Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Renting at FLL; What Kind of Cars to Expect?" Thread

Old Jun 1, 17, 7:03 am

Programs: AS G, WN CP, HH D, MB G, IHG S, Nat'l EE, Hertz PC
Picked up at FLL mid-week and late at night. PC was packed, mostly with full-size cars. A few vehicles of note were:

-Toyota 4Runner (x1)
-Nissan Altima and Maxima (many)
-Chevy Impala and Malibu (many)
-Hyundai Sonata (many)
-Buick Verano (many)
-Cadillac XTS (x2)
-Chrystler 300C (x1)
-Infiniti Q50 (x1)

The upgrade area had mostly Infinity vehicles (Q50s and QX30s).

Last edited by ncSam; Jun 8, 17 at 8:42 am
Old Jun 6, 17, 8:50 am

PC at FLL on Monday night had:
-2x Range Rover Evoque
-1x Jaguar XE
-1x Infiniti Q50
-2x Buick Verano
-3x Buick Envision
-1x Hyundai Sonata
-1x Nissan Armada
-Multiple Chevy Sedans

The upgrade area was empty except for a lone Corvette.

Old Jun 7, 17, 2:31 pm

PC at FLL Tuesday night had:
-1x Nissan Maxima
-1x Toyota Avalon XLE
-1x Cadillac ATS
-1x Mercedes GLA 250
-A plethora of Nissan, Hyundai, and Cadillac SUVs

The upgrade area had only Infiniti Q50s and Q60s.

Old Jun 8, 17, 8:39 am

FLL Wednesday night had:
-1x Chevy Cruze
-1x Kia Optima
-1x Hyundai Sonata
-1x Buick Verano
-2x Chrysler 300c
-1x Cadillac XTS
-3x Chevy Impalas (all LT)
-3x Toyota Avalon (all XLE)
-1x Chevy Suburban
-A bunch of Hyundai and Nissan mid-size SUVs

The upgrade area had:
-1x Nissan Maxima
-2x Infiniti Q50
-1x Infiniti QX60
Old Jun 12, 17, 7:08 am

PC FLL on Thursday evening had a smaller selection than normal:
-A bunch of Nissan Altimas
-Several Buick Veranos
-Tons of mid-size, non-luxury SUVs
-The same higher-mileage Mercedes GLA250 that I've had before
-A single Toyota Avalon XLE
-A single Chrysler 300c
Old Jun 13, 17, 11:14 pm
Original Poster

FLL Report

Awesome experience this time..

There were so many nice cars at PC isle it was even hard to pick one this weekend, I got a black 2017 C300 for a 3 day drive, there was available a brand new Q60S (which I couldn't take, traveling with wife and baby..), a couple Q50, another white C300, covertible mustang and a QX60 among other nice rides and Sonatas and Chevys.

At vehicle return, I have spotted GMC Yukon, 2 Infity Q80, one Q60 among others Prestige models.

Anyway this looks like a real improvement to the service, the way it supposed to be. Thanks Hertz for this one.
Old Jun 15, 17, 7:31 pm
Original Poster

Just got an Yukon XL at FLL PC aisle, booked C.

Lots of Ford Explorers, a couple Infinity, one Cadillac sedan XTS if not mistaken something like that, the Yukon that I got and a Suburban. Nice but not awesome like last weekend.
Old Dec 18, 17, 4:26 pm

Programs: National, Hertz
Picked up Friday morning around 11 AM from the Gold section. No longer PC or Five Star with Hertz, so I didn't really look at those aisles. Gold was completely stocked, and the choices weren't too bad considering my 3 day rental was $63 including taxes and fees.

