Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Hertz President's Circle Member Experiences (2017-Onward)

Hertz President's Circle Member Experiences (2017-Onward)

Old Dec 28, 18, 3:25 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond, Hertz President's Circle, Marriott Platinum Premier Ambassador, United Silver
Originally Posted by cestmoi123 View Post
Different strokes, I guess. I much prefer the Impala's interior, both in terms of design and materials, to the 300's. The Impala is also wildly better looking.
I agree that the Impala's exterior has a better design, but the interior, particularly the cockpit, of the Chrysler 300 feels more spacious. The armrests, both in the center and the driver's door, are wider and more comfortable for longer drives. The dashboard monitor is bigger, too.
Old Dec 29, 18, 4:15 am

Originally Posted by cestmoi123 View Post
Different strokes, I guess. I much prefer the Impala's interior, both in terms of design and materials, to the 300's. The Impala is also wildly better looking.
I've just never found GM interior design particularly attractive. GM infotainment is ugly (though the newest version looks a lot better), the fonts they use on the infotainment and buttons is dated, the Impala's steering wheel is even ugly. I think the 300 beats it in almost every way, inside and out.

And of course the Impala's fatal flaw, like the Maxima's, is that it's FWD only. I don't think you can credibly call a car premium or luxury or sporty if you can't even get RWD or AWD.
Old Jan 5, 19, 4:39 pm
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

When does the PC status reset? I received PC through a CDP back in late 2017. Wondering if my status will be downgraded since I didn't rent as many to maintain the PC status.
Old Jan 5, 19, 5:38 pm

Programs: Hertz PC, National Executive Elite, Marriott Platinum, Chase Sapphire Reserve, HH Diamond
it is usually valid until December 31 of the following year.
Old Jan 9, 19, 12:25 pm

Programs: IHG Plat, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
Same here. I am still PC status as of today.
Old Jan 9, 19, 2:47 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PLT 2MM, HH Diamond, Hertz PC, Nat'l Exec Elite, GE + Pre✓, Amazon Super Special Prime
Originally Posted by biocean View Post
Same here. I am still PC status as of today.
Originally Posted by iamalexchung View Post
When does the PC status reset? I received PC through a CDP back in late 2017. Wondering if my status will be downgraded since I didn't rent as many to maintain the PC status.
Wondering if they will roll the roster and weed out those like yourselves. Or you may have stumbled into a rip in the time-space-status continuum and are good to go for a long time!

Please update if you're downgraded. You might be able to status match back to PC with another Elite status you hold in another program. Cursory google search will give you the details
Old Jan 9, 19, 9:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, National Executive Elite, Hilton Diamond
New president circle member

Just joined a new firm and status matched to hertzís top tier. I was a national exec. Iím renting my first car from hertz tomorrow at IAH. Do I just grab a car from the specified aisle like National?

Thanks
Old Jan 9, 19, 10:55 pm

Programs: AA ConciergeKey, Hertz PC , Marriott Platinum + Ambassador
Great question! If you rented at least a mid-size car you can take any car from the Presidents Circle area (or any available car for that matter). Hereís to hoping you get something sharp with heated seats.

Don't forget that Hertz will soon start rolling out CLEAR verification for rentals - should speed things up. Only available in ATL currently. Keep an eye for that - pun intended 😉
enviroian, narvik and Joonydell like this.
Old Jan 10, 19, 11:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, National Executive Elite, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by tampatravel View Post
Great question! If you rented at least a mid-size car you can take any car from the Presidents Circle area (or any available car for that matter). Hereís to hoping you get something sharp with heated seats.

Don't forget that Hertz will soon start rolling out CLEAR verification for rentals - should speed things up. Only available in ATL currently. Keep an eye for that - pun intended 😉
Thanks for the info. Worked well at IAH today. Brand new GMC Terrain.
tampatravel and Joonydell like this.
Old Jan 11, 19, 2:26 pm

Programs: Pre✓, Delta PM, Hilton LT Diamond, Mariott Silver, PC Gold, National EE, Hertz PC
DFW

Reserved: Intermediate

Got: 2019 Chrysler 300S with ~1200 miles on it.

It was parked next to the "Premiums" but still on the PC side of the divider and didn't have the keys in it. I asked the agent who was working the lot about it and he located the keys in the office for me.

It''s a nice car in a hideous shade of battleship grey. Why Chrysler would paint anything this color is beyond me.

Last edited by KenTarmac; Jan 11, 19 at 2:34 pm
Old Jan 11, 19, 3:30 pm

Programs: Hertz Presidents Circle, National EE, Lots of Stupid CCs&The I Am Crazy Enough To Actually Pay For F
Originally Posted by KenTarmac View Post
DFW

Reserved: Intermediate

Got: 2019 Chrysler 300S with ~1200 miles on it.

It was parked next to the "Premiums" but still on the PC side of the divider and didn't have the keys in it. I asked the agent who was working the lot about it and he located the keys in the office for me.

It''s a nice car in a hideous shade of battleship grey. Why Chrysler would paint anything this color is beyond me.
If its the color I am thinking of with the black wheels I find it strangely attractive in a different way.
m907 likes this.
Old Jan 12, 19, 9:02 am

Programs: Delta Diamond, Hertz President's Circle, Marriott Platinum Premier Ambassador, United Silver
My Memphis experience:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/30642996-post3.html

I picked up a car today. I had reserved a full-size sedan.

No pre-arrival confirmation of your car. Instead, you get an email saying pick whatever you want from the President's Circle section, which is one long row of cars on each side. It's about a 15-minute walking from the gates, not including any time at baggage claim. The walk is partially outdoors.

Today the President's Circle rows had just about everything. A couple of Dodge trucks, a GMC Acadia, a half-dozen 2019 Chrysler 300 S sedans, a couple of Chevrolet Malibus, some vans and the like. I even spotted two Chevrolet Tahoes, one of which I was tempted to get. There were three Infiniti sedans in the premium, upgrade section.

In the end, I went with a black 300 S with seemingly all the options except a sunroof and navigation. Only 2,300 miles on it.

No water given at the exit gate.
Old Jan 12, 19, 11:16 am

Programs: Pre✓, Delta PM, Hilton LT Diamond, Mariott Silver, PC Gold, National EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by bmw745ion19s View Post
If its the color I am thinking of with the black wheels I find it strangely attractive in a different way.
That's the one.
bmw745ion19s and Joonydell like this.