Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Hertz Vehicle Upgrades and Experiences for Elites Master Thread and Guide

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hertz Vehicle Upgrades and Experiences for Elites Master Thread and Guide

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2019, 2:21 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National Exec
NYC HLE
PC
Booked: Intermediate
Received: 2018 Dodge Grand Caravan GT (R) with 4800 miles and working Sirius/XM.

Not what I'd call exciting (red stitching on the seats doth not a Grand Tourer make), but certainly spacious.

Last edited by cestmoi123; Mar 13, 2019 at 4:20 pm Reason: added satellite radio info
Old Mar 13, 2019, 3:16 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
NYC HLE (403 Lafayette)

Reserved: C
Received: 2019 L4 Dodge Durango GT. NY plates, with 2,300 miles on the odometer and working Sirius/XM.
Old Mar 17, 2019, 3:25 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Albany, GA Airport (ABY) - SCAR Reservation:

Usually small airports are my favorites to rent from. I showed up on time for my reservation and the lone agent who handles Hertz, Budget and Thrifty was overwhelmed. No contracts were printed for those of us coming off the one of two flights that day. She fumbled around for a while and asked me if I wanted prepaid fuel or coverage (something I hate). I was finally given the keys to a dirty 300S which also smelled bad and had a Low Washer Fluid Warning Light on. On the plus side it had 4,400 miles and XM.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 3:39 am

Programs: too many
PMI (Palma de Mallorca Airport)
Status PC
Reserved: IDMR
Received BMW X1 (PDAR)

Didn't enquire about something else as the car suited me perfectly, but I saw a fair number of Renault and Seat cars for smaller models. SUVs and MPVs were either X-trails, Qashquais, a couple of Atecas (new Seat SUV IIRC) and a couple of C-max and S-max

Last edited by ng1265; Mar 18, 2019 at 3:46 am
Old Mar 18, 2019, 3:44 am

Programs: too many
PMI airport:
Didn't get carfirmation so headed straight to the counter on arrival, where the rep told me to go directly to the car rental return area, since the Gold counter was being refurbished that week.
No issues whatsoever, had reserved a 1-series and got upgraded to a BMW X1 with 23k miles on the clock
A few dings and scratches, but that's probably to be expected at that time of year (still haven't received all 2019 vehicles yet) and on an island.
All in all, a painless process for renting, and at 19€ per day taxes included, can't complain much!
Old Mar 18, 2019, 6:46 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by ng1265
A few dings and scratches, but that's probably to be expected at that time of year (still haven't received all 2019 vehicles yet) and on an island.
I went to Puerto Rico and St. Thomas in the U.S. Virgin Islands in October, 13 months after the category five hurricanes in September 2017. Hertz at Puerto Rico wasn't great but their cars didn't have damage. Hertz at St. Thomas on the other hand had piece of crap cars. Some were missing mirrors. They claimed it was because of the hurricane. I called B.S. because 13 months is more than enough time to replace a rental fleet. Of course, no manager was ever available. Finally after calling every day for several days I finally got a manager to call me back. He deducted about half my rental car for the car damage.
Old Mar 24, 2019, 2:23 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
I called the Hertz franchise branch at CMH (Columbus, Ohio) after a disappointing stay. Between the car with around 25,000 miles on it and an oil change light that stayed on for the whole rental I felt like I received a piece-of-crap car, especially when there were better cars on the lot and they refused a complimentary upgrade. The manager called me back today, about 4 days after I called, and gave me a coupon for $25 off any future Hertz rental at any location, be it corporate-operated or franchisee.
Old Mar 24, 2019, 9:14 pm

Programs: Pre✓, Delta DM, Hilton LT Diamond, Mariott Plat, PC Gold, National EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by CMK10
Albany, GA Airport (ABY) - SCAR Reservation:

