Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Hertz President's Circle Member Experiences (2017-Onward)

Hertz President's Circle Member Experiences (2017-Onward)

Old Sep 1, 2018, 9:47 pm

Programs: SQ*PPS, QF-WP1 & LTG, VA-Gold, Marriott*LTT, Hilton*Gold, Accor*Platinum
Any recent experiences in Europe (e.g., Rome?)

Wondering if it's worth paying a 25-50EUR premium for the "opportunity to experiment" with President's Circle benefits.

Grazi
Old Sep 2, 2018, 10:05 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by shuuy
Any recent experiences in Europe (e.g., Rome?)

Wondering if it's worth paying a 25-50EUR premium for the "opportunity to experiment" with President's Circle benefits.

Grazi
I rarely get any upgrades worth writing about in Frankfurt/Dusseldorf. If lucky you get a Kuga SUV from a mid-size. Sometimes they give you an automatic from a reservation for a manual. Several years ago, they did give me a Jaguar XF on a BMW 3er reservation.

Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
Hertz Traverse City Airport (TVC)
August 2018
Booked a full-size for a 1-way from TVC to Flint; no car was assigned on arrival. They gave me a Chevrolet Suburban with 11,000 miles on it and all the bells and whistles because they had nothing but Chevrolet Malibu sedans.
They didn't have a Chevy Traverse?
Old Sep 18, 2018, 8:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt LT DM, Wyndham DM, Hertz PC, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
PC UC seems to just be becoming Buicks and 300C/S. Kind of disappointing. I had a slew of Inifiti/Caddy and now rarely see them there. They are all in the pay 25/day upgrades!
Old Sep 18, 2018, 8:11 am

Programs: United 1K, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by dinanm3atl
PC UC seems to just be becoming Buicks and 300C/S. Kind of disappointing. I had a slew of Inifiti/Caddy and now rarely see them there. They are all in the pay 25/day upgrades!
i believe that was sort of expected. They have a rollout with higher end cars and that slowly trails off after the program has been run in for a while. Though it still depends on your rental location, as there are still great cars to be found out there.

It it also depends on the fleet if the rental location, as they could be rotating their fleet out.

Either way, a Buick or 300 is an upgrade on an intermediate reservation, so I would be happy with either.
Old Sep 19, 2018, 4:31 am

I'd take a 300 C/S over an Infiniti any day...
Schweden likes this.
Old Sep 25, 2018, 4:57 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Hertz Flint (FNT) Airport
September 2018

No car pre-assigned. Front desk apologized, saying they didn't have the reservation ready for me when I arrived. I was offered a Chrysler 300 S with 10,000 miles on it. It was a nice car that seemed to have everything except a sunroof and heated steering wheel (it did, however, have heated seats).
Old Sep 26, 2018, 2:24 pm

I drove the 300S for the first time earlier this month. Is it normally a super bumpy ride? I had a 2018 300S, fully loaded and going every bump rocked the car quite a bit. I couldn't tell if bad suspensions or if that's just how the car rides.
Old Sep 27, 2018, 1:39 am

Originally Posted by iamalexchung
I drove the 300S for the first time earlier this month. Is it normally a super bumpy ride? I had a 2018 300S, fully loaded and going every bump rocked the car quite a bit. I couldn't tell if bad suspensions or if that's just how the car rides.
It has a suspension tuned to be stiffer and sportier so it does not absorb and diffuse bumps the way other cars would.
Old Sep 29, 2018, 9:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt LT DM, Wyndham DM, Hertz PC, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by m907
I'd take a 300 C/S over an Infiniti any day...
Opinions... IMO you are crazy. The Infiniti Q50/60 is better in every single way except trunk space and interior greenhouse. If those are your things then sure it is fine. The 300s ride like crap, they lack any quality technology and it's just a cheap car from Chrysler with some shine tacked on to make you feel like it is a luxury car.

Originally Posted by 91StealthES

i believe that was sort of expected. They have a rollout with higher end cars and that slowly trails off after the program has been run in for a while. Though it still depends on your rental location, as there are still great cars to be found out there.

It it also depends on the fleet if the rental location, as they could be rotating their fleet out.

Either way, a Buick or 300 is an upgrade on an intermediate reservation, so I would be happy with either.
Yes I expected it to an extent. There were so many options at the beginning that it seemed even if they tailored off the offerings it wouldn't get this bad. And sure an entry level Buick is 'better' than a Nissan Altima but that car is a badge tacked onto a general Altime/Corolla/Etc car. It's only an 'upgrade' because of the badge.

And the 300... I'll take literally anything over them. If it was a Dodge Ram truck or the 300 I'll take the Ram. And this isn't to say I haven't had some random good luck. At LAX I got a yellow SS Convertible. That was fun.

Originally Posted by iamalexchung
That's because it's a Dodge Magnum, sans wagon version, with leather interior. It's made by Chrysler. They can't make a car handle worth a damn... like ever. Except for the Viper. And that wasn't even that great. The Chrysler 300C/S is giant turd IMO.
Old Sep 30, 2018, 3:14 am

Opinions... IMO you are crazy. The Infiniti Q50/60 is better in every single way except trunk space and interior greenhouse. If those are your things then sure it is fine. The 300s ride like crap, they lack any quality technology and it's just a cheap car from Chrysler with some shine tacked on to make you feel like it is a luxury car.
Disagree. Infiniti managed to make a fast car boring with a steer by wire system. And have you used Nissan/Infiniti infotainment? It's gotta be the worst in the industry.
Old Sep 30, 2018, 9:53 am
Original Poster

Disagree. Infiniti managed to make a fast car boring with a steer by wire system. And have you used Nissan/Infiniti infotainment? It's gotta be the worst in the industry.
Yah. Everytime I get one. Never had a problem. Unlike every AppleCar Play in Chryslers and it randomly disconnecting all the time.

I'll take that over the horrible steering in any chrysler product. Sure I love my old BMWs and the direct feel to the steering but the 300s are something well at the bottom IMO. I get some people really love the 300s. I definitely am not one of them.
Old Sep 30, 2018, 10:10 am

Programs: National EE, Hertz PC
Steer by wire is great, it filters out road noise and makes the drive a lot more comfortable with less stress on your hands and arms. To each their own I guess.

I agree the infotainment system is trash - theyre supposedly redesigning for 2020/2021 models though.
Old Oct 1, 2018, 2:50 am

Originally Posted by jim32190

Steer by wire is great, it filters out road noise and makes the drive a lot more comfortable with less stress on your hands and arms. To each their own I guess.

I agree the infotainment system is trash - theyre supposedly redesigning for 2020/2021 models though.
Steer by wire is definitely more comfortable if you just want to get from A to B but it doesn't belong in a sports car.
KenTarmac likes this.
Old Oct 1, 2018, 11:10 am

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National Exec
It has a suspension tuned to be stiffer and sportier so it does not absorb and diffuse bumps the way other cars would.
Stiffer and sportier than a Barcalounger, yes, but I would never describe the suspension on the 300 as either stiff or sporty. If you're feeling every bump in that car, there's something wrong.
Old Oct 1, 2018, 11:54 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, HH DIA, Hertz PC, GE + Pre✓, Amazon Super Special Prime
Any experience on arriving 1 or 2 hours before your original reservation time? Headed into LAX and likely will catch an earlier flight, putting me in about 2 hours earlier than originally expected. Wondering if there is any up charge or issue with checking out of the lot in advance of the pre-set time.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.