Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Renting at JFK; What Kind of Cars to Expect?" Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Renting at JFK; What Kind of Cars to Expect?" Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6, 2022, 2:34 pm

Originally Posted by corolla
0. Luxury brand cars are not allowed to be put in 5s or gold. There were exceptions before, especially before covid, but not a chance now. Many hertz workers (in many situations, contractors) might have no idea of what cars should go where, and there might not be a clear guideline either, but what they do remember from their supervisor is BMW is president circle only. Also JFK's inventory varies a lot for different times during the week and day.
Shame. I was thinking more for LAX than JFK, since I'm headed that way on Wednesday and was hoping for something more fun to drive than a "Jetta or similar".
Ordpc likes this.
Old Jun 6, 2022, 8:04 pm

Originally Posted by highlanderfil
Shame. I was thinking more for LAX than JFK, since I'm headed that way on Wednesday and was hoping for something more fun to drive than a "Jetta or similar".
If you're 5s (basically everyone is 5s right now), LAX most likely will just direct you to PC anyway. JFK wise, depends on inventory, if 5s is totally empty you might be able to pick something from PC too, or more likely be required to wait on lot to wait for them bring some ford EcoSport out, depends on who's in charge of the lot on the day.
Ordpc likes this.
Old Jun 6, 2022, 8:58 pm

Originally Posted by corolla
If you're 5s (basically everyone is 5s right now), LAX most likely will just direct you to PC anyway.
Good to know. I've got a competing Avis reservation for basically the same amount ($50/day-ish, thanks to my corporate deal), but, given L.A.'s gas prices, if they don't have anything I actually want to drive, I may as well just borrow my mom's Kia Niro

Though a 340i would certainly prevent that happening.
Auto Enthusiast and Ordpc like this.
Old Jun 17, 2022, 4:11 pm

Programs: United 1K, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite, Hertz President's Circle
Friday around 5:30pm

Gold
Escape titanium
Cx5
Equinox lt
Fusion Se ecoboost
Rogue sport sc
Rogue
Escape Se ecoboost
Rogue

Presidents Circle:
Corolla cross xle
Edge titanium
Acura RDX
Avalon xle
Malibu lt
MB GLC300
Avalon xle
Camry le

Premium Upgrades:
Mustang convertible
BMW 530i
Old Aug 3, 2022, 10:59 am

Programs: Hertz President's Circle
Hi, I have a reservation for a Standard at JFK for early September, Sunday AM. I have PC status.

What are my chances of picking up something nice from the PC or 5* aisles at that time of week?
Old Sep 19, 2022, 7:53 am

Friday 9/16 I was extremely late for pickup, I think I got there at 6:30p. PC had a BMW 340i with "No key" written on the windshield. Altima with the engine on, doors locked. Nothing else, the customer probably went to the bathroom.

Red Mustang in the upgrade, no cars in 5 Star or even full size. EV had a handful of cars but I didn't walk over and I have yet to be able to tell models.
Got the roving Hertz employee in Hertz tee shirt and shorts and he was able to give me a just returned 2021 Honda CRV (it was still wet) that was in a numbered reserved spot. Appeared two other people waiting for cars by the door, I had just walked off Airtrain to the PC area and heard the wind blowing thru the empty lot.
Ordpc likes this.
Old Sep 19, 2022, 8:03 am

Programs: United 1K, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by eoin411
Hi, I have a reservation for a Standard at JFK for early September, Sunday AM. I have PC status.

What are my chances of picking up something nice from the PC or 5* aisles at that time of week?
So what did you see/take? Would be nice to update other forum members of your findings on a Sunday AM.
Ordpc likes this.
Old Oct 21, 2022, 12:36 am

Programs: CX Gold
Are there shuttle services between the terminals and the rental car lot in JFK?
Old Oct 21, 2022, 6:25 am

Originally Posted by boybi
Are there shuttle services between the terminals and the rental car lot in JFK?
AirTram (train) to rental car complex
Auto Enthusiast and boybi like this.
Old Nov 9, 2022, 12:23 pm

Programs: AA, Hertz, Hyatt, Hilton
Note that the airtram stations for terminals 1 and 2 are currently closed. Instead, they're apparently using buses to get you to/from terminal 8 from terminals 1 and 2. Then, from terminal 8, you just hop the airtram as normal.

They had plenty of workers standing around yelling out the instructions to everyone.
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old Nov 12, 2022, 1:49 pm

I'm arriving at JFK at 8pm on 11/23. Any thoughts on what to expect in the PC? I'm hoping it's not barren given the holiday.
Old Nov 24, 2022, 12:21 pm

Originally Posted by relaxedPax
I'm arriving at JFK at 8pm on 11/23. Any thoughts on what to expect in the PC? I'm hoping it's not barren given the holiday.
Answering my question just so others know:

PC had:
Ford Mustang
MB A220
Acura RDX
Chevy Tahoe
Lincoln SUV
Cadillac SUV or Crossover - saw it on the way out
and a few others I can't remember.
Old Nov 26, 2022, 6:38 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Arrived tonight (the Saturday of US Thanksgiving Weekend) around 1700. In PC, I noted a Toyota Camry and a Nissan Altima among the 5-6 sedans available, I took the sole SUV which was a Q4 2022 Toyota Venza AWD Hybrid LE with NY plates, 12,000 miles on the odometer and working Sirius/XM. As I was leaving, a Toyota Corolla Cross XLE and a BMW 430i were being parked, fresh out of the wash, Over in 5* I noted a Kia Sorrento and GMC Terrain and several Malibu, Altima, and Camrys.
Old Feb 11, 2023, 6:33 pm

Programs: AS G75K, UA Silver
Surprisingly good selection this week at around 10AM:

PC had:
Tesla Model 3
Ram 1500 crew cab
2 brand new GMC Terrain AWD (one of which I took)
Few CR-Vs

Gold and Five Star added:
Chevy Colorado
Chevy Blazer
The typical sedans/crossovers from Nissan/Hyundai

Overall, it was wide enough where you could for sure get what you needed.
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old Feb 21, 2023, 7:41 pm

Had cheaper, more convenient Avis res but I would have gone for a better vehicle if Hertz had one on offer.
Board pointed me to Presidents Circle, OK, and there was no line/hassle, OK, all good. Then I stepped out into the lot.

Brother, when I tell you the ONLY cars available in the ENTIRE PC/5 Star section was a bright red Camaro I had no interest in, but ok, cool; and a newish Altima. Thats it. Nothing else.

Reserved was quite full, though, so good for those guys!
Auto Enthusiast and oftech like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.