Your color choice Malibu or Cruze
Handful of Sonatas which were all pretty worn on the outside
2x Santa Fe
2x 2018 Buick Encores (almost took one)
4x 2018 Altima 2.5 SL (no nav, but the two I checked had less than 100 miles)
2x 2018 Kia Niro, both with less than 500 miles

I took one of the Niro's since I was going to be in heavy traffic my entire trip and could use the efficiency. Tagged B4. I actually liked it a lot! Sirius XM, keyless drive, Apple CarPlay/Android Auto, backup camera all standard and decent trunk space for a little hybrid. It definitely drives like a hybrid (i.e. it has the typical regenerative braking dive and you're not winning any drag races) but it's comfortable and very efficient. I averaged 41 MPG over the weekend, which was my actual calculation based on miles driven and gas filled. Trip computer read 48 MPG.
Old Jan 12, 18, 6:34 am

Programs: HH Gold, UAL SP, Marriott PL, National Excecutive Elite, SWA A+
On Monday 01/08/2017 PC Section was mostly Altimas SL, Impalas, and Santa Fe's. But if you looked there were a few gems.
A few Q50's
A Ford Edge SEL
A few Ford Fusions Titatiums
A few Ford F150's
Old Apr 17, 18, 9:48 am

XBAR - FLL

I'm renting an XBAR Group E next week in FLL. Price was good. Website says Infiniti X60, but looking through the Ride Classifications posts, the only XBAR I can find is a Tesla Roadster. Anyone have any idea what else is in the XBAR grouping? Not sure about using the Tesla, as we are heading to Key West from FLL, unless someone has any info regarding charging those things on the fly.....thanks!

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Apr 17, 18 at 10:43 am Reason: Moved into consolidated thread
Old Jul 10, 18, 10:54 am

Programs: AA
Normally I am a National guy, but I have been having really bad experiences with the LL location lately. I found a decent deal with Hertz on a JFDR class (H4 class?) What kinds of vehicles do they mostly have - MBs or do they get others in there as well?
Old Sep 5, 18, 10:06 am

Programs: National Exec, Hertz PC, Avis PC, Sixt Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Wyndham Diamond, TR Diamond
Any recent experiences at FLL? I've got an Avis reservation as primary and Hertz as secondary in case Avis assigns me something silly.
Old Oct 8, 18, 6:35 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Arrived at FLL on the Saturday of Columbus Day weekend around 2:30 pm and found the lot half full and largely stocked with unremarkable cars. Of note were a Dodge Durango GT, Charger SXT, Toyota Avalon XLE, and a Nissan Maxima. There were a few Kia Sorrentos as well. I found a 2018 YF Dodge Charger R/T Hemi with 15,000 miles on the odometer and working Sirius/XM and am having fun driving around the Keys in it.
Old Oct 8, 18, 8:13 am

Programs: MileagePlus Gold, Avis PP, National EE, Lifemiles Silver, ConnectMiles Gold
Originally Posted by FlyinHawaiian View Post
Arrived at FLL on the Saturday of Columbus Day weekend around 2:30 pm and found the lot half full and largely stocked with unremarkable cars. Of note were a Dodge Durango GT, Charger SXT, Toyota Avalon XLE, and a Nissan Maxima. There were a few Kia Sorrentos as well. I found a 2018 YF Dodge Charger R/T Hemi with 15,000 miles on the odometer and working Sirius/XM and am having fun driving around the Keys in it.
That's funny, I arrived around the same time (3pm) and was going to take the Durango but also ended up with a Charger R/T with 8,000 miles they brought around. Was also in Key West on Sunday flooring it up and down
FlyinHawaiian likes this.
Old Oct 13, 18, 2:28 pm

Programs: National Exec, Hertz PC, Avis PC, Sixt Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Wyndham Diamond, TR Diamond
First time Hertz PC rental. Shocked there were so many aisles of PC selection. Donít recall seeing that at National.

SUV city so that was good news traveling with the family. 3-4 Suburbans LT and a Yukon SLT with 44k miles!

There were here various other midsize SUVs. I saw nice Toyota minivan with 50 miles caught my eye and was very tempting. I donít recall seeing any cars at all. Ended up taking lowest mile 2018 Suburban LT with 13k.

Last edited by xfire22; Oct 13, 18 at 2:35 pm

Search this Thread
Search Engine: