Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Renting at JFK; What Kind of Cars to Expect?" Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Renting at JFK; What Kind of Cars to Expect?" Thread

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2021, 6:52 am

Programs: AS 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
May 16 (Sat) 9:30 AM - PC section had 2 Ford Edges and a Nissan Rogue Sport
Old May 24, 2021, 6:00 pm

Programs: Hertz, National
Sunday afternoon 3pm.
PC
3 Nissan Rogue/Rogue Sport
Hyundai Sonata
Chevy Trailblazer
Ford Bronco
Infiniti QX50
Ordpc likes this.
Old Jun 3, 2021, 9:01 pm

Programs: Hertz PC, National EE, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum
Landed this morning at 6am and PC lot was empty besides for 2 midsize SUV's. Reserved a premium car on points and had a BMW X1 reserved for me.
Old Jun 4, 2021, 7:12 am

Programs: Hertz, National
Wednesday morning 9am, PC had four cars:
Ford Bronco SUV
Nissan Rogue SUV
Nissan Altima
Hyundai Sonata
Old Jun 7, 2021, 8:57 am

Programs: Hertz PC, National EE, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum
Was there last night (Sunday night 10pm) and PC lot was virtually empty and there were no cars in premium upgrade spots either.

Had K class reserved and was assigned a 2019 BMW i530 with 40k miles.
Ordpc likes this.
Old Jun 12, 2021, 6:47 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Arrived tonight (Saturday) around 1800; there were a total of three cars in the PC section, all of them SUV. First was a Ford Edge and then a base trim Nissan Rogue Sport. I took the last, which is a B5 2021 Buick Encore GX AWD Preferred with NY plates, 1,700 miles on the odometer, and working Sirius/XM. There were a few more vehicles in 5*; a mix of small sedans and crossover SUV.
Old Jun 14, 2021, 11:26 am

Jun 12 (Sat) 10am - PC section had a Jeep Gladiator, a 2021 Buick Encore GX with 5mi on the odometer and a 2021 Hyundai Santa Fe with NC plates
Auto Enthusiast and Ordpc like this.
Old Jul 6, 2021, 9:29 am

July 5 (Mon) of the holiday weekend 12pm - PC section had a 2020 Ford Escape hybrid with FL plates and a Buick Encore GX with NY plates. Ford Mustang GT in the premium upgrades. 5-star had a bunch of smaller SUVs (Nissan Rogue Sport, Hyundai Kona) and various sedans.
GreeNYC and Ordpc like this.
Old Jul 17, 2021, 10:13 pm

July 17 (Sat) 10am - PC section had a Ford Mustang, Ford Escape Titanium and a 4-door sedan. No other vehicles in 5-Star or Gold.
Old Oct 12, 2021, 6:39 am

Arrived this (Tuesday) morning around 1230 am. The lot was pretty full; perhaps it was due to the three day weekend.

In PC, I spotted about four or five full-size sedans and a Chrysler 300. There were also two SUV; a base Kia Sorrento and a Jeep Compass. I decided to take the smaller Compass; it's a Q4 2018(!) 4WD in the Latitude trim with Florida plates but only 16,000 miles on the odometer.

5* was also pretty full with higher mileage cars with a similar spread of makes and models.
Old Nov 27, 2021, 2:22 pm

Programs: LY Top Platinum, AA Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
Is there any way to know if a Chevy Suburban reserved out of JFK will be an 8-seater or a 7-seater?
Old Nov 27, 2021, 7:44 pm

Arrived today (the Saturday of the US Thanksgiving holiday weekend) around 4 pm. In the PC section there was a Ford Mustang Convertible, Chrysler 300, Nissan Altima, and a few other Japanese and Korean sedans. The SUV choices were a 4-Door Jeep Wrangler, an Infiniti QX60 and a Nissan Rogue Sport. Someone else took the QX60, so I took the Nissan. It's a Q4 2021 model year vehicle in the base S trim. It has AWD, working Sirius/XM, 5,200 miles on the odometer, and Vermont plates.

I walked over to 5* to look at the SUV there and noted a Kia Sorrento, Buick Encore, Ford Escape, and Nissan Rogue and Rogue Sports. All had at least 15,000 miles on the odometer.

The upgrade section had a QX80.

Originally Posted by LatusElAl
Is there any way to know if a Chevy Suburban reserved out of JFK will be an 8-seater or a 7-seater?
It should be a 7 (2-2-3) seat vehicle, likely in the LT trim. https://pub.emails.hertz.com/fleet?c...rolet_suburban
thewayofthefuture likes this.

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Nov 28, 2021 at 1:19 pm
Old Dec 6, 2021, 1:07 pm

Programs: UA Gold 0.66MM, MR LT Titanium, IHG Platinum, Hertz PC
JFK around noon on Saturday - PC had 4 SUVs - 2020 BMW X3, 2018 Audi Q3, a Lincoln (Nautilus?), and a Cadillac (XT5?).

Upon return yesterday saw someone taking a Range Rover from the PC aisle.
Old Dec 22, 2021, 7:17 am

Anyone have any experience picking up a rental from JFK on a Sunday night?

Anyone have any experience picking up a rental from JFK on a Sunday night? I have an upcoming one-way rental that I am picking up at 9pm on Sunday. I am curious if anyone has experience around this time. I know often Mondays are busy with business travelers picking up. I am hopeful that Sunday night should be pretty full with weekend returns coming back and the location prepping for the Monday business pick-ups.
Apologies if covered elsewhere on board.
Old Dec 22, 2021, 7:42 am

No direct/recent experience, but I often return LGA and JFK cars to a local HLE in Manhattan on Sunday evenings and there are always a team of drivers tasked with taking cars back to the airports. So, inventory may not be as robust as you might hope as the cars still need to be cleaned and washed before they are rentable at JFK.

Some members are kind enough to post the days/times they are picking up cars in the dedicated thread for JFK: Consolidated "Renting at JFK; What Kind of Cars to Expect?" Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.