Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Hertz President's Circle Member Experiences (2017-Onward)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hertz President's Circle Member Experiences (2017-Onward)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2018, 4:40 pm

Rented twice at LHR in 2 weeks. Both times got assigned the class that was booked as PC. When asked, no upgrade was available, except when I would pay for an upgrade.
Old Jan 29, 2018, 9:08 pm

Programs: AAexp, AC75k, HertzPC, NationalEE, Accor/MariottP, Hilton/HyattG
Ehh, I've been scoping out the Hertz parking lots when I have time for recently trips but pretty much done with Hertz after seeing their PC lots, and just their cars in general. National by far has the better fleet, better service, lower mileage cars, and selection of cars from the ES aisle compared to PC. Only reason I'd ever book Hertz now is if I want a Porsche, Range Rover, AMG, etc. Only this is Hertz is ALWAYS cheaper, sometimes by 50%... Still have rented National as I'm pretty much guaranteed a nice SUV for Canadian winters by booking mid size and going Aisle. Hertz, I'll probably get a Impala off a midsize booking with no ultimate choice.

Even the PC upgrade at $25 is more expensive than the premier upgrades that National has offered($10-$25).

I've been VERY impressed with Avis preferred lots, they are stacked with BMW's at the Canadian airports I've been to. Maybe this is the year to give them a shot...
Old Jan 30, 2018, 12:35 am

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
Hertz at LYS (Lyon) was unable to book a snow tire car online, I called in about 6 weeks before the rental and 10 days later was told it wasn't confirmed. Sixt I was able to do it all online. Walked up to the counter on the lot and took about 45 seconds to get my car and an upgrade from a 5 seater to a 7 seater Euro Ford S-Max.
I had only rented from Sixt before in KEF where they went out and inspected the entire car, including under with a mirror on a pole. Here I just gave them the keys they said Merci and I was on my way.
Old Jan 30, 2018, 12:31 pm

Programs: United 1K, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by KenTarmac
Ran into a similar experience on Sunday, Jan. 21 - Same location - same terminal. The PC lot was full of Camries, Nissan Altimas and Cheby Malibus, run of the mill cars that should be on the Five star and lower side, not filling up the PC row. I asked for something better and was told that all the good stuff was "reserved" and that there would be an up-charge for any of them. I informed them that I was there in November and was given a brand new VOLVO S90 - no up-charge. The said sorry, not today. So I waited about half an hour before one of the runners brought a Nissan Maxima over and I took that one. I get to work and one of my co-workers is driving one of the Hertz Mercedes GLC SUVs that he got from the PC isle at this location. ... Really Hertz? Come on now!

Very disappointing.
whats the problem? All the cars you listed were full size vehicles, which is all that an upgrade is “supposed” to get you. We all have got lucky and received a higher status car, but everything you mentioned were upgrades over a Midsize reservation.

It seems to me that you have your expectations too high. If you want something better than an Altima, then book that car class. The agent was probably right that all the premium cars were reserved, because people wanted those cars and they reserved them.

As weve all learned, it’s the luck of the draw with PC. Sometimes you get lucky, sometimes you don’t. If you are expecting a significant upgrade every rental, you are going to be sorely disappointed.

ive had great luck because I frequent the same locations and he staff know me. I am assuming that you are not a frequent renter, but have had a good experience in the past and have too high of expectations.

if the best option is a Cruze Premier edition after I’ve waited 5 minutes and nothing new suits my need better, I take the Cruze. I don’t get upset that I had a Camaro SS or Cadillac Escalade the prior week.
Old Jan 30, 2018, 6:40 pm

Originally Posted by 91StealthES

whats the problem? All the cars you listed were full size vehicles, which is all that an upgrade is “supposed” to get you. We all have got lucky and received a higher status car, but everything you mentioned were upgrades over a Midsize reservation.

It seems to me that you have your expectations too high. If you want something better than an Altima, then book that car class. The agent was probably right that all the premium cars were reserved, because people wanted those cars and they reserved them.

As weve all learned, it’s the luck of the draw with PC. Sometimes you get lucky, sometimes you don’t. If you are expecting a significant upgrade every rental, you are going to be sorely disappointed.

ive had great luck because I frequent the same locations and he staff know me. I am assuming that you are not a frequent renter, but have had a good experience in the past and have too high of expectations.

if the best option is a Cruze Premier edition after I’ve waited 5 minutes and nothing new suits my need better, I take the Cruze. I don’t get upset that I had a Camaro SS or Cadillac Escalade the prior week.
Hertz UC is the poor man's National Emerald Aisle. Base trim Camrys and Altimas are about all you can expect. You're lucky if you find a Chrysler 300.
Old Jan 30, 2018, 7:12 pm

Programs: United 1K, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by m907
Hertz UC is the poor man's National Emerald Aisle. Base trim Camrys and Altimas are about all you can expect. You're lucky if you find a Chrysler 300.
agreed. Though I have had great experiences at both companies. National definitely offers more chances of a nice upgrade (with the exception of ORD, in my opinion).
Old Feb 1, 2018, 9:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt LT DM, Wyndham DM, Hertz PC, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
I've been very happy with it but the last two MCO has soured the experience unfortunately. Will be back twice again in short order. See how it goes.
Dambus likes this.
Old Feb 2, 2018, 4:50 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Rented from RDU this week which recently got Ultimate Choice. There were a preponderance of SUVs from small ones to large ones including an Infiniti QX90 or whatever it is and some pick ups as well as Camrys and Altimas. I grabbed the lone Volvo S80 which I ended up hating but was glad for something a little different and nice.
Old Feb 2, 2018, 7:43 pm

Programs: Pre✓, Delta DM, Hilton LT Diamond, Mariott Plat, PC Gold, National EE, Hertz PC
Why did you hate the S80?
Old Feb 4, 2018, 5:29 am
Suspended

Programs: DeltaPrivateJet, Ritz PP, Delta 4 million miler - Flying Colonel; AA Exec Plat (3 million + USAir)
San Diego.
Come down escalator and there is guy with sign with my name on it.
He walks me outside, talks in his phone and a minute later a cad pulls up
Driver gets out, gives me keys and I drive away.
On return, go to rental center. Get in passenger seat. Guy comes over and drives me to Delta departure.
Who cares about upgrade with that type of service?
Old Feb 4, 2018, 5:36 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Sounds like you were given Hertz Platinum service; congratulations!
Old Feb 4, 2018, 6:08 am

Are you a Hertz Platinum member?
Old Feb 4, 2018, 10:51 am

Programs: Hhonors Diamond, IHG Platinum, BA Silver
Originally Posted by BeatCal
San Diego.
Come down escalator and there is guy with sign with my name on it.
He walks me outside, talks in his phone and a minute later a cad pulls up
Driver gets out, gives me keys and I drive away.
On return, go to rental center. Get in passenger seat. Guy comes over and drives me to Delta departure.
Who cares about upgrade with that type of service?
Are tips expected in this kind of scenario?
How did they satisfy themselves as to your identity?
Old Feb 8, 2018, 6:59 pm

Programs: PC Plat, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold,HHonors Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by Wanderlust888
I got the drive back to the airport service at BWI the other week, which with 2 kids in two was great as I didn't have to take that rental shuttle. She said it was due to the car I rented which was a 300 from the PC line and not my status.

The driver wouldn't take a tip.
Old Feb 9, 2018, 4:34 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Previous discussion on this question - Hertz Platinum - Tip your driver
You show the person meeting you your drivers license (if they don't already know you).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.