Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Renting at MIA; What Kind of Cars to Expect?" Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Renting at MIA; What Kind of Cars to Expect?" Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2019, 2:02 pm

Thanks Joonydell,

Well I hadn't realized that I've just become President Circle, so the choice will be even greater
It turns out that the person I will be travelling with has National Executive Elite Status. We are planning on renting only one car.

Does anyone know how the MIA National Executive Elite aisle compares to Hertz President Circle Ultimate Choice ? Is one way better than the other ? Ideally we'd like a "good" SUV.

Should I cancel my reservation with Hertz and go with National? or should I just stick with Hertz who is cheaper in our case ?
Joonydell likes this.
Old Jan 17, 2019, 1:06 pm

Programs: Sixt DIA, Hertz PC, Europcar Elite VIP
depends on what you prefer?! reading through this forum it seems like national has the higher quality fleet where is hertz is a lot cheaper. so depending on the difference in price you could be also lucky with hertz.
Joonydell likes this.
Old Jan 17, 2019, 6:43 pm

Programs: DL PM 0.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, Avis PC, National EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by koopa
Thanks Joonydell,

Well I hadn't realized that I've just become President Circle, so the choice will be even greater
It turns out that the person I will be travelling with has National Executive Elite Status. We are planning on renting only one car.

Does anyone know how the MIA National Executive Elite aisle compares to Hertz President Circle Ultimate Choice ? Is one way better than the other ? Ideally we'd like a "good" SUV.

Should I cancel my reservation with Hertz and go with National? or should I just stick with Hertz who is cheaper in our case ?
Assuming no cancellation fees - keep both reservations and see what cars are better at National and Hertz. Cars are not guaranteed. I always make multiple reservations (no cancellations fees) just in case one company has a better selection.
"Good" SUV is dependent upon what you are looking for. I always aim for higher end trim vehicles (Ford = Titanium/Limited, Nissan = Platinum, Chevy = LTZ) - higher trim will mean more features.
Joonydell likes this.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 2:47 am

Programs: BA Gold
I’ve been renting a couple of times at the airport location now and pres cir has the worst selection. It’s just junk. Hope you like Kia’s and Toyota’s..
Alclayno likes this.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 3:21 am

Originally Posted by DreamTrip
I’ve been renting a couple of times at the airport location now and pres cir has the worst selection. It’s just junk. Hope you like Kia’s and Toyota’s..
It was that bad 😥 ? Was any suv available?
Old Jan 22, 2019, 10:48 am

Programs: Hertz PC, National Executive Elite, Marriott Platinum, Chase Sapphire Reserve, HH Diamond
ive found this to be more of a recent issue. have you looked around at any off-airport locations?
Old Jan 22, 2019, 11:08 am

Programs: BA Gold
There was one suv last time. Cant remember what it was as it's not my preference.

I've been tempted to book an off airport location but I usually fly in from Europe to MIA and wanna skip the extra stop.
Old Jan 26, 2019, 1:10 pm

So frustrating... when I rented from Five Star there were a bunch of Kias: Sportsge, Soul and a large sedan type.

This morning (1/26), dropping off, the Five Star area had Cherokees, Toyota 4Runners, an Impala, Chrysler 300s and a brand new Chevy pickup with a grand total of 3 miles on the clock.
koopa and Joonydell like this.
Old Jan 27, 2019, 12:40 am

Originally Posted by flyercity
This morning (1/26), dropping off, the Five Star area had
Thanks for the info. Do you remember what was available in the President's Circle area ?
Old Feb 10, 2019, 6:11 am

PC with a convertible reservation coming up in about four weeks - has anybody ever seen a Corvette or the V8 variants of the Camaro and Mustang (SS, GT) in ANY section (PC, gold, 5 star, even premium upgrades) at this particular location?
Old Feb 10, 2019, 5:19 pm

Programs: All of them
I just did the Amex/National upgrade and got the Hertz match. Have never been 5* or PC before, and usually rent off-airport, but was in MIA and got to check out the selection. Not that much better than Gold.

