Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Renting at BOS; What Kind of Cars to Expect?" Thread

Consolidated "Renting at BOS; What Kind of Cars to Expect?" Thread

Old Jul 11, 2019, 2:43 am

Programs: AA CK, Marriott Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist
Best Adrenaline car at BOS?

I’ve got a points rental coming up next month and am debating getting a car from their adrenaline line. MIA considers the 100th anniv Z06 as an adrenaline car, but am curious what the best adrenaline car at BOS is? Is it just the convertible camero SS / mustang GT? Because all adrenaline cars are same points value, if convertible SS / GT is best BOS has, I’ll save my points for another day and just take chances at PC lot. Thanks in advance!
Old Jul 21, 2019, 3:36 pm

Booked a LCAR car for a one Way in august.. whats usually The cars in this category at Boston?
Old Aug 13, 2019, 9:14 am

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Plat, Hertz Pres
Anyone rented K4 here lately? looking at a long weekend in October and would like the Velar if they stock it, havent rented this category before so not sure what to expect
Joonydell likes this.
Old Aug 14, 2019, 1:19 am

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by xolinlevh
Anyone rented K4 here lately? looking at a long weekend in October and would like the Velar if they stock it, havent rented this category before so not sure what to expect
Apparently, all Velars in the Hertz fleet are the base model, which means no nav (not even CarPlay) and cloth seats. Second-hand information and even if it's accurate, it could change, but I'd be very careful.
Old Aug 14, 2019, 6:21 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Plat, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by Cymro
Apparently, all Velars in the Hertz fleet are the base model, which means no nav (not even CarPlay) and cloth seats. Second-hand information and even if it's accurate, it could change, but I'd be very careful.
yuck. Thanks for the heads up
Old Aug 26, 2019, 12:20 pm

Programs: National, Hertz
Stopped by at 11:30 AM before heading up to National with a luxury res at the same rate as Hertz midsize. Lot was rather sparse but being replenished with washed cars. Some decent stuff but it was mostly taken.
PC:
BMW X3 (someone sitting in it)
Cadillac XT5 (someone sitting in it)
Highlander (someone sitting in it)
Challenger R/T
Charger R/T
Yukon XL (someone sitting in it)
CTS
Flex

Didn't walk over to Five Star but saw an Elantra and Kona parked over there. Lots of luxury cars (Mercedes, Land Rover, Infiniti) in the reserved stalls. 530i available for an upgrade. The cars that were coming from the wash were Altimas/Malibus/etc so I went with National instead.
Auto Enthusiast likes this.

Last edited by oftech; Aug 26, 2019 at 12:20 pm Reason: correcting time
Old Nov 28, 2019, 2:58 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Arrived at the lot last Friday 11/22 at around 8am. There were two 530i in the PC lot, and one XTS, and then a bunch of regular cars.

Someone snagged a 530i right in front of me, but I got the other one
Old Dec 23, 2019, 3:07 pm

What is the likelihood of a minivan being available in BOS PC area?
Old Feb 6, 2020, 2:18 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Any idea why it is cheaper to rent from Boston City Locations (like one near Westin - Copley) than from the Airport? I had expected Airport would be cheaper but seeing an almost 200$ difference for Full-size car.
Old Feb 6, 2020, 2:42 pm

Programs: DL Plat, UA Plat 1MM, AS MVP, Hyatt Discoverist, Avis Presidents Club, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by kumarshah
Any idea why it is cheaper to rent from Boston City Locations (like one near Westin - Copley) than from the Airport? I had expected Airport would be cheaper but seeing an almost 200$ difference for Full-size car.
In part due to facility charges; there are convention center surcharges for airport car rentals. I often find that the city rentals are cheaper.
Old Feb 6, 2020, 3:56 pm

Programs: DL PM 0.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, Avis PC, National EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by kumarshah
Less airport taxes, though both locations should charge a $10 convention center fee.
Old Feb 7, 2020, 6:28 am

Programs: B6, Amtrak, DL, AA, Marriott, Hilton
IIRC if you're able to rent from a location outside the City of Boston proper (like Harvard Sq in Cambridge) you'll also avoid the convention center fee, as it's only assessed within Boston.
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old Feb 7, 2020, 10:45 am

I am already preparing the holidays and for my misfortune the Prestige Z4 category is the one that comes out much cheaper (I hate the QX60). I have had different luck with this category until on the last trip I was assigned the QX60 and they did not let me change it for another car.
It was in Miami, you know what options you usually see in Boston?
I am also Amex Platinum but last time I update nothing at all, in Boston there are usually?
Thanks
Old Feb 11, 2020, 5:22 am

Originally Posted by Bostonkari
QX60 would be fine (still would like an X5...); how do you know that is the only vehicle offered in Class Z4?
Excuse me, could you tell me which car you got in the z4 category and if you had any options or just the QX60?
Old Feb 24, 2020, 3:06 am

Nice selection in PC on a weekend morning.

2x BMW 530i
Camaro SS (30k miles, smelled of cigarettes)
Mustang convertible
Camaro convertible
Mercedes A220
Multiple 300s and the regular Hertz fare.

It was almost all sedans. I think the only SUV was a Pathfinder.

Last edited by m907; Mar 9, 2020 at 1:44 am

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.