Consolidated "Renting at JFK; What Kind of Cars to Expect?" Thread

Old Dec 15, 16, 7:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL; SPG Plat; HH Diamond

JFK offers a Prestige collection 7 seater:

'(Z4)Infiniti QX60/L.R. Discovery (Group Z4) RGDR'

It also says 'Reserve this Exact Model'

So which is it when reserving this exact model - the Infiniti or the LR?

Thanx
Old Dec 16, 16, 3:38 pm

Programs: I want to be free! Free!
In my experience, neither. Landed in CLE on Tuesday and assigned car was a Tahoe -- no thanks. Not even going to waste the time to get out to the rental center to argue with you over it because I'm certain you simply sold me something you didn't have and don't care because it's Hertz standard practice.

Trying again in SLC this weekend; reasonably certain it'll be the same BS.
Old Jan 17, 17, 1:06 pm

Jfk t6/pfar

I'm renting a T6/PFAR this summer at JFK.

Is that likely to be a Suburban? Will it have a bench for the second row, or captain seats? 3 child seats, so planning the seating arrangements.

Thx
Old Jan 17, 17, 10:06 pm

Speaking of which...
Going to pick up an FCAR late evening on Friday at JFK.
Any risk of them running low on cars for any reason (weekend or whatever?) and what do they have as FCARs there at the moment?
Old Jan 27, 17, 12:44 pm

Premium Group - JFK

Hi Everyone!

I'm going rent a car in NYC (JFK Airport) in May to travel to Toronto Canada in 2 people.

Im thinking about rent a Premium Car (PCAR) at Hertz (Impala or Similar)

Does anyone know if in JK airport I'll get the V6 Model ? If yes, its is LS ou LT Version?

I Wouldn' t like to get a Impala 2.5L.
Old Jan 27, 17, 3:24 pm

Programs: Hertz Presidents Circle; SPG Lifetime Platinum; Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by luizportela View Post
Hi Everyone!

I'm going rent a car in NYC (JFK Airport) in May to travel to Toronto Canada in 2 people.

Im thinking about rent a Premium Car (PCAR) at Hertz (Impala or Similar)

Does anyone know if in JK airport I'll get the V6 Model ? If yes, its is LS ou LT Version?

I Wouldn' t like to get a Impala 2.5L.
I have seen both LS and LT version and a mix of 2.5 litre and V6 models. They are all in the same Group, so no easy way of getting what you want.

And if you are doing a 1 way you are, I'm afraid less likely to get one of the " more desirable" cars - more likely to get a lower spec, older, higher mileage car, as this is what most locations do.

Sorry to be the bearer of not very glad tidings.

Unless you need the space of the Impala, you might enjoy a new Maxima, which is the same rental group. It is a very nice car.
Old Mar 12, 17, 3:35 pm

Programs: Hertz Gold PC, AAdvantage Platinum, United Premier 1K, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by Microwave View Post
I've got the same question, this time booking in BOS... Anyone know whether I'm more likely to get the Infiniti or the Land Rover? Also, any idea whether an upsell to a larger luxury SUV might be possible? I realise the latter question may be a bit OT...
I went through JFK yesterday. No sign of any Land Rovers or Infiniti QX60s, but there were 2 brand new Ranger Rover Sports. Several Escalades in the upgrade section.

For an intermediate reservation, I was assigned a 2017 Subaru Legacy AWD. About 2k mi when I picked it up, tagged YF, with PA plates. Heated seats and AWD were much appreciated this weekend in the Northeast

Also saw a 2017 Corvette, tucked away in a dark corner. I didn't get a close look at it, but from a distance it definitely looked like a Z06/Grand Sport- wider rear quarter panels, front splitter, and a wickerbill rear spolier. I spoke with the guy who was parking it, he said they have it on a one-month lease, window sticker is about $70k (presumptively a decently optioned Stingray, or a base Grand Sport) and it was delivered with 6 mi on the odometer earlier in the week. Didn't know what specific trim it was. Regarding the upgrade fee, he said Gold is pretty firm on getting at least $499/day for it, regardless of class reserved or status, and it comes with unlimited miles. I'm guessing its a Grand Sport with the 8 speed auto.

Last edited by rapiddave; Mar 12, 17 at 3:50 pm
Old Mar 29, 17, 12:40 pm

Programs: Hertz PC, National EE, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum

I understand that JFK doesn't have any Ultimate Choice yet. But do they have a special section where PC's can choose from? Or is it only the car class you reserved from?
Old Mar 29, 17, 1:59 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
JFK has a Gold Choice section that may or may not have cars in it for you to select if you have a midsize or higher reserved. I've seen mostly Compacts, Intermediates, and Full-Sized cars there. No special section or PCs. Expect to receive a carfirmation email with your assigned car and stall number and/or look on the board.
Old Jun 13, 17, 9:41 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze Marriott/SPG GOLD ELITE Avis President’s Club.
hi everyone am renting at JFJK, 7 passenger standard SUV - 4WD (FRAR) Group T
according to Hertz this would be something like a Nissan Armada can anyone tell me what other vehicles are likely to be in this group ?
many thanks
Old Jun 14, 17, 7:23 am

I've reserved a PFAR from JFK.

Is this likely to be a suburban or could they give me something else?
Old Sep 13, 17, 6:13 am

Programs: Sixt DIA, Hertz PC, Europcar Elite VIP
no ultimate choice experiences yet at jfk?
Old Sep 24, 17, 8:53 pm

Programs: DL PM; Hyatt Globalist; etc
I just booked a rental in December @ JFK counting on there being PC, based on the (frankly, annoying) message on the website (screenshot attached).

Can anyone confirm there's actually PC at JFK?
Attached Images  
sisandor likes this.
Old Oct 26, 17, 3:30 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
I poked around the lot after turning in my car this afternoon around 1530.

Pretty much similar to LGA in mainly Asian full-size sedans. I saw a few 5- and 7-passenger SUV as well. Nothing premium or luxury, though. I did spot a Corvette convertible in the upgrade section though (not the $25 one).
Old Dec 13, 17, 9:49 am

Programs: DL PM; Hyatt Globalist; etc
To answer my original question (and provide an update): JFK is fully PC, and when I was there at around 9PM last night (12/12), stocked fairly well compared to some locations I've been to.

Off the top of my head, there was at least one Q60, a smattering of the normal Asian full-size sedans, a few SUVs (both domestic and imports), and two Range Rovers in the UG section.

I walked away with a nearly-brand-new 2018 Nissan Pathfinder (SV, with 4WD), the person checking me out said that they'd gotten a lot of new cars in recently. If I had been solo, I'd have gladly taken the Q60.

Search this Thread