Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Renting at MCO; What Kind of Cars to Expect?" Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Renting at MCO; What Kind of Cars to Expect?" Thread

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2019, 12:05 pm

First time renting as PC in the states. Had a standard SUV booked for a one way from MCO to DCA for 14 days.

My reservation said counter service so went there first, luckily there was no queue and the guy said ‘why have you come here you are a gold member and need to go straight to the garage counter. Went there and same thing they asked why did I come to the counter? I asked don’t you need to check my license and CC as I haven’t rented from you before? They said nope. Great, lucky again no major time spent in the queue

Was allocated a banged up Chevy Equinox with 20k+ miles on it, torn cloth seats and basic trim. Asked at the counter if I could take something from PC aisle and they said no, had to take the assigned car. In the end I asked an attendant and grabbed one of the Buick Enclaves in PC, a bit bigger than I wanted but had leather, apple CarPlay and low miles. There were some questions again when I got to the gate but the guy was really good and ended up getting it sorted. Only needed to check my license.

Overall underwhelmed with the experience and lucky there were no queues otherwise could have burned a lot of time !!
Old Apr 30, 2019, 1:04 pm

Picked up at MCO today around 1:30pm, B side. Ended up with a 2019 Jaguar XE with 2800 miles on the clock (PC). I'd say the rest of the selection was pretty solid too, with a good mix of SUVs and sedans. The checkout clerk was really nice, too, though he said the selection was abysmal earlier in the day.
Old May 3, 2019, 1:06 pm

Hello - newbie to this thread. We are Hertz gold members and got a ridiculous price for a rental at MCO, category Z4. It says in the rental page that this crossover could be the Infiniti QX60 or the Rover Discovery. From reading the posts it looks like the majority of cars in this class are the QX60. Has anyone gotten anything else in this class from MCO ?

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; May 5, 2019 at 4:53 pm Reason: moved into location-specific thread
Old May 4, 2019, 2:56 am

Originally Posted by ulliboo
Hello - newbie to this thread. We are Hertz gold members and got a ridiculous price for a rental at MCO, category Z4. It says in the rental page that this crossover could be the Infiniti QX60 or the Rover Discovery. From reading the posts it looks like the majority of cars in this class are the QX60. Has anyone gotten anything else in this class from MCO ?
The QX60 is far more common in the fleet, and Hertz would rather offer the few Land Rovers they have as paid upgrades. Your chances of being assigned a Land Rover are fairly slim.

The QX60 is a glorified Nissan Pathfinder, by the way.
Old Jun 4, 2019, 6:30 am

Programs: Hilton Honors, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Executive Elite
Was just there
Side A:
Almost empty and nothing really caught my eye except a wrangler with 12k miles at PC
Premium upgrade has 740 and GLC300

Side B:
lot was full
PC/5 star/gold all had a lot of minivan and I mean all models and all colors.

5 star had a brand new camaro SS, would’ve taken it if I didn’t need more luggage room
PC has a mustang GT convertible
I ended up taking an expedition from PC
Premium upgrade had a lone tahoe
Old Jun 8, 2019, 1:04 am

Programs: Hertz President Circle, National Executive Elite.
On My Visit the past week, I went to PC and there wasn't anything I had not driven before or was thrilled to drive again so i went into the gold office and asked about the difference for something like a Traverse. The guy starts listing cars that were available in the Reserve area, and i was thinking he was trying to upgrade me, but then he said "Everything I just listed I can give you for no additional charge since that's what we generally put in PC, plus we're pretty slow." I ended up with a Traverse with 105 miles on it, and brought it back with ~1,250 miles in 4 days.
My next rental I was about to go back into the booth and out the corner of my eye I noticed a VW Tiguan with a panoramic sunroof sitting in 5*. definitely one of my favorite locations.
klanfa likes this.
Old Jun 14, 2019, 8:30 pm