5* had Tahoe, Edge, Soul, Rogue, Cruze, Corolla, Malibu, Ram 1500 4x4, Mustang hardtop, Impala, Suburban, Altima
PC: Impala, Tahoe, Rogue, Q50, 500, 300, Grand Caravan, Yukon (reg and XL), QX90, Highlander, Colorado, and a 4Runner that I took. Base model.

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Feb 10, 2019 at 6:00 pm Reason: moved into consolidated MIA thread
Old Feb 11, 2019, 12:39 am

Originally Posted by wodatixusu
I just did the Amex/National upgrade and got the Hertz match. Have never been 5* or PC before, and usually rent off-airport, but was in MIA and got to check out the selection. Not that much better than Gold.

5* had Tahoe, Edge, Soul, Rogue, Cruze, Corolla, Malibu, Ram 1500 4x4, Mustang hardtop, Impala, Suburban, Altima
PC: Impala, Tahoe, Rogue, Q50, 500, 300, Grand Caravan, Yukon (reg and XL), QX90, Highlander, Colorado, and a 4Runner that I took. Base model.
Bleh... disappointing selection, to be honest.

Not a bad selection of SUVs, but as far as cars go, there only being one hardtop Mustang (and probably an ecoboost at that) amongst the other usual suspects isn't all that exciting.

Although I'm PC, this is actually the first time that I'm renting through Hertz for leisure purposes -- but, unless MIA is an outlier and there are better selections of cars elsewhere, I can already tell that it'll probably be the last.
Old Mar 19, 2019, 3:40 am

Excellent news to report out of Miami.

As previously stated - I had a standard convertible (U) reservation from 3/12 to 3/18. Got the carfirmation as soon as I landed, and saw that I had been upgraded to a white Mustang GT convertible (U4).

I've never been a fan of white cars (unless it's a Rolls-Royce), but I went over to the lot thinking that I should just take the white 5.0 Mustang since I had already been given an upgrade. Boy, was I wrong.

While the white 5.0 Mustang convertible would've been an excellent choice for my trip... Hertz at MIA also had numerous other convertible Camaros/Mustangs available, and, from what I saw, all of them except for one in the garage were V8 variants.

It was literally all 5.0 Mustangs and SS Camaros in convertible form.

No crazy colors, but as long as you were okay with a V8 convertible in white, silver, grey, or black, they had what you were looking for. I ended up swapping out of my aforementioned white 5.0 Mustang convertible and drove off the lot with a fully loaded black 2019 Camaro 2SS convertible with a little over 5400 miles on the clock. All the bells and whistles, including leather, navigation, blind spot monitoring, the upgraded Bose sound system (which was insane)... it was incredible, and the car was so fast, so much fun to drive, and turned so many heads driving through Miami and Miami Beach.

Couldn't be happier and look forward to renting with Hertz (especially the MIA location) again.
Old May 10, 2019, 8:25 am

I was surprised at how small the Ultimate Choice section is. Hertz's part of the garage is very big but there's only about 20 spaces in PC.

Selection was pretty lackluster midmorning on a Friday. A couple Chrysler 300 S with >10k miles in PC, a couple Ford Taurus Limited, GMC Acadia. Base F-150, and Impalas. Surprisingly, there was a Honda Civic in base trim on the lot too - first I've seen on a UC or National aisle, and probably a fluke.

Five Star had a Dodge Charger GT with garish yellow accents but cloth seats. Other than that, Five Star and Gold were run-of-the-mill Hertz stuff.

Upgrades were exclusively Cadillacs and Infinitis.
Old Jul 7, 2019, 10:10 am

Programs: Hertz , Delta, SPG
Hey anyone been to MIA recently?

Doing a trip from MIA then heading down to Key west for a week. Ideally I'd like a Mustang GT or something similar (I'm PC), could I get away ordering a Luxury 2/4 or a Intermediate and hoping to take whats there? Mustang or Camero etc.

Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.