Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Renting at LAS; What Kind of Cars to Expect?" Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Renting at LAS; What Kind of Cars to Expect?" Thread

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2018, 4:26 am

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
If it's a group C, it barely matters. You'll get access to the compact/Gold area and can choose from the usual suspects: in my order of preference, probably:

Sentra, Corolla (likely to be 2018s, not sure if the 2019s are around yet), Mazda3 is the sample car - no CarPlay but otherwise great, Forte (would rate the 2019 more highly), Elantra, Cruze.

Believe a Jetta is a D for no apparent reason (maybe just to have something in that class); Civic is not common in the US fleet. Focus is listed as a B - maybe that's the hatchback only.
Old Nov 14, 2018, 12:18 pm

In addition to those cars Cymro listed
Hertz also has a whole bunch of kia souls
I don't know why does Hertz adjust sample car to mazda3 for C and charger for F
Sometimes its barely to see lots of mazda or chargers at major airports
Old Nov 15, 2018, 6:39 am
Moderator, Hertz; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1MM, BA GGL, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond and others
Originally Posted by jhuxtable
Whet c cars does Hertz have in Las Vegas?
I merged the thread with the consolidated renting in LAS thread.

Thanks
Jason8612 Hertz mod
Old Nov 20, 2018, 5:30 pm

Programs: WS Gold, AC 75K, Hertz PC, National EE, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Bills Mafia
UC Choices at LAS

What vehicles have you seen in the ultimate choice at LAS?
Curious if I’m better off going national where I am EE or Hertz where I am presidents circle and can use the ultimate choice.

Thoughts?

thanks
Old Nov 21, 2018, 12:36 pm

Programs: Southwest A-List, AMC Stubs A-List, Chick-fil-A-List
I rent from both of those LAS locations frequently as PC and EE.

My experience is that the National fleet is generally lower mileage and better equipped, but Hertz has been significantly cheaper than National this year for me. I really only pay attention to sedans in PC -- usually ending up with a Q50, mid-range 300, or LaCrosse.
Old Dec 12, 2018, 2:24 am

Renting at LAS

Hi guys,

This is the first time I rent at LAS. Just reserved a prestige collection Rover Discovery. Do they have enough of those Rovers available? Because I really dont like QX60, Rover Discovery seems to be my first and only option. If they donˇŻt have Discovery available, and they only have QX69, can I ask for an upgrade to other luxury SUVs like Mercedes or Range Rover?
Old Dec 15, 2018, 5:47 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by cyrimb
Hi guys,

This is the first time I rent at LAS. Just reserved a prestige collection Rover Discovery. Do they have enough of those Rovers available? Because I really dont like QX60, Rover Discovery seems to be my first and only option. If they donˇŻt have Discovery available, and they only have QX69, can I ask for an upgrade to other luxury SUVs like Mercedes or Range Rover?
You more likely receiving the QX60 than discovery as they have a very small fleet of those. If you want the Mercedes or Range Rover I’m sure they’ll be very happy to upgrade you if there’s one available, with a fee of course.
Old Dec 26, 2018, 3:43 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Plat, UA Silver, Delta Silver
Last week I flew in for a trip to Death Valley National Park. Maybe I've never noticed before but there were 2 GMC Canyon pickup trucks in the gold area. Perfect vehicle for exploring the park.
Old Dec 28, 2018, 12:54 pm

Programs: DL PM 0.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, Avis PC, National EE, Hertz PC
Pretty empty lot today due to holidays.

PC notables - new XTS with 4 miles and plastic wrapping still, Q50 with 23k miles, QX60. Wragler with 20k miles, Taurus

5 star has GMC terrains, Sienna, Pacifica, 300S with 300 miles, Caravan.

Told a family that needed a minivan to take the Pacifica instead of the Caravan, but they still took the Caravan lol.
Old Dec 28, 2018, 1:51 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National Exec
Originally Posted by kxc262
Told a family that needed a minivan to take the Pacifica instead of the Caravan, but they still took the Caravan lol.
They have chosen...poorly.
Old Jan 4, 2019, 2:48 pm

Booked 'Standard Elite Crossover Group Z4 RGDR' in LAS. What can I expect if they do not have qx60 or range rover discovery?

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Jan 5, 2019 at 3:38 pm Reason: moved into dedicated thread for this location
Old Jan 7, 2019, 11:30 am

Hertz lot was full yesterday (6/1). There were a bunch of Cayennes but I don’t know what it would have taken to rent those.

I was told to go to the Five Star lane. Wasn’t sure where exactly it ended but the attendant said it went up to space 329, which is about halfway down the lane, Shame because 330 had a Suburban and 331 had an SLK in it.

The actual Five Star area had a lot of Kia Souls and Sportages.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 7:13 pm

Originally Posted by kxc262
Pretty empty lot today due to holidays.

PC notables - new XTS with 4 miles and plastic wrapping still, Q50 with 23k miles, QX60. Wragler with 20k miles, Taurus

5 star has GMC terrains, Sienna, Pacifica, 300S with 300 miles, Caravan.

For anyone that rents often in Las Vegas, are Pacifica's common in the Hertz lot at Las Vegas? I'm usually a National renter, but couldn't find a decent one-way from LAS to LAX aside from Hertz. I have a Hertz Gold membership, so I'm wondering if I'm assigned a slot for a minivan reservation, can I opt to choose the one I want (ie. Pacifica, Odyssey or Sienna)? Second question to this is, with the minivan reservation, could I opt for something like a Ford Explorer if one was available in the Gold Aisles? Last question was in relation to G class reservation at a local Hertz location, what would the most common models I would find in Vegas?

Thanks in advance!
Old Jan 7, 2019, 8:40 pm

Originally Posted by humansoul
For anyone that rents often in Las Vegas, are Pacifica's common in the Hertz lot at Las Vegas? I'm usually a National renter, but couldn't find a decent one-way from LAS to LAX aside from Hertz. I have a Hertz Gold membership, so I'm wondering if I'm assigned a slot for a minivan reservation, can I opt to choose the one I want (ie. Pacifica, Odyssey or Sienna)? Second question to this is, with the minivan reservation, could I opt for something like a Ford Explorer if one was available in the Gold Aisles? Last question was in relation to G class reservation at a local Hertz location, what would the most common models I would find in Vegas?

Thanks in advance!
Last night there were no minivans at all in the Five Star lane nor in the Gold lane. May be due to the convention but probably safer to book the model you need and then hope for something better.
humansoul likes this.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 9:16 pm

Programs: DL PM 0.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, Avis PC, National EE, Hertz PC
I believe the vans are out of stock due to CES at the moment. I'm not a usual Hertz renter unfortunately. However, I would try to ask the greeters at both National and Hertz to see if they can give you a minivan. I would expect lots of Caravans personally. Pacfica and Sienna seem far and few.
Joonydell likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.