertz President's Circle Member Experiences (2017-Onward)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hertz President's Circle Member Experiences (2017-Onward)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 2017, 9:19 am

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National Exec
Originally Posted by UK Stages
i suppose it is entirely possible that a couple of thousand cars were puked in or wrecked or a couple of thousand customers showed up early or returned their vehicles late or the entire cleaning crew was in some sort of meeting that lasted so long that 1800 - 2000 cars were backed up, awaiting cleaning.
The backup wouldn't have to be nearly that large. The backup would have to be that large for there to be no cars for ANYONE. Looks like, based on your description, that with a few dozen more cars, they would have been OK.
Old Oct 19, 2017, 9:21 am

Originally Posted by KenTarmac
They also stock more domestics which is important to me.
Domestics as in Hondas made in Ohio or Chevrolets made in Canada/Mexico?
Old Oct 19, 2017, 9:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by UK Stages
i suppose it is entirely possible that a couple of thousand cars were puked in or wrecked or a couple of thousand customers showed up early or returned their vehicles late or the entire cleaning crew was in some sort of meeting that lasted so long that 1800 - 2000 cars were backed up, awaiting cleaning.

it's not very plausible, though.

and it's entirely possible that their inventory management system broke down and allowed them to overbook to a ridiculous degree, but that would be contrary to what the staff said: "it's a normal monday."
Your point is valid, and preferred customers shouldn't have to wait for a car (in fact, no one should), but it wouldn't take a couple thousand cars out of service to create a line 10 people long. If the lot normally has 50 cars on it at any given time on a busy business travel day, you just to be 50 cars behind to have zero cars on the lot.

And on the contrary, that would be a very sustainable business model, were it not for competitors who offer better service. Having zero cars on the lot and a line out the door means the rental company is absolutely maximizing fleet utilization. A car sitting on the lot is not generating any revenue. Cars on the road are. Having 100% fleet utilization is probably the most sustainable business model for any rental car company.

The only thing keeping it in check is the fact that if you make the experience too unpleasant for customers, they'll desert you for the competition that doesn't...
cestmoi123 likes this.
Old Oct 19, 2017, 12:32 pm

Programs: Pre✓, Delta DM, Hilton LT Diamond, Mariott Plat, PC Gold, National EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by cestmoi123
Domestics as in Hondas made in Ohio or Chevrolets made in Canada/Mexico?
Yes, I'm well aware the line is blurred. FWIW, I still prefer my personal, and rental cars to have legacy domestic names.
Old Oct 27, 2017, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Was pleasantly surprised...ok, more like shocked....to find a brand new Cadillac CTS in the President Circle choice area at EWR this week.

Nice ride.
CMK10 likes this.
Old Nov 1, 2017, 10:11 pm

Programs: UA Platnium, TK Elite Plus
If one has President's Circle status, does that still apply if I book through an OTA. Basically, Priceline (not bid for a car but normal search) has the best rate but I want to be able to take advantage of my wife being a free additional driver. Does anyone have experience with this as Hertz customer support said that you have to book through their website for this to apply? Thanks.

(Hopefully, this question has not been answered here. I did run a few searches.)
Old Nov 1, 2017, 10:43 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by ddrum2000
If one has President's Circle status, does that still apply if I book through an OTA. Basically, Priceline (not bid for a car but normal search) has the best rate but I want to be able to take advantage of my wife being a free additional driver. Does anyone have experience with this as Hertz customer support said that you have to book through their website for this to apply? Thanks.

(Hopefully, this question has not been answered here. I did run a few searches.)
Sure. Does with the AAA website for me when they sometimes have rates lower than Hertz.com. You can put your Gold # in on Priceline so that's all that is needed.
Old Nov 1, 2017, 10:50 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Didn't get a Carfirmation before my rental today at LAX (booked an IPAR, took a PFAR at PC). I mentioned it at the gate. Agent told me it actually makes it easier for her since she doesn't have to swap out vehicles in the system.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 12:28 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
AKL-WLG booked E and got a Rav4

CHC-ZQN booked E and got a Holden Captiva with 16 km on the odometer
jackal likes this.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 2:03 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Dusseldorf Hbf - Booked Q6
Received Q6.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 4:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Mission Viejo (CA) HLE

Mrs. Swede got PC status through the LH SEN PC code promo.

Booked: Toyota Corolla
Received: the oldest and most beat-up Hyundai Elantra in the fleet.

The seats were stained, and there were several deep scratches on the body. When Mrs. Swede complained, the HLE employee shrugged her shoulders and said that was all they had. When she returned the car to the HLE in Newport Beach the next day, she registered a complaint. The HLE employee apologized profusely and took $15 off her rental.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 9:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by pseudoswede
Mission Viejo (CA) HLE

Mrs. Swede got PC status through the LH SEN PC code promo.

Booked: Toyota Corolla
Received: the oldest and most beat-up Hyundai Elantra in the fleet.

The seats were stained, and there were several deep scratches on the body. When Mrs. Swede complained, the HLE employee shrugged her shoulders and said that was all they had. When she returned the car to the HLE in Newport Beach the next day, she registered a complaint. The HLE employee apologized profusely and took $15 off her rental.
Par for the course for an HLE, IME. I haven't figured out whether Hertz sends trainee managers to work at HLEs, whether they send all the failure/reject managers to HLEs for one last shot before firing them, or whether they outsource management of HLEs to Payless.

FWIW, my three recent experiences:

Pittsburgh HLE: booked CCAR, received beyond-beat-up Hyundai Sonata with 45,000 miles and a 3/4 tank of fuel, which--despite me going back inside and informing the agent--I received a $45 charge for upon returning (returned after hours), which took some time and effort to call and get fixed.

YYZ: booked CCAR, received decently clean Sentra with a gauge indicating 7/8. I informed agent, and he assured me that Sentras just read low. I stopped at a gas station just off airport and it clicked off at 1L; I really squeezed the heck out of it to get 4L into the tank; gauge was still under F (so agent actually was correct). Returned after-hours to HLE downtown and wrote note on jacket informing them that the tank was really full. Still got hit with a $22 fuel charge. Had to call and get that one fixed.

Toronto HLE: booked CCAR, received Versa. Clean and full (for once!). Would have pushed for my upgrade, but 500km+ worth of driving to do, so good fuel economy was a plus. Still in car; crossing fingers I don't get a fuel fee upon return.
Old Nov 14, 2017, 11:41 am

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
First time doing one with Ultimate Choice for SFO-MRY. Was mostly SUVs, a few Toyota/Kia things so I took the 300 because I wanted to drive a boat.
Old Nov 14, 2017, 6:57 pm

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
First rental as PC in MUC. Booked C, got C.
Second rental as PC in HNL. Booked Q6, got Q6.
MCO was Sixt where my Plat got me double up to A Mercedes GLC300 at cheaper than a Hertz C group.
Not impreseed with PC so far.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 6:44 am

Originally Posted by Tafflyer
First rental as PC in MUC. Booked C, got C.
Second rental as PC in HNL. Booked Q6, got Q6.
MCO was Sixt where my Plat got me double up to A Mercedes GLC300 at cheaper than a Hertz C group.
Not impreseed with PC so far.
PC's most helpful at locations that have Ultimate Choice, or if you're booking something where PC is supposed to get you an upgrade (which Q6 isn't).

That said, if you have Sixt Plat, I'd go with Sixt where they're available and price-competitive.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.