FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hertz-gold-plus-rewards-423/)
-   -   US Hertz Fleet - What Makes/Models are Available? (2018-20 Thread) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hertz-gold-plus-rewards/1848890-us-hertz-fleet-what-makes-models-available-2018-20-thread.html)

FlyinHawaiian May 15, 2003 10:58 am

US Hertz Fleet - What Makes/Models are Available? (2018-20 Thread)

Please see the wiki for details. Members with 90 days or more of membership and at least 90 posts may update the wiki, as needed.

Questions regarding specific locations (eg, "I am Renting From XXX; What Might I Get?") may be moved by a moderator to specific/dedicated threads for that location. All major airport codes may be searched using FlyerTalk's search engine; otherwise, words in " " quotation marks will bypass the character limit filter.

Link to archived posts - http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hertz...t-you-get.html

FlyinHawaiian, Acting Moderator
Hertz Gold Plus Forum

3travellers Feb 20, 2018 3:20 am

Hi
i have booked a mustang GT in june 2018 (Pxar)
do anybody know if Hertz are having the new 2018 models?
if not, when do the buy new model during the year?

​​​​​​​Mike

dinanm3atl Feb 20, 2018 6:56 am

MCO Terminal B PC had a bunch of sub 1000 mile brand new Fusion Hybrids. I took one because I missed a Volvo S90 by about 15 seconds.

SixAlpha Feb 24, 2018 8:09 pm

I don't normally get excited about minivans, but spotted a brand new Chrysler Pacifica at LEX - fully loaded including the full-length panoramic sunroof. Only 75 miles on it. Apparently a shipment of them landed in Louisville last week. Also spotted a brand new 2018 Lincoln Continental and several small Land Rovers. Glad to see a 2018 Chevy Equinox too - seems like the smaller Chevy SUV's have been gone from the fleet for a while.

Lamgini24 Mar 17, 2018 6:40 pm

Just saw the Corvette Stingray popup at West Palm Beach. Reserved on for April, anyone rented a vette from PBI yet? I've rented pretty much every dream/adrenaline car they have had and i've never seen the Corvette on the lot.

Oflyt Mar 21, 2018 5:13 am

Anyone seen the face-lifted 2018 mustang GT yet? Hoping to get one at LAX next week.

SixAlpha Mar 24, 2018 6:58 am

Originally Posted by Oflyt (Post 29549932)
Anyone seen the face-lifted 2018 mustang GT yet? Hoping to get one at LAX next week.

Spotted one this morning. Sharp looking - 5.0 GT hard top, leather seats, Florida plates. Good luck!

FlyinHawaiian Apr 12, 2018 5:08 am

Even though the current Chevy Cruze sedan is now a D - Standard Car, the 2018 Cruze hatchback I rented the other day was classified as a C - Midsize car. I added it to the wiki.

Cre8ate Apr 14, 2018 10:16 am

Hi all,

I am visiting the following places in June:
1. San Francisco (SFO)
2. San Francisco (325 manson st)
3. Las Vegas (LAX)

I was under the impression that Standard is a class above Compact.
But when i was at Hertz's website, i found out that Standard is actually cheaper than Compact (I applied AAA code)
From what i read above, seems like Standard consist of Chevy Cruze, while Compact consist of Civics and Mazda 3?
If i book a Standard (since its cheaper), do you guys think i can request to get a Civic/Mazda 3 (a downgrade in tt sense?)
hahahaha mazda3/civic seems like nice cars to drive along pacific coast and the grand canyon! :)

strickerj Apr 14, 2018 7:49 pm

Originally Posted by Cre8ate (Post 29639852)
Hi all,

I am visiting the following places in June:
1. San Francisco (SFO)
2. San Francisco (325 manson st)
3. Las Vegas (LAX)

I was under the impression that Standard is a class above Compact.
But when i was at Hertz's website, i found out that Standard is actually cheaper than Compact (I applied AAA code)
From what i read above, seems like Standard consist of Chevy Cruze, while Compact consist of Civics and Mazda 3?
If i book a Standard (since its cheaper), do you guys think i can request to get a Civic/Mazda 3 (a downgrade in tt sense?)
hahahaha mazda3/civic seems like nice cars to drive along pacific coast and the grand canyon! :)

IIRC the order is Economy, Compact, Intermediate, Standard, then Full Size, so standard is actually 2 classes above compact. Sometimes you’ll find higher or special classes cheaper than the lower ones, depending on availability - when I booked for Las Vegas a couple years ago, a Camaro SS convertible (from the Adrenaline Collection) for a week was cheaper than an intermediate.

Also, the rental size classes don't exactly follow the EPA’s classifications - what we’d generally consider compacts (Cruze, Corolla, Mazda 3) are Intermediates, while Hertz’s example of a Compact is the Nissan Versa hatchback. You probably won’t get a Civic since Honda doesn’t sell to fleets.

Cre8ate Apr 14, 2018 8:13 pm

I see i see. Guess I will go ahead and book the Standard class since it is cheaper than Intermediate as well.

I also noticed that the Loss Damage Waiver was automatically selected during the booking at hertz website, i was wondering if that means i don't have to get any other insurance since the LDW already protects the car? (Attached a screenshot)
Always thought rental companies will try to upsell insurance.

strickerj Apr 15, 2018 6:41 am

You’ll probably want to have liability insurance as well. You don’t have to use the rental company’s - your own auto insurance should suffice if you have that.

As for the LDW, if you’ve got a credit card that includes rental car coverage, then you don’t need it. (Or is it part of the rate where declining it doesn’t make a difference to the price?)

Cre8ate Apr 15, 2018 9:17 pm

Yea it seems like the LDW is included in the price
cant opt out if i wanted to anyway. Hahaha
just hoping their jettas are reliable!

you mentioned you got a camaro at less than the price of an intermediate? Thats a steal! Was the booking done way ahead or towards the last minute?

https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...d4e6072d68.jpg

strickerj Apr 16, 2018 5:26 am

I booked it well in advance, as usual for me - back in December for a trip in June. I seem to recall it was $328 for the week, so either I got an awesome deal or everything else was just unusually expensive. (I’m not sure what sort of pricing is normal for LAS as I’ve only been there once.) Still, I was quite happy about that. :)

heubergen Apr 17, 2018 12:55 pm

Is there any good advice what I should do when I wanna have a Toyota Camry? I'm renting for about 2 months from LAX.