Usually small airports are my favorites to rent from. I showed up on time for my reservation and the lone agent who handles Hertz, Budget and Thrifty was overwhelmed. No contracts were printed for those of us coming off the one of two flights that day. She fumbled around for a while and asked me if I wanted prepaid fuel or coverage (something I hate). I was finally given the keys to a dirty 300S which also smelled bad and had a Low Washer Fluid Warning Light on. On the plus side it had 4,400 miles and XM.
Ran into the same problem myself at PHX a few weeks ago. The car was clean and low miles but the washer fluid tank was empty. I wound up buying a gallon and filling it up myself. This is something that should ALWAYS be topped off before turning the car around and putting it back on the line.
Old Mar 24, 2019, 9:20 pm

Programs: Pre✓, Delta DM, Hilton LT Diamond, Mariott Plat, PC Gold, National EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by alexthe5th
First time President's Circle member renting at SJC. Booked an intermediate car, was told to take anything from the President's Circle area. Huge selection of cars, including two Cadillac XTSs (which I took one). Was indeed billed my intermediate class rate for a G4 luxury car. Is this a typical experience? If so, these are fantastic upgrade options with President's Circle, will definitely keep renting from Hertz (at SJC, at least).
Yes, common (depending on location). I just had a Caddy XTS at SLC two weeks ago, a 300 Sport at PHX before that and a Charger GT last week in Texas.

I love the Chargers. People think you're a cop and they move out of the passing lane when you pull up on them. I hate left lane squatters.
Old Mar 26, 2019, 8:54 am

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National Exec
Originally Posted by KenTarmac
Yes, common (depending on location). I just had a Caddy XTS at SLC two weeks ago, a 300 Sport at PHX before that and a Charger GT last week in Texas.

I love the Chargers. People think you're a cop and they move out of the passing lane when you pull up on them. I hate left lane squatters.
Same thing used to happen with the Crown Vics, although I would also get the really annoying "everyone around you is driving 55" problem.
Old Mar 28, 2019, 10:33 am

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Formerly Starbucks Gold
I booked a fullsize at AZO last week. The lot didn't have anything remotely exciting. I did see a newer-impala - asked the agent if he could assign me that and told me no, since it's premium. I know it is, but I have yet to see what makes impalas "premium." I also thought he might throw me a bone as a presidents circle member. Ended up with a malibu with 26k miles on it. Very boring.
Old Apr 5, 2019, 5:13 am

Harborside Jersey City HLE

Reserved: I
Received: P4 2018 Cadillac CTS 2.0T Premium (leather seats, panoramic sunroof, working Sirius/XM) with 29,000 miles on the odometer and Massachusetts plates. I drove it up to Vermont and back, racking up about 700 miles and getting close to 30 mpg on mostly highway driving.
Old Apr 5, 2019, 10:08 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, HH DIA, Hertz PC, GE + Pre✓, Amazon Super Special Prime
Originally Posted by FlyinHawaiian
NYC HLE (403 Lafayette)

Reserved: C
Received: 2019 L4 Dodge Durango GT. NY plates, with 2,300 miles on the odometer and working Sirius/XM.
Was this a fun drive? Apple car play?
Are the Durango's in the L4 class all GT models?

Have a Z4 reserved for DTW over Memorial Day weekend. Got a great rate, and wanted something spacious and not an base model for 4 adults doing alot of highway cruising over 5 days - figured the Infinity SUV would fit the bill. However, I would happily take the "downgrade" to a Durango GT if its a fun drive - I do like me a Hemi!
Old Apr 5, 2019, 11:14 am

The GT trim for the Durango is just up from the base SXT, so while it does have ApplePlay, it has the 3.6 liter V-6. It was fine for the day I had it for just driving around town and running local errands.
Old Apr 6, 2019, 2:13 am

HIO (Hillsboro Airport)
Status Gold
Reserved: Full Size
Received Toyota Highlander (K6) brand new with 40miles

Dont like SUVs but since they were out of other cars - kept it. Very boat like on curves and overall would avoid in favor of sedan everytime

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.