Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Secretly Added LDW

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2024, 5:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Starwood Gold
Secretly Added LDW

Here's a new one.

I booked my car with my corporate rate that typically includes LDW. I am Presidents Circle so I don't interact much with Hertz employees. I pick up a Ford Expedition from the aisle, drive out, and go on my way. About half an hour later, I look down at my paper receipt. There is an added LDW for $42/day. My only theory as to how this happened is that the MSRP of the car is $70,000+, so maybe after a point the included LDW as a part of my CDP kicks out and another LDW subs in. Needless to say, I would have waived this if anyone had ever affirmatively asked me. There was never even a word about it. I suppose a gate agent who makes a commission on these sales could have added it surreptitiously but I truly don't think that's how Hertz works. I call Hertz hotline and I ask to waive it off ASAP. They say they will note the record but only someone "at a desk" can fix. I go to an HLE the next day and of course he says to go back to the airport to resolve. The airport is far away at this point, and I don't have two hours to go there.

Am I stuck with the LDW? I don't know how else to exorcise it from my record. The cleanest thing may be just to end this rental at the HLE and start a new one (not sure if one-way fees kick in at that point).
Old Mar 17, 2024, 7:50 pm

Programs: United 1K, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite, Hertz President's Circle
Same this happened to me at an HLE. They informed me that my account was suspended (drivers license needed updated), which is why my included corporate LDW wasn't pulling in and it needed to be added for a cost. I found this strange, as my corporate rate was still active. It wasn't worth the argument or my time, so I just expensed the $12 (I think) charge for 1-day of LDW.

Potentially there is a glitch in their system. It hasn't happened since for me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.