Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Renting at LAS; What Kind of Cars to Expect?" Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Renting at LAS; What Kind of Cars to Expect?" Thread

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2017, 12:14 pm

Originally Posted by ELOW
I'm curious which day did you pick up?
VX flight was late. I picked it up Aug 06, 2017 (Sunday), around 11pm or so. Told the agent I've never seen the lot so empty before. Think she mentioned something about conventions.

Walking past the regular Hz counter, seeing all those customers, makes you glad your name is on the gold board. Then again, I think the gold desk was closed at that late hour.

Last edited by radiolarian; Aug 18, 2017 at 12:20 pm
Old Aug 27, 2017, 7:09 am

Disappointing

Arrived Tuesday 8/22 around noon. PC section had five cars: two Camry's, a Fusion, a Nissan Rogue that looked as if it had been recently keyed and the Maxima I took that was relatively clean despite 38k on the odometer. 5* was full of a mix of intermediate class.

Friday 8/25 return around 6AM there was one Camry, Hyundai Sonata and a Santa Fe.
Old Aug 28, 2017, 3:20 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, WOH Globalist, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite
Arrived Friday 8/25 11:30PM, PC section not much to pick from.

-Land Rover Discovery Sport (one I picked)
-Mustang Convertible
-Kia Sorento
-Couple of standard F cars

On Return on Sun 8/27, there were a lot more cars available but I didn't see anything special, mostly the standard F/YF cars.
Old Aug 31, 2017, 6:26 pm

Originally Posted by ELOW
Arrived Friday 8/25 11:30PM, PC section not much to pick from.

-Land Rover Discovery Sport (one I picked)
-Mustang Convertible
-Kia Sorento
-Couple of standard F cars

On Return on Sun 8/27, there were a lot more cars available but I didn't see anything special, mostly the standard F/YF cars.
Not such a hot selection, but a Disco Sport isn't bad except its probably a bit slow. Based on what I've read, it seems like the best time to show up at any airport is early morning. It seems like any other time, especially late night, you're likely to be stuck with a non-premium vehicle.
Old Aug 31, 2017, 6:37 pm

Programs: Hertz PC
I have found if your PC and renting F you usually get pretty nice cars. I've had Volvo S60, Buick Lacrosse, Chry 300, Nissian Maxima, both Mercedes sedans and SUV's.
Old Aug 31, 2017, 7:18 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Now that LAS has Ultimate Choice, renting a fullsize (unless it cheaper than a midzise or standard) is a needless expense and has no bearing on the car you end up with.
Old Sep 29, 2017, 12:45 pm

Hello! I have a PCAR rental coming up and I'm a Gold Rewards member. Any idea what I might get?
Old Oct 27, 2017, 2:19 am

Picked up my car a little after midnight. Entire lot was pretty empty; maybe only four or five cars in each section.

PC choices were two MB SLC 300 Cabrios, an Altima, an Infiniti Q60 coupe and an Infiniti Q50 sedan, which I took. It's a 2017 3.0t model with CA plates and 17,500 miles on the odometer.

I noted a Porsche Macan and a Cayenne, Range Rover, and a Tesla Model S in the Ultimate Series section.

The lot was just about full on Sunday around 1300 when I returned my car.

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Oct 29, 2017 at 3:27 pm
Old Oct 27, 2017, 11:22 am

Planning on renting for one week Christmas Eve... What to expect?
Old Jan 12, 2018, 9:10 pm

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
PC - 7 pm on the Friday after CES. Ended up with the one and only Volvo S90. Also had a bunch of Infinitis, a brace of Chrysler 300s (one V6 300S AWD, one touring), a wide selection of Cadillac CTSs (probably a better car than the S90 but at least I know for next time) and pick-your-own Infiniti Q50. There was a Tahoe and a bunch of minivans in the 5* section too as well as a few F cars if that's your thing. Gold was pretty empty though they did have an Impala Limited - sort of want to rent one out of pure nostalgia!

Last edited by Cymro; Jan 16, 2018 at 4:10 pm Reason: Sharing time of rental
Old Jan 22, 2018, 6:36 am

Programs: AC E75K, Amex Plat, NEXUS, Aman-user (not really a -junkie)
After seeing a bonanza of luxury vehicles in LAS in June, I was totally unimpressed by PC selection last Thurs just before midnight. Basically nothing but a few F domestics. Was going to take a Equinox from the Gold Star aisle... it was base but only had 770 miles. They brought an Infiniti QX70 up..27k miles though. Still took it for the drive to Utah.

At least price was good... too bad about poor selection.

​​​​​
Old Feb 27, 2018, 10:05 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
PC renting at LAS last Saturday morning, LAS is an Ultimate Choice location. There was one Infiniti Q50 in the UC Aisle which I grabbed. There were a couple of smaller SUVs and then the usual selection of standard issued rental cars (Sonatas, Altimas, Fusions etc.)

bedeve and Gammur like this.
Old Feb 27, 2018, 1:01 pm

Hi there! Does one of the Forum members have any recent insight what model year the Adrenaline Collection Mustang GT Premiums are? I´m planning on renting one out for 11 days starting 08APR. The Hertz Website states on their Adrenaline Collection page that it will be 2016 models. But I doubt that ´16s are still around the fleet due to the mileage. Can I even expect one of those (Shelby) GT-H as a Gold member?
Old Mar 1, 2018, 8:22 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, United Platinum
I have a car booked at LAS (Standard Car). I am PC....do I pick any car in the PC section? What car options do I have?
Old Mar 1, 2018, 6:21 pm

Originally Posted by somewhat traveling actuary
I have a car booked at LAS (Standard Car). I am PC....do I pick any car in the PC section?
Yes
Originally Posted by somewhat traveling actuary
What car options do I have?
This thread has examples of what to expect.

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Mar 1, 2018 at 6:22 pm Reason: moved into existing thread on this topic

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.