Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Renting at IAH; What Kind of Cars to Expect?" Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Renting at IAH; What Kind of Cars to Expect?" Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2021, 3:58 am

Originally Posted by Fendi80
UC Section lame too?
Yes, so if you really want something nice you should keep that reservation. I'm just saying it's generally not worth the exorbitant amount they charge.
Old Jul 15, 2021, 6:53 pm

Programs: Avis PC AmexPL Hertz5str MarriottPlt NetJets NationalEE InspiratoMember
Originally Posted by m907
Yes, so if you really want something nice you should keep that reservation. I'm just saying it's generally not worth the exorbitant amount they charge.

Thanks
hopefully they have the escalade the rate was OK
Old Aug 10, 2021, 8:17 pm

Programs: Several
Any recent experiences here? I know it was looking pretty dismal last month for the PC selection. I have a rental coming up there and was hoping to get into something a little larger than the Q4 size I booked, but it looks like that’s about all they had from the photos.
Old Aug 15, 2021, 11:55 pm

Originally Posted by UVU Wolverine
Any recent experiences here? I know it was looking pretty dismal last month for the PC selection. I have a rental coming up there and was hoping to get into something a little larger than the Q4 size I booked, but it looks like that’s about all they had from the photos.
It's Hertz in 2021...keep expectations low and maybe you'll be pleasantly surprised.
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old Aug 16, 2021, 10:51 am

UVU Wolverine This airport you will be lucky if you find a decently equipped Nissan Sentra or a 2020 Ford Edge in PC. I have seen some 4 cylinder mustangs a few times there also.

If you booked Q4, they will try to stick you in a Nissan Kicks or Mazda CX 3.
Old Aug 18, 2021, 4:17 pm

Well, I was wrong. Came to IAH this week, happy with the selection. PC had

x2 redesigned Hyundai Sonata
x2 new 2021 Mazda CX 9
x4 2020 Cadillac XT5 (all 40k+ miles)
x2 Mustang V8 and x1 Mustang 4 cyl
x4 Inifiniti QX60
a few Ford Escapes
Old Sep 2, 2021, 3:08 pm

Programs: UA 1K (MM), DL, AA, AS, HHonors, SPG, Kimpton, Hyatt, IC PC, Marriott Titanium (LT PLT), Hertz PC
Will be there in a bit over a week. Hopefully there will be *something* interesting.
Old Sep 25, 2021, 2:26 pm

What have y’all seen here lately in the (T) Large SUV segment?

TIA
Old Jan 23, 2022, 11:45 pm

Walked through the Hertz area while returning an Avis rental Saturday evening, lot was pretty well stocked. PC had a Q50, QX30, Mustang hardtop, and a bunch of midsize SUVs.

Ultimate Series had a whole bunch of new body style Yukon XL Denalis which was interesting.
Old Jan 24, 2022, 3:37 am

Originally Posted by missingcolours
Walked through the Hertz area while returning an Avis rental Saturday evening, lot was pretty well stocked. PC had a Q50, QX30, Mustang hardtop, and a bunch of midsize SUVs.

Ultimate Series had a whole bunch of new body style Yukon XL Denalis which was interesting.
Yukon denalis in Ultimate series is not because they really should be there, but just bunch of new deliveries that ready to be rent out but no other space to put them in. Although if you just look at the price sticker these Yukons do qualify for ultimate series (when compared to X7 and escalate, etc)
Old Jan 24, 2022, 6:25 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, HH Diamond, Avis Pref, DL Silver, National EE
Originally Posted by missingcolours
Did Avis have plenty of cars there too?
Old Feb 3, 2022, 11:23 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, HH Diamond, Avis Pref, DL Silver, National EE
I'll be here on Tuesday next week. Are there plenty of cars in UC recently?
Old Feb 3, 2022, 4:47 pm

Originally Posted by royalbrett
I'll be here on Tuesday next week. Are there plenty of cars in UC recently?
Wouldn't call it plenty but all types of vehicles. Last week I saw on PC Ford Explorer 2021, toyota highlander, mustang v4 and camaro v6, a few Nissan altima, Ram 1500 classic, mazda cx 9, GMC acadia, toyota camry, some equinoxes etc.

So I liked that they had a good spread on the type from a 2 door muscle car to 7 seater to a pick up truck.
Auto Enthusiast and m907 like this.
Old Mar 27, 2022, 10:33 am

Programs: Delta Platinum & 2MM, Marriott Lifetime TIT, Hertz Pres Club, IHG Gold, *A Gold
Saturday night at 10pm. Not many cars in PC. QX80, 2020 Land Rover Evoque with 43K miles, and I took the 2020 Jaguar F-Pace with 43K miles.
m907 and Ordpc like this.
Old Apr 11, 2022, 7:32 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum & 2MM, Marriott Lifetime TIT, Hertz Pres Club, IHG Gold, *A Gold
Saturday evening I took a 2020 QX50 with 13,000 miles. There was one other with 30,000 and a new Maxima, Ford Edge SEL, a few Mustangs. Nothing too special. The lady said people that came to see a basketball tournament took all the cars and didn't return them to IAH.
Auto Enthusiast and Ordpc like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.