Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Renting at MCO; What Kind of Cars to Expect?" Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Renting at MCO; What Kind of Cars to Expect?" Thread

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2018, 9:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt LT DM, Wyndham DM, Hertz PC, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Anyone have experience checking out Terminal A versus B? B has been really bad twice in a row.
Old Apr 14, 2018, 4:05 pm

Programs: United 1K, SWA RR ALP-CP, Hertz #1 Gold PC, HH Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by dinanm3atl
Anyone have experience checking out Terminal A versus B? B has been really bad twice in a row.
To answer your question...terminal A hasn’t been much better. I arrived into MCO for a quick business trip on Wednesday night about 6:30P and headed straight to Hertz on the A side. The President’s Circle section was nearly empty with the exception of a Camry, a few Malibus, Sentras and Altimas, minivans and a sole Maxima with 15k on the ODO. Very uninspiring choices in the Five Star area as well, so I ended up grabbing the Maxima. Meanwhile, the “reserved” sections were literally filled with Range Rovers, GLE350s, C63 AMGs, and multiple Infiniti vehicles among other choices. For being such a large Hertz location, MCOs UC sections looked like a bargain car lot compared to many other UC airport locations I’ve been through, and I’ve been through a LOT considering I already have 35+ rentals this year. Certainly disappointed, but I hate to say that this poor level of service is what I have come to expect out of Hertz with the treatment that they give their best customers.

Last edited by FlyingJayhawk12; Apr 16, 2018 at 8:58 pm
Old Apr 16, 2018, 10:56 pm

Programs: Delta, Hertz, Hilton, Marriott
Originally Posted by dinanm3atl
We always pick up on B and haven't really had any problems.
Old May 5, 2018, 10:32 pm

Overall B usually has a smaller assortment of "nicer" cars. Usually they are the first side to get cleared out at night though while A would be stocked though I'm not sure if it's always like that. Was at the airport a couple of times a few weeks ago and took a look at their selection and saw the usual - Infiniti Q50(1), Impalas, Maxima's, Altima SL, new Camry's, Caddy ATS(1), and a really nice Volvo S90 T5 Inscription model which is the first time I've seen it in a hertz fleet.
Old May 11, 2018, 2:14 am

Has anyone seen any Prius at MCO? If so, is it only a specific category reservation type or have you ever seen one in UC? We are Platinum so would be able to select from any of the UC sections, I believe.
Old May 22, 2018, 12:04 pm

Programs: AA, Hertz, SkyMiles
Minivan at MCO?

What are my chances of scoring a minivan in the President's Circle UC section at MCO the first week in June? We have 2 adults and 4 kids, so definitely need a minivan or large SUV. I know I can directly reserve a minivan, but I have enough points to get an intermediate free for the week. If I move that up to a minivan, I only have enough points for 3 free days. Just wondering if it's worth the gamble. I guess worst case I could reserve the intermediate and upgrade at the counter to a minivan if none are available in UC.
Old May 22, 2018, 6:12 pm

Originally Posted by SusanDK
Has anyone seen any Prius at MCO? If so, is it only a specific category reservation type or have you ever seen one in UC? We are Platinum so would be able to select from any of the UC sections, I believe.
Call the Platinum line and request a Prius. No reason to deal with UC as a Platinum.
Old May 24, 2018, 6:31 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Picked up a car here last night. Pickings in the PC aisle were pretty slim. With the exception of a Volvo S90 (a car I don't like) there was nothing fancy. A lot of Altimas (no Maximas) and Impalas and some Chevy Traverses and one Toyota Highlander. I took a Chevy Traverse which was probably a mistake as it's a crappy car too.

Gammur likes this.
Old May 24, 2018, 6:32 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Picked up a car at MCO last night at 9:30 PM. Pickings in the PC aisle were pretty slim. With the exception of a Volvo S90 (a car I don't like) there was nothing fancy. A lot of Altimas (no Maximas) and Impalas and some Chevy Equinox and one Toyota Highlander. I took a Chevy Equinox which was probably a mistake as it's a crappy car too. Agent at the exit booth was really friendly though.

Last edited by CMK10; May 25, 2018 at 7:24 pm Reason: Mixed up cars
Old May 24, 2018, 9:47 pm

Originally Posted by CMK10
Picked up a car at MCO last night at 9:30 PM. Pickings in the PC aisle were pretty slim. With the exception of a Volvo S90 (a car I don't like) there was nothing fancy. A lot of Altimas (no Maximas) and Impalas and some Chevy Traverses and one Toyota Highlander. I took a Chevy Traverse which was probably a mistake as it's a crappy car too. Agent at the exit booth was really friendly though.
That's the 7 or 8 seater, right? It gets good reviews, never driven one but its on the list, what don't you like about it?

Never driven an S90 either, what's wrong with that?

I would have taken the Traverse too.
Old May 31, 2018, 7:35 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, HH Diamond, Hertz President
Picked up around midnight on 5/13/18, I had reserved a Dodge Challenger R/T but poked around PC and there was nothing worth trading for. Mostly Altimas, very slim pickings, glad I paid a few extra bucks for the fun car.
Old Jun 12, 2018, 8:45 am

Programs: AA, Hertz, SkyMiles
Originally Posted by aewoodman
What are my chances of scoring a minivan in the President's Circle UC section at MCO the first week in June? We have 2 adults and 4 kids, so definitely need a minivan or large SUV. I know I can directly reserve a minivan, but I have enough points to get an intermediate free for the week. If I move that up to a minivan, I only have enough points for 3 free days. Just wondering if it's worth the gamble. I guess worst case I could reserve the intermediate and upgrade at the counter to a minivan if none are available in UC.
Picked up last Saturday around noon ..... No minivans in PC, but was able to find one in 5-Star. Lots of Chevy Traverses though in PC .... they seem to be pushing that model. The cargo space is slim at best in the Traverse with 7 passengers, so I had to pass.

btw, Hertz customer service in MCO is the worst I've seen in any Hertz location ..... very few employees around, so nearly impossible to find someone in the garage if you have a question. And the return took 20 minutes instead of 2.
Old Jun 13, 2018, 5:54 am

Programs: AA Platinum, HH Diamond, Hertz President
Originally Posted by aewoodman
Picked up last Saturday around noon ..... No minivans in PC, but was able to find one in 5-Star. Lots of Chevy Traverses though in PC .... they seem to be pushing that model. The cargo space is slim at best in the Traverse with 7 passengers, so I had to pass.

btw, Hertz customer service in MCO is the worst I've seen in any Hertz location ..... very few employees around, so nearly impossible to find someone in the garage if you have a question. And the return took 20 minutes instead of 2.
+1 on the service. When I arrived with my "exact model" reservation, I was first told they didnt have it, and they tried to push me on a V6 model. Only after politely refusing did they pull up the R/T that I reserved - I was not impressed.
Old Jul 3, 2018, 8:04 pm

~5pm today

Other than the usual Nissans, Corollas, etc PC on the B side had a ton of Chrysler Pacifica minivans, couple pickups and a couple small SUVs (e.g. Equinox). IIRC 5* also had a Pacifica and a small SUV or two.

I didn't look too closely at the sedans as I was looking for bigger, so there might have been some better stuff in there.
Old Jul 21, 2018, 7:57 am

Rental at MCO as a walk in

I have an upcoming rental at MCO but am staying overnight prior to picking the car up so I am a walk-in - what terminal should I go to?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.