Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Hertz President's Circle Member Experiences (2017-Onward)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2018, 10:54 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Will never by anything with airlines
Originally Posted by m907
That's strange. I assume you're talking about the Chevy Traverse? What exactly did the email say? The Traverse was just redesigned so maybe it's some sort of focus group testing.
Yes, the Chevy Traverse. Just had the rental, I received an email that said the offer was available:
"explorer84, thank you for reserving a vehicle with Hertz.
Congratulations, you are eligible for an upgrade to the all-new Chevrolet Traverse compliments of Chevrolet and Hertz* on reservation XXXX.
Please accept upgrade 24 hours prior to pick-up date."

I accepted it and received a second email confirming the upgrade about 48 hours before the rental. Knowing Hertz, I printed out the email and brought it with me. Of course, it only had "Pres Cir." next to my name and no reservation. Went to the front desk and they had to manually enter it - it appeared the desk was upgrading all PCs to Traverse for free if asked. They were pushing it, had a model traverse out front all opened up. Supposedly, GM can reach out to you and ask about your rental.

The SUV was great, highest trim level with free 4TE wifi.

This was at MCO, which has UC.
m907 likes this.
Old Mar 12, 2018, 11:20 pm

Originally Posted by explorer84
Yes, the Chevy Traverse. Just had the rental, I received an email that said the offer was available:
"explorer84, thank you for reserving a vehicle with Hertz.
Congratulations, you are eligible for an upgrade to the all-new Chevrolet Traverse compliments of Chevrolet and Hertz* on reservation XXXX.
Please accept upgrade 24 hours prior to pick-up date."

I accepted it and received a second email confirming the upgrade about 48 hours before the rental. Knowing Hertz, I printed out the email and brought it with me. Of course, it only had "Pres Cir." next to my name and no reservation. Went to the front desk and they had to manually enter it - it appeared the desk was upgrading all PCs to Traverse for free if asked. They were pushing it, had a model traverse out front all opened up. Supposedly, GM can reach out to you and ask about your rental.

The SUV was great, highest trim level with free 4TE wifi.

This was at MCO, which has UC.
Yeah GM must be footing the bill then. Post back here if GM does contact you and let us know what they say.
Old Mar 13, 2018, 11:35 am

Programs: AA EXP, HHonors LTDia, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by ALARISstl
Consider yourself lucky, so far this year, all I’ve seen in PC UC is mostly Altima, Sonata, Accent and Fusion.
That is my experience at IND. A whole herd of Altimas, Sonatas, Accents, and Fusions. The one Impala reeked of cigarette smoke.
Old Mar 13, 2018, 9:39 pm

Programs: UA 1K, TK E+, AS MVPG, SPG&Marriott Plat, HHD, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by TSparky
That is my experience at IND. A whole herd of Altimas, Sonatas, Accents, and Fusions. The one Impala reeked of cigarette smoke.
at least it was cigarette smoke. It has been my experience that >20k, impala, charger, altima or maxima correspond with cannabis smoke
Old Mar 13, 2018, 11:45 pm

Hi everyone, just wondering if anyone has any feedback on the following:

I have Hertz Presidents circle, but I booked a rental at LAX through Hotwire. It doesn't show in my hertz account until i put in the reservation number I got from hotwire. My booking is for a midsize SUV (q4). Will they be able to honor my status at the Hertz at LAX and would i get any upgrade options? thx
Old Mar 13, 2018, 11:55 pm
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

Was it a prepaid Hot Rate or a regular, non-prepaid retail rate? If the latter, you should be able to have them add your Gold number at the counter (or Gold booth, if the line is shorter) for full benefits. If the former, they may or may not be able to add the number, and I would doubt you'd get any benefits.

That said, the PC upgrade benefit is technically only up to a fullsize car, so if you've booked an SUV, you aren't really due any upgrade perks. Anything they do offer you would be by local employee/manager discretion.
Old Mar 14, 2018, 12:33 am

Originally Posted by AutoSlash
Was it a prepaid Hot Rate or a regular, non-prepaid retail rate? If the latter, you should be able to have them add your Gold number at the counter (or Gold booth, if the line is shorter) for full benefits. If the former, they may or may not be able to add the number, and I would doubt you'd get any benefits.

That said, the PC upgrade benefit is technically only up to a fullsize car, so if you've booked an SUV, you aren't really due any upgrade perks. Anything they do offer you would be by local employee/manager discretion.
yeah, it was a hot rate thing. but it was $50 less per day then the best rate on a midsize, including Autoslash and Costco, and like $100 less per day then Hertz. thanks for the quick response
Old Mar 18, 2018, 2:26 pm

Presidents circle - Confirmed one-car-class upgrade?

Does it always been Confirmed one-car-class upgrade for Presidents circle members?

If so, can you book a class less than what you minimally want and guaranteed to get at least what you minimally want?
Old Mar 18, 2018, 5:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Take a look here:

You have been warned.
Old Mar 19, 2018, 5:25 am
Moderator, Hertz; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1MM, BA GGL, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond and others
Originally Posted by TerryK
Take a look here:

You have been warned.
Threads merged.
Jason8612 - Hertz Mod
Old Mar 19, 2018, 4:15 pm

First year with PC status... have been pretty happy so far:

3/5: TPA - Infiniti Q50
2/14: AEX - Cadillac CTS (random airport I know - I was not expecting anything good here!)
2/1 : LOG - Mercedes SLC. This was pretty fun but the weather totally killed any serious driving.
Old Mar 20, 2018, 10:47 am

So I was able to get a PC upgrade at a Hertz Local edition back in February - Toyota Camry to Infiniti QX70. Here's to hoping the Local Edition comes through again next month! Rented an IFAR (Jeep Compass or similar).

If I am unable to get an upgrade via PC at a local edition, can I drive the car I would have over to the airport, get and upgrade there (STL), and still only pay my original IFAR fee? The local editions were $100 less than the airport for the rental period (three days).

Last edited by ajumbaje; Mar 20, 2018 at 12:06 pm
Old Mar 20, 2018, 3:12 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Formerly Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by ajumbaje
So I was able to get a PC upgrade at a Hertz Local edition back in February - Toyota Camry to Infiniti QX70. Here's to hoping the Local Edition comes through again next month! Rented an IFAR (Jeep Compass or similar).

If I am unable to get an upgrade via PC at a local edition, can I drive the car I would have over to the airport, get and upgrade there (STL), and still only pay my original IFAR fee? The local editions were $100 less than the airport for the rental period (three days).
Most certainly not.
Old Mar 20, 2018, 4:15 pm

Originally Posted by ajumbaje

Almost definitely not, because the local edition car is either owned or leased by the local edition franchise. Their cars aren't interchangeable like the corporate airport locations.
Old Mar 20, 2018, 5:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by m907
Almost definitely not, because the local edition car is either owned or leased by the local edition franchise. Their cars aren't interchangeable like the corporate airport locations.
Most HLEs are corporate, and you definitely can swap cars rented at another location. I've done it myself. (I haven't tried to do so at an Ultimate Choice location to see if they'll honor letting me choose from the PC aisle and thus get a nice upgrade, though.)

Hertz.com's Locations tab will tell you whether the HLE is corporate or an independent licensee.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.