Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Hertz President's Circle Member Experiences (2017-Onward)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hertz President's Circle Member Experiences (2017-Onward)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2017, 1:34 pm

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Ambassador Platinum
One day rental from SeaTac last Friday and was given a choice of a Mercedes CLA or Jaguar something or another in the President's circle section. Went for the Mercedes with ~2k miles on it. Nice drive
Old Apr 30, 2017, 2:02 pm

Programs: AA EXP, BA GGL/CCR, AMEX Cent, HHonours Diamond, Marriott Tit, Hertz PC
LAX

Reserved a Jeep Cherokee for 3 days

Received a new GLE350 with a good amount of options and only 5 miles on the odometer. Had to remove plastic wrapping from the passenger seat belt. Certainly makes up for my last LAX experience, and this was just before they got Ultimate Choice
Old May 1, 2017, 12:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by platbrownguy
GEG (Spokane, WA), an independent licensee

Reserved a Premium, used a business rewards free day coupon. One-day rental.
Huh. I was under the impression that the Business Rewards free day coupons don't work at independent licensees. I've at least never had luck with them working at any that I've tried.

Licensees use their own computer systems. The coupon was probably treated as a manual adjustment (or perhaps even a voucher payment/direct bill to corporate) rather than a discount to the base rate. That would probably explain why the taxes didn't come off.
Old May 1, 2017, 7:20 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by jackal
Huh. I was under the impression that the Business Rewards free day coupons don't work at independent licensees. I've at least never had luck with them working at any that I've tried.

Licensees use their own computer systems. The coupon was probably treated as a manual adjustment (or perhaps even a voucher payment/direct bill to corporate) rather than a discount to the base rate. That would probably explain why the taxes didn't come off.
Yeah, I was surprised to see that it was a licensee when I made the booking. But these Overland West locations seem to be very close to "real" Hertzes -- they even award Hertz points like normal, although it took a few extra days (and receipts still aren't available online).
Old May 3, 2017, 9:17 pm

Programs: UA1K, HH Diamond, SPG Plat
Hertz Presidents Circle benefits include a 1 car upgrade in the US, Canada and select European locations. Does anyone know which European locations? In particular I will be renting a car at LHR.
Old May 4, 2017, 4:56 pm

Programs: All the best ones.
Originally Posted by mazzer
Hertz Presidents Circle benefits include a 1 car upgrade in the US, Canada and select European locations. Does anyone know which European locations? In particular I will be renting a car at LHR.
Most Hertz non-franchise airport locations are "select" and give a rental upgrade. Officially on A, B, C rental classes to the next class. This means if you book a D class or above, you are not officially entitled to a guaranteed upgrade, but might get one. If you do get a very nice vehicle upgrade, just be careful that it does not exceed your insurance liability limits.
Old May 5, 2017, 1:51 pm

Programs: Sixt DIA, Hertz PC, Europcar Elite VIP
Originally Posted by mazzer
Flughafenstationen in Europa (Brüssel, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Frankfurt, Hamburg, München, Stuttgart, Helsinki, Oulu, Rovaniemi, Turku, Paris Orly, Paris Charles de Gaulle, Marseille, Nizza, Toulouse, Lyon, Bordeaux, Athen, London Heathrow, London Gatwick, Manchester, Edinburgh, Birmingham, Dublin, Mailand Linate, Mailand Malpensa, Rom Fiumicino, Amsterdam, Wien, Lissabon, Madrid, Barcelona, Stockholm, Göteborg, Genf und Zürich) ein
(hertz.de)

but i also got lucky at other airports and city stations.
Old May 13, 2017, 3:04 pm

Programs: AF/KL FBPFL Ultimate, IHG Spire, HERTZ 5 stars
Dear Mazzer,
Used to US location, as PC I benefit of recurent upgrades (last to GMC Yukon see below pic)
But LHR is an other story, if you book a F vehicle you can't be given upgrade (after Kasia attendant poorly took care of my case, I get from manager there is a caviat saying that no upgrade above F vehicle)
Rgds
Old May 14, 2017, 1:24 am

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
At LAX I reserved a midsize SUV and they gave me a Range Rover Evoque which is a dinky little can. Also, what's the point of putting in arrival flight info if they can't see I'm 2h late?
Was never sent a follow up Carfirmation text saying they assigned this to someone else which meant sitting at the gate when trying to pull out because it wasn't in my name anymore.
Old May 14, 2017, 10:25 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by JVPhoto
At LAX I reserved a midsize SUV and they gave me a Range Rover Evoque which is a dinky little can. Also, what's the point of putting in arrival flight info if they can't see I'm 2h late?
Was never sent a follow up Carfirmation text saying they assigned this to someone else which meant sitting at the gate when trying to pull out because it wasn't in my name anymore.
You still had the option of selecting anything (I see your profile) from PC, 5*, Gold, Full Size or Midsize sections. They seem to like to put SUV's in the Full Size section as well as PC at LAX. Plus now that there are roving agents around the lot with wireless pads, they can change you to another vehicle just like in the Gold office.
Old May 14, 2017, 11:59 am

Originally Posted by CalItalian
You still had the option of selecting anything (I see your profile) from PC, 5*, Gold, Full Size or Midsize sections. They seem to like to put SUV's in the Full Size section as well as PC at LAX. Plus now that there are roving agents around the lot with wireless pads, they can change you to another vehicle just like in the Gold office.
We had a car seat reserved which was already in the car and with an agitated sister and hour last nap time nephew I just wanted to get us in and go lol. Especially after being 2h late.
Old May 14, 2017, 7:02 pm

Programs: UA1K, HH Diamond, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by chris635
Dear Mazzer,
Used to US location, as PC I benefit of recurent upgrades (last to GMC Yukon see below pic)
But LHR is an other story, if you book a F vehicle you can't be given upgrade (after Kasia attendant poorly took care of my case, I get from manager there is a caviat saying that no upgrade above F vehicle)
Rgds
Thanks. I booked an X vehicle - so it looks like I will not get an upgrade. At least I know what to expect.
Old May 15, 2017, 8:03 am

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National Exec
You'd really rather have had a Nissan Rogue vs. the Evoque?
Old May 15, 2017, 4:08 pm

Originally Posted by cestmoi123
You'd really rather have had a Nissan Rogue vs. the Evoque?
Is that what the mid-size would have been? I don't follow the categories that closely since I normally am either booking a car for just myself so I don't care or a suburban for 6 of us with skis gear etc.
This was my first time with a car seat, 3 adults and some suitcases.

I thoight the Evoque would be closer to my X6 but it is much smaller. I guess some people just want a "Range Rover" branded car.
Old May 15, 2017, 4:18 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National Exec
Is that what the mid-size would have been? I don't follow the categories that closely since I normally am either booking a car for just myself so I don't care or a suburban for 6 of us with skis gear etc.
This was my first time with a car seat, 3 adults and some suitcases.

I thoight the Evoque would be closer to my X6 but it is much smaller. I guess some people just want a "Range Rover" branded car.
"Flagship" vehicle for the midsize SUV is the Rogue. Rogue does have more cargo space than the Evoque (39 cubic ft vs. 20 with the seats up) and it's about a foot longer (but a couple of inches narrower). Your X6 has more space than the Evoque, but less than the Rogue.

Evoque is also about 60% more expensive than the Rogue.

This is one of those awkward cases where I imagine the large majority of renters would regard reserving a Rogue and getting an Evoque to be a nice upgrade. Unfortunately, your circumstances meant that it wasn't.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.