Was there Wednesday night, around 11pm. Sad sight on B side, with generally shabby cars on the lot, dominated by SUVs and minivans. There was also a base trim Camaro, base trim Optima, Malibu and Impala, and a smelly Kia Niro. Gold office guy offered a brand new Impala from the reserved area, but that was all he had. Offered a Volvo S90 but said only with upcharge - declined mostly because of the high price that's out of the 50k cc CDW limit.
Walked over to the other side to pick up a 2019 Fusion Hybrid SEL. Lot was quite empty there as well, no better than B side.
Old Jun 17, 2019, 2:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: 2008 FT1 Fantasy Football Champion
Rental 6/8-12.
Was on the Southwest side (A I think). Pickup at ~5pm.
Reserved a midsize SUV.
The car email/text said Gold Choice. The Gold Choice section had 2 cars - a Kia sedan and a Kia Soul.
Went to the counter, explained I reserved a SUV because I wanted one, gave me a 2019 Ford Escape Titanium. His comment was "There were lots of cars in Gold an hour ago..."

Yes, it worked out fine, but I guess in the future I'll just reserve a midsize sedan and take my chances. I paid more than the midsize sedan rate because I wanted a SUV. If they are just going to stick me in the Choice pool, I have no incentive to pay more...
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old Jul 22, 2019, 7:21 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, Flying Blue Platinum For Life
Today (July 22) i made a last minute booking for a fullsize (FCAR) at MCO. Came in around 19.30 and they hardly had any kind if cars available. Received a Dodge minivan 7-seater..
Old Jul 30, 2019, 6:18 am

V4 at MCO

Booked class v4 at MCO for 2 weeks. Just become a PC member. What car model can I expect.Do i get an email confirmation upon arrival with car type an lot it is parked in?
Tnx from the Norwegian guy
Old Jul 30, 2019, 6:28 am
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

You will need to wait until the next program cycle date in order for your PC status to become effective. It could be as short as 1-day or as long as 30-days depending on when you signed up.

That said, a V4/SSAR means you will be assigned a specific vehicle--most likely a Mustang GT or Camaro SS. Your PC status really doesn't help you here with regard to vehicle selection. It's mostly beneficial when booking an intermediate car or higher, you get access to Hertz's Ultimate Choice section to choose your own vehicle. However, when booking a specialty vehicle, they will always assign you a specific vehicle since there's no guarantee that the vehicle you selected will be available in the UC section. You can still choose from the UC section that corresponds to your status if you like, but it's not common to find a GT/SS in that area.
berramann likes this.
Old Jul 30, 2019, 12:58 pm
Moderator, Hertz; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1MM, BA GGL, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond and others
Originally Posted by berramann
Booked class v4 at MCO for 2 weeks. Just become a PC member. What car model can I expect.Do i get an email confirmation upon arrival with car type an lot it is parked in?
Tnx from the Norwegian guy
As the question relates to cars in MCO, I moved the question to the consolidated MCO thread.

Thanks
Jason8612 Hertz Mod
berramann likes this.

Last edited by jason8612; Aug 1, 2019 at 11:41 pm
Old Jul 30, 2019, 2:51 pm

Thank you for all that info Autoslash. Lesson learned today for sure.
Old Aug 3, 2019, 7:31 am

Programs: AA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Here’s a new one for me. Needed something out of MCO in two weeks and the cheapest thing (not surprisingly) was an O6. I have no desire to actually drive a pickup. I’m all good to ignore the board and to head straight to 5* or the Gold aisle, correct? Thanks for clarifying!
Old Aug 3, 2019, 8:52 am

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National Exec
Originally Posted by McSam18
Here’s a new one for me. Needed something out of MCO in two weeks and the cheapest thing (not surprisingly) was an O6. I have no desire to actually drive a pickup. I’m all good to ignore the board and to head straight to 5* or the Gold aisle, correct? Thanks for clarifying!
Yup, exactly.
McSam18 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.